TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tanabanana’s new Shelby GT500

Grabber

We had a very sunny day here today in WA and it is my first day of Christmas Vacation. Instead of working on Tana's car, I put together my Grandsons first ride and delivered it to him as an early Christmas present. I wanted him to be able to ride it in the sun today !

Kolin loves his new ride.

001-1.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004-1.jpg

005.jpg

006-1.jpg

007.jpg

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This evening I moved Tana's GT500 out of the Garage and into the shop so I can get ready to start working on it. I went ahead and installed the hood struts this evening so I won't have to work around the hood prop.

020-2.jpg

022-3.jpg

024-3.jpg

026-3.jpg

028-2.jpg

I also opened up all the boxs of mods so I could take a look at them. I have a dental cleaning appointment at 12 noon Friday, so I will not be able to get too much done. I'm going to try to a tleast get the Lower Control Arms put on.

012-3.jpg

014-3.jpg

016-2.jpg

018-3.jpg

Nice Rob. Perfection. Look how close they line up. Very nice. It would be cool if you did another video of her car when you are done. (like your original after KR's were installed video).

The trick to making the cuts perfect is to slide the existing clamps out of the way. To do this you must put a bungi chord on the long exhaust pipes to temporarly support them. Then you take the H-Pipe and bungi chord it to the bottom of the X pipe and line everything up. Mark it with a sharpi. remove the H-Pipe. Put blue painters tape around the area you are going to cut. Then cut it. Worked perfectly !

I may do a sound video later.

Here's the finished product on the H-Pipe installed.

038-2.jpg

040-1.jpg

Tana came out this evening to bring me a cup of hot cider while I was putting the mufflers on. She started snapping a few Pic's. It was getting cold and I had to fire up my little propane Mr. Heater to warm my hands up.

046-3.jpg

048-1.jpg

050.jpg

052.jpg

054.jpg

056.jpg

060.jpg

062.jpg

064.jpg

072.jpg

074.jpg

Rob, this is simply awesome. I can't wait to hear them and I can't wait to read about Tana's reaction to the awesome sound!

You should setup a webcam in the garage!

I had Tana come out to the shop after I finished. I wanted her to here the cold start...and idle down. She had a huge smile on her face and said, "my car sounds just like yours now....wow !" happy%20feet.gif

Tomorrow I am meeting another TS member for breakfast (tedj) and after breakfast, he is going to give me a hand with the 2.59 pulley installation. It's nice to have 2 goods sets of hands removing the pulley and installing it. We will also be installing the Ford Racing Cold Air Intake and VMP tune.

Now all I need to get is the paint samples from Hendrix (Bangastang) so I can order the 1 piece radiator cover. Tana's car is going to be ready to drive and worthy to show this Spring.

Tana came out this evening to bring me a cup of hot cider while I was putting the mufflers on. She started snapping a few Pic's. It was getting cold and I had to fire up my little propane Mr. Heater to warm my hands up.

It was the very least I could do for all the work you've done on Mrs. GRBR. :wub:

I had Tana come out to the shop after I finished. I wanted her to here the cold start...and idle down. She had a huge smile on her face and said, "my car sounds just like yours now....wow !" happy%20feet.gif

Tomorrow I am meeting another TS member for breakfast (tedj) and after breakfast, he is going to give me a hand with the 2.59 pulley installation. It's nice to have 2 goods sets of hands removing the pulley and installing it. We will also be installing the Ford Racing Cold Air Intake and VMP tune.

Now all I need to get is the paint samples from Hendrix (Bangastang) so I can order the 1 piece radiator cover. Tana's car is going to be ready to drive and worthy to show this Spring.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I do love that KR sound. :rockon: "Tana's car is going to be ready to drive and worthy to show this Spring." :( Spring? We haven't even started winter yet have we?

Now she sounds just as beautiful as she looks.................well done Rob. :victory: .

Tana, I can't wait to hear your report on the mods, sound, etc. Also, I saw your other post on looking forward to the Bangastang too. You should also know that Rob's influence went South to Texas. I am now putting the KR mufflers on my Mustang. Fun times. Happy New Year!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived