TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My "new" Watt's Link

A friend gave me his old Watt's link frame, Jim Fay sold me everything else to make the kit complete, and I had it powdercoated to freshen it up. SGT Silver!

Can't wait to install it!

Jer

Fays2.jpg

Fays2.jpg

Hey, can I be the dummy in the classroom and ask what are the major benefits of this? Jer, I know you recommended this to me once before...I just want to understand it.....

Many thanks in advance.

Hey, can I be the dummy in the classroom and ask what are the major benefits of this? Jer, I know you recommended this to me once before...I just want to understand it.....

Many thanks in advance.

No Dumb questions except for the one that is not asked...

You might want to read through this forum link from a few years ago. Watts Link 11-7-07

Cool video of a watts link setup running at Sears Point, Uh I mean Infineon Raceway on the last page.

CC

• 3 weeks later...

Jer,

What's the status of your watts install? I just picked one up locally. I really liked reading the link from Three Cobras on his experience and how he set his up. Now something seems to be wrong with the link to his post?

If I remember correctly he found that one hole below center was really good compared to stock and I think two was even better. Let me know how you set it up. I'm waiting on a straight connector bar as the one I bought was for a vert. and has the "U" shaped bar. I guess it would work but I'll wait to get the correct part.

Thanks

Jer,

What's the status of your watts install? I just picked one up locally. I really liked reading the link from Three Cobras on his experience and how he set his up. Now something seems to be wrong with the link to his post?

If I remember correctly he found that one hole below center was really good compared to stock and I think two was even better. Let me know how you set it up. I'm waiting on a straight connector bar as the one I bought was for a vert. and has the "U" shaped bar. I guess it would work but I'll wait to get the correct part.

Thanks

Roger told me to put it dead center... after playing with it on his car, as a daily driver AND a Shelby track Pace Car, he felt it was the most appropriate setting.

So that's what I'm gonna do.

I got all the stuff from Jim Fay, so it'll be installed within 2 weeks or so... just been too busy lately!

Jer

Roger told me to put it dead center... after playing with it on his car, as a daily driver AND a Shelby track Pace Car, he felt it was the most appropriate setting.

So that's what I'm gonna do.

I got all the stuff from Jim Fay, so it'll be installed within 2 weeks or so... just been too busy lately!

Jer

Good info. Thanks

Getting my Fays Watts done today!

Let me know how you like it!

I've delayed my install, as I try to group my mods together into projects. I'm considering several mods that will all take place at the same time:

New carbon fiber driveshaft

New diff cover

Changing diff lube

Rear axle catch can

New UCA and mount

Painting or replacing my rear axle (The Moser, Strange, or Mark Williams units would scrub four mods at once: clean axle, gear ratio change to 3.73, better Posi unit, axles, etc... and diff cover)

Jer

Archived