TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bathing your Bunny

SVOC

Hey now, the Dust Bunny don't need no stinkin' bath time. :o

It just rolls in the gravel for the "dry" clean effect. :lol:

Seriously, I just use the compressor to blow off some of the dust, but would like to hear any hints on fighting the dust buildup.

Jeff,

Now you have opened a can of carrots...

I spent twelve full hours last year detailing the bunny and will again this year. Not my short wash once in a while, but my big yearly detailing. I did allot of research...

I am using mostly Wolfgang Souveran products from Pinnacle and some from Showcar on the forum. Found the Pinnacle stuff first. the Pinnacle kit costs as much as community college, but the results were worth it.

It even has a very detailed step by step DVD for idiots like me. http://www.pinnaclewax.com/productline.html

I use a foaming gun with their auto bathe after spraying the car down, then microfiber sponges, buckets with dirt excluers at the bottom, a rinse and a soap one, spraying top to bottom, cobra drying towels etc.

Wheels I use a showcar process and a boars hair tire brush etc. tires too.

Next is a four step process from clay bar, to non abrasive cleaners, to preway treatments, carnuba wax that goes on and off like soft butter and does to harm the Terlingua stickers, rabbit, stripes etc and leaves to residue along the edge. Then the interior another process... the Disney seats, the leather, the rest etc.

I do not even sit on my seats without a towel. No one does, but they stay nice.

Check out their system at the link. For the Terlingua it works.It is worth it as well, it gleams like gold when done.

David

Jeff,

Now you have opened a can of carrots...

I spent twelve full hours last year detailing the bunny and will again this year. Not my short wash once in a while, but my big yearly detailing. I did allot of research...

I am using mostly Wolfgang Souveran products from Pinnacle and some from Showcar on the forum. Found the Pinnacle stuff first. the Pinnacle kit costs as much as community college, but the results were worth it.

It even has a very detailed step by step DVD for idiots like me. http://www.pinnaclewax.com/productline.html

I use a foaming gun with their auto bathe after spraying the car down, then microfiber sponges, buckets with dirt excluers at the bottom, a rinse and a soap one, spraying top to bottom, cobra drying towels etc.

Wheels I use a showcar process and a boars hair tire brush etc. tires too.

Next is a four step process from clay bar, to non abrasive cleaners, to preway treatments, carnuba wax that goes on and off like soft butter and does to harm the Terlingua stickers, rabbit, stripes etc and leaves to residue along the edge. Then the interior another process... the Disney seats, the leather, the rest etc.

I do not even sit on my seats without a towel. No one does, but they stay nice.

Check out their system at the link. For the Terlingua it works.It is worth it as well, it gleams like gold when done.

David

Yikes! There are 141 washing and waxing products from the same company on this web page. Where is the Turtle Wax for the Rabbit! $129.00 for a can of wax. Holly Molly Batman.

Yikes! There are 141 washing and waxing products from the same company on this web page. Where is the Turtle Wax for the Rabbit! $129.00 for a can of wax. Holly Molly Batman.

Don,

I swear I did pay $100 for the carnuba (in a larger kit), but it lasts for like 50 waxes. making it a deal over time actually. It is the easiest, best product i have ever come near. It feels like lotion on your hands or a fountain of youth on your skin, and it goes on the car like liquid butter, Comes off even easier, its worth triple. Leaves zero residue or color, safe on all the graphics, i am telling you try it, you like it.

There video is amazing, so detailed, I learned allot!

I just used Turtle wax on my truck and its like cement getting off comparitively.

This carnuba spreads a long ways with very little - the Wolfgang stuff and really will cost about $5 per wax over time.

David

I'd put this carnuba wax up against any wax of any price. Plus it's made in America (as I see pinnicale is too), but costs $70 ($50 if bought in a kit). Goes on super easy and comes off easier than it goes on. No residue, good for stripes and stickers too. I have pit stripes and Terlingua sticker on my car. Also it has aroma therapy! A relaxing eucalyptus smell that my wife LOVES when I'm out applying the final touches to my detail job.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-423-adams-americana-premium-carnauba-paste-car-wax.aspx

IMG_2651.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

I'm not trying to get in the :sandbox: with David, but there are other products that do as good a job. Once you've found a premium car care product it is more about process than product. And from what I've read, David has great process. Anyone that washes thier car with a foam gun is OKAY by me!!! I do too...

:salute:

I'd put this carnuba wax up against any wax of any price. Plus it's made in America (as I see pinnicale is too), but costs $70 ($50 if bought in a kit). Goes on super easy and comes off easier than it goes on. No residue, good for stripes and stickers too. I have pit stripes and Terlingua sticker on my car. Also it has aroma therapy! A relaxing eucalyptus smell that my wife LOVES when I'm out applying the final touches to my detail job.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-423-adams-americana-premium-carnauba-paste-car-wax.aspx

IMG_2651.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

I'm not trying to get in the :sandbox: with David, but there are other products that do as good a job. Once you've found a premium car care product it is more about process than product. And from what I've read, David has great process. Anyone that washes thier car with a foam gun is OKAY by me!!! I do too...

:salute:

Jersey Gator,

Well said! Thanks for adding to the discussion.

