TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What is a 40th Anniversary car worth?

I've been thinking about putting my car up for sale, and I was wondering if anyone knows what they have been selling for? I have seen a couple of them up for sale, but i have not heard what they actually sold for.

My car is #41, Black with silver stripes, gunmetal razors, 9000 miles. It is an Arizona car, and has never seen the rain!

This has come up before. I think the highest priced one lately was a party of 15 car that went for $53,000. The lowest I have heard was somewhere around $34,000.

Like the above post: It's worth a lot more than what you will get in this market.

This has come up before. I think the highest priced one lately was a party of 15 car that went for $53,000. The lowest I have heard was somewhere around $34,000.

Like the above post: It's worth a lot more than what you will get in this market.

:yup:

Might be worth more when we get the COUNT, and when we know about who has what and how many of each color etc from the registry??

I've been thinking about putting my car up for sale, and I was wondering if anyone knows what they have been selling for? I have seen a couple of them up for sale, but i have not heard what they actually sold for.

My car is #41, Black with silver stripes, gunmetal razors, 9000 miles. It is an Arizona car, and has never seen the rain!

Don't do it!!!

Well, I hate to say it, but I am VERY close to selling my 40th too. Hate to do it, but it is either this or the KR. I will miss the car, but I've enjoyed it for almost 5 years (which is longer than any car I have owned in recent times). That said, if I can't get a decent price for it, I won't let it go.

its a tough call for sure. But for now I traded my truck and am loving my 2012 Shelby!!! Now the question is...which car gets sold to replace the truck.

Here are a couple of pics of the newest addition...do I need to seek help for my addiction?

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0700edited.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

Thanks for all of your input, but here is the deal...I am not in a position financially where I have to sell the car, but it has been very disappointing to say the least about the amount of "respect" that these cars get. I bought the car because I really thought that this was going to be something unique and special and a little piece of history.

I have owned many Mustangs and Fords throughout my life, but I had never had a Shelby Mustang in spite of always wanting one. As a matter of fact, my very first car was a 1965 Mustang Convertible with a 289 that I bought as a basket case when I was 15 years old. I spent every dime that I had trying to restore that old car. I eventually got it finished, and even won a few trophies from some local car shows. I sold the car to my dad 30 years ago when went off to school, and he kept that old car all of these years.I finally convinced him to sell it back to me, and I'll be picking it up sometime later this year! Needless to say I am very excited about getting back my very first Mustang!!

But back to the Shelby. Owning a Shelby Mustang has always been a dream of mine, but I was not in a position financially in the past that I could afford one. Then in 2005 I started hearing the rumors that the Shelby mustang might be re-born! I was exstatic! I did my research for almost 2 years, read every article that I could find, called every dealer trying to get on a "list" to make sure that I could get one. While I was waiting on my car to be built, I was fortunate enough to meet Carrol Shelby at the SEMA show in Vegas and saw the 40th Anniversary prototype car on display...what a car! I had to have it!! I got on another list, and waited some more. Finally after all that time and research and waiting I was able to get my dream car. Then, the waiting started all over again, I had to wait almost another year to get it converted to a 40th, and I was only #41 on the list! The first time I saw it, I knew it was worth the wait. What an awesome car!

My point is, this was a "dream car" for me. A car that I had always wanted, something that I thought would be a resurrection of history. Something unique and different. The people that bought the 40th Anniversary cars were the risk takers, the first on board for what was slated to be a one of a kind car. I feel that it was people like us that helped to re-launch the Shelby Mustang. But somehow I am disappointed in how it has been looked at by Shelby since it has been produced. I understand that from a business standpoint that Shelby is not going to put much time or money into manufacturing products for a car that had such a limited production. But I really feel that the car deserves far more recognition than what it gets.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my car, and I think it was worth every bit of waiting that I had to do to get it. And I hope that maybe 30 years from now I will still have this car sitting next to my first Mustang! Just venting a little, thanks for listening.

But somehow I am disappointed in how it has been looked at by Shelby since it has been produced. I understand that from a business standpoint that Shelby is not going to put much time or money into manufacturing products for a car that had such a limited production. But I really feel that the car deserves far more recognition than what it gets.

My son, you will always be a step child. The good news is, you weren't adopted, you could have been a Dodge. Now, back to the attic. ;)

Well, I am sad to report that my 40th is gone. The good news is that she went to another car nut that will pamper her as much or more than I did. I will really miss that car and will still be hanging around this awesome 40th Forum...fantastic bunch of people.

On another note, I CAN"T BELIEVE I missed the Dearborn trip this year...2008 was one of the best events I ever attended...hope those of you that are there are having a blast!

Archived