TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel hop

wanted2b

Well, today was my first time for hitting the go pedal hard. It is amazing what that car will do, but, the wheel hop is awful. This has to be fixed. Does anyone know what to do? I sure want to correct this problem before I do any mods.

Thanks in advance for any and all information. Dark Side will thank you I'm sure.

The Roush Anti Wheel Hop kit is a quality option, IMHO.

Well, today was my first time for hitting the go pedal hard. It is amazing what that car will do, but, the wheel hop is awful. This has to be fixed. Does anyone know what to do? I sure want to correct this problem before I do any mods.

Thanks in advance for any and all information. Dark Side will thank you I'm sure.

I used steeda adjustable upper control control arm set the pinion angle at minus 1degree and replace lower control arm but these are fixed. Sounds confusing but it's not.

Elliot

I am going back and forth on the roush vs steeda set up.

How much increase in NVH did you get with the lower control arms with steeda? Did you weld in the lower relo brackets? Did you get the aluminum drive shaft. Steeda rep was telling me I needed the drive shaft to avoid any clunking noise.

Start with the LCAs... if it doesn’t work, then add UCAs. You can also try swapping out the OEM bushings. Note that any modification may have undesirable effects, i.e., harsher ride, noise, etc. I've read good reviews on the Roush set-up. Personally, lowering springs fixed it for me... If you conduct some research, you'll discover that each car is unique with regards to wheel hop, and its remedy is not entirely universal.

I am going back and forth on the roush vs steeda set up.

How much increase in NVH did you get with the lower control arms with steeda? Did you weld in the lower relo brackets? Did you get the aluminum drive shaft. Steeda rep was telling me I needed the drive shaft to avoid any clunking noise.

What is NVH? Lower control arms I got from ebay, machined aluminium style control arms they were 200.00 I tried with lower first but wheel hop did not go away. Then I tried with upper adjustable control arm from Steeda and this was it, but you need to make sure you don't set the pinion angle too low I tried from -1 to -4. Lower the pinon angle more the stress you put on the pinion but less llikely you will get wheel hop. I tried all settings and I came to conclusion -1 is the best setting. I am telling you from 3mo's trying diffrent settings. I had kennebell 2.8l set up with 15psi boost. I am not sure about the drive shaft because Kennebell said I had to buy 1 piece drive drive shaft so I purchased 1 piece steel shaft. You will find out lower the setting you set the pinon angle greater the noise is. Safeist setting is -1.

Elliot

Archived