I am guessing allot is process. I found that DVD of pinnacle's really good. It goes thru steps i never thought of for what its worth.

Yep, the foam gun step is on the DVD so is the seperators in the bottom of the buckets.

My Terlingua will never see rain, wind, or my clothes on its beautiful seats - cannot imagine how I would clean god awful yellow if dirty - I use a towel to sit, ditto for the armrest. I know this sounds absurd to some and iike a queen to some. I do drive the car a bit, I am thrilled just to see it and know it is safe in its trailer. Though running it fast around curves is better!

I could not afford to replace it and as a once in a lifetime i take the best care I can. It does lead the pack each year for the big drive at the Terlingua event proudly. About 300 miles.

Foam gun by the way is the way to go that and the clay bar!

David

It feels like lotion on your hands or a fountain of youth on your skin, and it goes on the car like liquid butter

David

OK David,

This smacks of language from a paperback Romance Novel. What do you do in your spare time other than wax your car? Ghost witer perhaps? :hysterical:

It will this year!

I'll be towards the back somwhere..... :shift::rip::fear:

Sean I am sorry, but i actually smirked at first at this comment. Good thinking though, beielve me I am not laughing, too much...

David

How about undercarriage cleaning, I know a few do this?

I use purple power in full strength, with a spray bottle, scrub with a plastic bristle brush on bad spots and then pressure wash, hand dry!

208219_208997949119266_111537295531999_791886_6155926_n.jpg

216011_208998002452594_111537295531999_791887_5488821_n.jpg

216418_208998052452589_111537295531999_791889_7828985_n.jpg

217026_208998145785913_111537295531999_791892_5025101_n.jpg

216564_208998199119241_111537295531999_791893_125550_n.jpg

Jeff, I think the pressure washer knocked a cable off and maybe blew the engine out of it!!! :hysterical:

David, smirk away my friend. No problem. I don't take life too seriously and it is just a car after all. Plus its a great "war" story - my car was totaled at Terlingua by a rock slide. Who else can say that??? :hysterical:

Jeff, I think the pressure washer knocked a cable off and maybe blew the engine out of it!!! :hysterical:

David, smirk away my friend. No problem. I don't take life too seriously and it is just a car after all. Plus its a great "war" story - my car was totaled at Terlingua by a rock slide. Who else can say that??? :hysterical:

Well I'm teaching Don the proper way to detail the engine compartment is to remove the drivetrain, clean it and then put it back in, instead of cutting my hands up trying to clean all the nooks and crannies with the engine in place.

And I don't thing David is referring to your crappy 95' Mudstain Sean. :poke:

Saen,

Saved me and my car he is my hero! He took one for the Terlingua Team! Thank you sir!

David

PS - this year on that stretch the Raptor is going first to chek for rock falls, wheh...

How about undercarriage cleaning, I know a few do this?

I use purple power in full strength, with a spray bottle, scrub with a plastic bristle brush on bad spots and then pressure wash, hand dry!

208219_208997949119266_111537295531999_791886_6155926_n.jpg

216011_208998002452594_111537295531999_791887_5488821_n.jpg

216418_208998052452589_111537295531999_791889_7828985_n.jpg

217026_208998145785913_111537295531999_791892_5025101_n.jpg

216564_208998199119241_111537295531999_791893_125550_n.jpg

Jeff, You da man!

If I could get under the Telringua I would clean there to. But until TPS builds and installs a lift, alas this will have to wait. Sigh.

David

Jeff, You da man!

If I could get under the Telringua I would clean there to. But until TPS builds and installs a lift, alas this will have to wait. Sigh.

David

I don't see a lift ANYWHERE in those pictures, if you do, please let me know as that would make my life much easier, as I'm old and crusty.

Jeff

Jeff--that under body cleaning is amazing. Sadly I use the "gravel bath" method to knock off dirt and mud under my Bunny.

(That would be driving over 45 mph on the gravel lane to our farm and letting the little flying rocks do their magic.)

Jeff--that under body cleaning is amazing. Sadly I use the "gravel bath" method to knock off dirt and mud under my Bunny.

(That would be driving over 45 mph on the gravel lane to our farm and letting the little flying rocks do their magic.)

You sent me a PM, based on my response to that, would net you that super clean undercarriage, at least until you got it home, for whatever happens after it's been in my hands can't be controlled.

BTW, on that note, as soon as I get a chance I'll get with you on that PM you sent me. ;)

Jeff

If you really want your car to be spotless I can give you some of my secrets, but it will cost you! I have only entered in two car shows (one with the 40th and one with the Bunny) and they both won!!! And the 40th was setting next to O'Brien's white elephant at the time!!! :hysterical:

I don't see a lift ANYWHERE in those pictures, if you do, please let me know as that would make my life much easier, as I'm old and crusty.

Jeff

Jeff,

You are a better car crawler than me than!

No low life comments coming here :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Good work!

David

You sent me a PM, based on my response to that, would net you that super clean undercarriage, at least until you got it home, for whatever happens after it's been in my hands can't be controlled.

BTW, on that note, as soon as I get a chance I'll get with you on that PM you sent me. ;)

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

The Dust Bunny could use some "car spa" time along with a little jackalope madness too. :drool:

Looking forward to your pm. :D

Archived