TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel refinishing

dakconvert

Time for new tires so I'm going to get the wheels refinished first. I have two sets, none are horrible, but clear coat is a bit cracked on some, painted sections a bit spotty in others. Two have very minor damage edge damage that should repair fine.

I was quoted $129 per wheel, but if I have all 8 done they'll do $100 per wheel. I paid $200 for the extra set, so that means I'd have to get $150 each if I sell the extras just to get my money back on them. Seems a bit high, I'm not sure the demand will make it worth doing the extras.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Time for new tires so I'm going to get the wheels refinished first. I have two sets, none are horrible, but clear coat is a bit cracked on some, painted sections a bit spotty in others. Two have very minor damage edge damage that should repair fine.

I was quoted $129 per wheel, but if I have all 8 done they'll do $100 per wheel. I paid $200 for the extra set, so that means I'd have to get $150 each if I sell the extras just to get my money back on them. Seems a bit high, I'm not sure the demand will make it worth doing the extras.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Seems very high to me. If they are not that bad I would not do it. You could probably paint them yourself. Any pics of them?

Archived