TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 At Dealer San Marcos TX

So yesterday I go to the Ford dealer in San Marcos to buy the new Boss 302 Laguna Seca they have on the showroom floor. After working a deal they spring a $20,000 dealer gouging in on top of the price, which I refused to pay and they refused to budge on ("we've had dealers offer us $15,000 over sticker") so I walked.

Today they call me and say they have a GT350 that just came off the truck, better yet with no dealer markup. I was just down the street so I go by literally to buy it, I was going to take that car home. The salesman takes me way out back on a golf cart and pulls up behind a well worn looking Mustang, proudly announcing "here it is". I was looking around, trying to find the GT350, when I realize this POS in front of me has a GT350 emblem on the rear faux gas cap. It's a 2007 model, a plain jane GT with a GT500 hood and this GT350 emblem, lots of use and abuse, and for this "super rare limited edition GT350" they only wanted $26,000!!!

Once again I walked, this time laughing even harder.

Wow, what a joke!

20k for the LS?

I would be HONORED to bring my GT350 to you, and let you drive it by their stealership to educate them on what a REAL GT350 looks like.:shoppingcart_:

Anytime John, seriously, anytime.

Are you insinuating that you doubt some other dealer offered them $15K over sticker for it? I know I am!!!! The Boss 302 and the Laguna Seca will be like the GT500, the dealers will try and fleece people on them, then when they can't sell them (and after paying months of interest on their floorplan) they'll take what they can get. This dealer has had that LS for months, the salesman told me they had it when he went to work there in April. Sadly, I was going to pay full sticker for it too. Oh well, by the time they get smart I'll have bought elsewhere.

I forgot to mention that I was also told that "they don't make the GT350 anymore". I schooled this moron a wee bit. These dealers actually don't realize that some people come in totally prepared and better educated on their product than they are.

I can't blame this one all on the idiot salesman though, because his bosses obviously fed this information to him. He obviously knows absolutely NOTHING about the cars he sells (he insisted that Ford makes an automatic GT500), the wrong person to try and BS an enthusiast. They obviously truly thought they had something special, $26K for a ragged out 2007 Mustang GT with phony GT350 badging? Someone's been smoking their lunch again.

Wow, what a joke!

20k for the LS?

I would be HONORED to bring my GT350 to you, and let you drive it by their stealership to educate them on what a REAL GT350 looks like.:shoppingcart_:

Anytime John, seriously, anytime.

Stealerships .... I will never understand them.

:headscratch:

Wow, the two LS Boss and standard Boss here went out the doors (two different dealerships) for $5K over. The days of $15 to $20k are not happening on limited production Ponies as the dealers can no longer afford to have them to sit in the showroom for months. in the last six months.

Today they call me and say they have a GT350 that just came off the truck, better yet with no dealer markup. I was just down the street so I go by literally to buy it, I was going to take that car home. The salesman takes me way out back on a golf cart and pulls up behind a well worn looking Mustang, proudly announcing "here it is". I was looking around, trying to find the GT350, when I realize this POS in front of me has a GT350 emblem on the rear faux gas cap. It's a 2007 model, a plain jane GT with a GT500 hood and this GT350 emblem, lots of use and abuse, and for this "super rare limited edition GT350" they only wanted $26,000!!!

Once again I walked, this time laughing even harder.

O man that made my laugh, Ford dealer not knowing a Ford :hysterical::hysterical:

Sounds about right, most sales people (NOT ALL) have no idea what the are selling.

That is sooo true, I want to check out a Dodge Ram SRT awhile ago, they told me this truck is so special, it has a CORVETTE engine in it, when in reality they have a Viper motor, I had to prove to the saleman it was a Viper motor........I opened up the hood :hysterical:

I like those cars as well but in time they will be selling for invoice like the GT500's do now. You may like MB or not but Dealers are not allowed to sell a "new" vehicle over MSRP.

Would you elaborate on this. Who do you mean by MB? And which car will sell for invoice?

Steve

I think MB is Mercedes Benz. Also he's saying you can shop around and get some smoking deals on GT500's these days, and before too long the Boss 302 will be the same way.

I think MB is Mercedes Benz. Also he's saying you can shop around and get some smoking deals on GT500's these days, and before too long the Boss 302 will be the same way.

Thanks for the interpretation! I had no clue what was being said either, other than I figured the MB part out.

I must say that when I got my wife's Jeep Commander last year from a Mercedes dealership, they were the nicest people I have ever dealt with. It was a low mile trade in for a new MB. This is even buying a car off their used lot. The purchase experience was unbelievable. They treated me like I was buying one of their Maybachs. They even knew pretty much everything about the Jeep. Drives me crazy when sales people have no idea about what they are selling.

Well Ford is Ford and there is no way around that. The Dealers are for the most part second rate when compared to MB and Lexus stores. I do like my Raptor and GT500 because for the money esp the GT500 at less than invoice is a the best performance deal out right now. This way I can have a car that I cannot worry about putting miles on or getting a rock ding lol. This is the first Ford car I have ever owned (have had 7 Ford trucks) and for an American car I am impressed. Given what I know now would rather have the 350 because the 2012 GT 500 is going to be like a dose of the clap in 6 months… New model coming out and you are already starting to see supply building so for the folks that paid sticker or worse I feel for them.

I was assuming that MB was meant to be Mercedes Benz but I got lost when Ram SRT-10 trucks, which haven't been built in years, came into the discussion.

So is someone saying that Mercedes Benz does not allow dealers to sell new vehciles above MSRP? Unless this is a recent change in the franchise contract its untrue. MB dealers mark up cars all the time especially the endless limited edition models they are always coming up with.

Steve

I was assuming that MB was meant to be Mercedes Benz but I got lost when Ram SRT-10 trucks, which haven't been built in years, came into the discussion.

So is someone saying that Mercedes Benz does not allow dealers to sell new vehciles above MSRP? Unless this is a recent change in the franchise contract its untrue. MB dealers mark up cars all the time especially the endless limited edition models they are always coming up with.

Steve

No I have bought several AMG's and other hard to get MB's and they cannot sell "new" and the way some get around this is to register then sell as "used" with like 100 miles on the vehicle lol...

Do your research and you will see that I speak the truth sir. Been hanging around Ford's too much lol. :read:

No I have bought several AMG's and other hard to get MB's and they cannot sell "new" and the way some get around this is to register then sell as "used" with like 100 miles on the vehicle lol...

Do your research and you will see that I speak the truth sir. Been hanging around Ford's too much lol. :read:

Can't say I've done any real research but I've seen ADM's in the past on MB cars and I just did a quick Google search and there are many MB owners talking about how much they paid above MSRP because they just had to have the car.

Seems like almost every new Gullwing owner paid over MSRP. I find it odd that every Gullwing would be titled, taxed and sold as used to most of these owners. I may be wrong but I suspect more than one MB buyer would be miffed at buying a "used" car.

Is there something in print from MB on this no cars above MSRP rule that you can point me to?

Steve

Well, someone should call Mercedes Benz of Boerne, in Boerne TX. They tried to sell my father his AMG for 3k over. He went down to Northpark and made a better deal there. I love my dad, but I hate that car with a passion. Always something breaking on it.

• 2 weeks later...

So surfing eBay tonight for a Laguna Seca I find the one I looked at in New Braunfels (with a BIN of $20k over sticker), and I see this "GT350" is also listed. They didn't list it as a GT350, just as a standard GT Premium, but the pictures will allow you to see the condition of this pile. They've lowered the price to only $22,495, and it's still overpriced at that.

eBay Mustang

Archived