TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Boss casualty????

stpracer43

Its hard to say if its the first wrecked Boss as cars are destroyed before they ever reach the dealership in truck & train accidents. You then have a certain amount of cars destroyed by dealership personnel. For example falling off the service bay lift or wrecked during a lunchtime joy-ride by the lot boy. Then you move on to wrecks during test drives by either the salesperson or the potential buyer, this happens more then you think. Cars are also destroyed in fires, tornados, floods just sitting on the dealers lot.

Now once the car is sold you have many cars wrecked within the first hour by the new owner testing the cars limits. I'm sure there have also been cars destroyed by the wife/girlfriend upset over the purchase. Granted this Boss didn't live a long life at just over three months and just over 1,600 miles but I would suspect its not the first wrecked 2012 Boss.

Thanks for the link and for recorded history the VIN number of this car is 1ZVBP8CU8C5205233 and its vehicle #264.

Steve

It's sad to see any of them destroyed. Only 1600 miles. What a loss. I know only to well about dealership personal wrecking new cars. 1972 Chevelle Classic wagon w/10 miles on it. Tractor trailer pulled right out in front of me. So sad the customer was waiting at the dealership when the wrecker pulled it in. Not a good day.

Anybody have pics of the carnage?

I can't believe that somebody somewhere does not have pictures. A rail worker or somebody like that. There was confirmation however that there were 5 regular Boss' and 3 LS Boss' that were lost in that derailment. There is quite a few articles online if you do a search. It was confirmed, but no pictures anywhere that I can find.

I spoke to a Ford rep at Carlise, and he told me that the two LSs that were damaged in the train derailment (the pics arent' all that good, I've seen them) will be replaced by ser.# 751 and #752. He did not mention anythign about replacements for the regular Bosses that were damaged. I spoke to a sales manager at a local dealership and asked him why they hadn't received any Bosses, and he told be that their #1 allocation was destroyed in an accident while on the transporter. These things are going away before anyone can put miles on them. Talk about rare!

Yea I have to wonder if a drunk driver really pulled out in front of him or he was just driving too fast and lost control and does not want to say that.

EXACTLY what I was thinking... Which makes a more sympathetic ebay add : ran off the road by a drunk driver or I was driving it like an idiot and pushed it too hard and lost control and well...

Either way it's sad to see

Archived