TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whipple 4.0 blower

Hi All,

Ive been looking at Blowers lately and deciding between the Whipple 4.0 as on the new cobra jet or the KB 3.6 water cooled sold by Revan Racing. I'm torn between the efficiency of the KB and the looks of the 4.0, both are good blowers and I'm ready to pull the trigger on a blower in the next couple of weeks.

Can anybody share info on the Whipple 4.0 It must be good if Ford is installing from factory, yet I truly believe Van from Revan Racing when it comes to products for our cars... There is supposedly alot of parasitic loss with the 4.0

Any thoughts are appreciated..

Thanks,

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

Great news that you are getting a power adder for your car. I thought long and hard about which supercharger to get and, in the end, went with the KB. Van is one of the reasons for my choice. His advice on just about everything having to do with our cars is spot on. I have put the complete cooling package he developed on my car and it is beyond belief on the track. The good news, and I know you have heard this, is that just about any supercharger will delight you. Intangibles make up part of the decision. Some really like the whine that comes out of the Ford and Whipple units. Personally, my favorite wine is a Cabernet (bad joke, I know). Others like the looks. One of the big draws for me was the KB unit on my 4.6 has its air intake in the fender well where the air is as cool as it is going to get. The CAIs under the hood look better but I do not see how they can perform better. Just my two cents. Let us know what you decide.

Jim

Hi Eddie,

Great news that you are getting a power adder for your car. I thought long and hard about which supercharger to get and, in the end, went with the KB. Van is one of the reasons for my choice. His advice on just about everything having to do with our cars is spot on. I have put the complete cooling package he developed on my car and it is beyond belief on the track. The good news, and I know you have heard this, is that just about any supercharger will delight you. Intangibles make up part of the decision. Some really like the whine that comes out of the Ford and Whipple units. Personally, my favorite wine is a Cabernet (bad joke, I know). Others like the looks. One of the big draws for me was the KB unit on my 4.6 has its air intake in the fender well where the air is as cool as it is going to get. The CAIs under the hood look better but I do not see how they can perform better. Just my two cents. Let us know what you decide.

Jim

Thanks Jim, prior to this car I had another 07 GT500 with a KB 2.8 as well as Bassani headers and the heat exchanger by Van, plus a host of other items. I was near 800 horses on my last car.

I'm starting from scratch on my 40th as it is bone stock except for Shelby mods...

I know the KB is a kick as blower, but I just love the look of the 4.0 plus there is major work that has to be done to the K member to get the 3.6 under the hood.

Thanks for the input...

Eddie

Did you ever get all of those issues resolved with all of the forum members that were after you for the money you took from them for parts, but never delivered? :headscratch:

Welcome back :shrug:

Edit: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48000-beware-of-eddieg-sales/page__p__798275__hl__%22eddieg%22__fromsearch__1#entry798275

Did you ever get all of those issues resolved with all of the forum members that were after you for the money you took from them for parts, but never delivered? :headscratch:

Edit: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48000-beware-of-eddieg-sales/page__p__798275__hl__%22eddieg%22__fromsearch__1#entry798275

Ooops.......

Edit: http://www.teamshelb...__1#entry798275

I sure hope he did? I know there are ups and downs in life but to take and not deliver is completely unethical. A fellow Team Shelby members word is all I ever need to break my back to help them but when someone steals from fellow members that can throw a monkey wrench in that level of trust.

Personally I don't think this topic is old news and had been dealt with. There's no benefit in bring it up again. :extinguish:

Let's talk cars. :peelout:

Did you read the link at all??????? Do you see BAD SNAKE anywhere??????

When I saw Eddie's name again and went and found the link, No, I didn't read and memorize everyone's name involved. I hope you got your $125 back from this guy.

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I see a forum member return that was extremely dishonest and stole money from a lot of people. You guys want to welcome him back with open arms, be my guest. He didn't steal from me.

Edit: You're telling me you just want to talk cars with a guy that stole from you???????? You're better than me.

When I saw Eddie's name again and went and found the link, No, I didn't read and memorize everyone's name involved. I hope you got your $125 back from this guy.

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I see a forum member return that was extremely dishonest and stole money from a lot of people. You guys want to welcome him back with open arms, be my guest. He didn't steal from me.

Edit: You're telling me you just want to talk cars with a guy that stole from you???????? You're better than me.

I'm not say I'm better than anybody. In "my" opinion it's water under the bridge and I try to not hold grudges.........Life is too short.

Let's all get along. :beerchug:

:beerchug:

Bad Snake, you can't receive PM's so I'll just leave this here.

Good morning,

Hey, calling someone out like that usually isn't my kind of thing, but I almost bought some parts from this guy when he was stealing from people. When I saw his name yesterday I couldn't believe it. It's a bold crook that goes back to the scene of the crime. I'd hate to see current forum members go through what he put others through.

I wish I had more of your patience and understanding. If you can treat people that have done you wrong with so much understanding, you must be a great friend.

Again, I meant no disrespect to you. Have a good weekend.

-Brian

Good morning,

Hey, calling someone out like that usually isn't my kind of thing, but I almost bought some parts from this guy when he was stealing from people. When I saw his name yesterday I couldn't believe it. It's a bold crook that goes back to the scene of the crime. I'd hate to see current forum members go through what he put others through.

I wish I had more of your patience and understanding. If you can treat people that have done you wrong with so much understanding, you must be a great friend.

-Brian

Brian

Thanks!!!!

Have a great weekend too.

Mike

Good morning,

-Brian

He is reformed, honest. :hysterical:

Gentlemen,

Enough with the BS! Everyone got their parts! I wish certain people such as

blkGT500nCA

quit trashing me on this site. I made good on all my sales!

I seriously doubt he would do it in person? Its easy to trash someone with out all the facts.

I hope no one goes through what I suffered when I lost my job! Not having money to feed your family is the worst thing in the world!

For the record I also won my lemon law case against Ford and they bought my car back! Got a nice check from them which helped me survive.

I'm here to talk about cars and learn and exchange information in a civilized manner.

Can we please drop the flaming?:doh:

Ed :surrender:

Gentlemen,

Enough with the BS! Everyone got their parts! I wish certain people such as

blkGT500nCA

quit trashing me on this site. I made good on all my sales!

I seriously doubt he would do it in person? Its easy to trash someone with out all the facts.

I hope no one goes through what I suffered when I lost my job! Not having money to feed your family is the worst thing in the world!

For the record I also won my lemon law case against Ford and they bought my car back! Got a nice check from them which helped me survive.

I'm here to talk about cars and learn and exchange information in a civilized manner.

Can we please drop the flaming?:doh:

Ed :surrender:

You put several people though alot of trouble and you have the nerve to expect everyone to just forget. You do have a set, but lack common sense in a big way. You are a bad news and we got your number.

You put several people though alot of trouble and you have the nerve to expect everyone to just forget. You do have a set, but lack common sense in a big way. You are a bad news and we got your number.

There was never several people, more wrong facts being posted , username1 who bought all my parts, didn't get the headers because my car was at the Ford dealership going through the lemon process which he verified! They had stolen my original exhaust from the shop when they were about to do the swap which is why it took me extra time

Van from Revan racing did me a favor by getting me a factory exhaust and I was able to complete the deal.

What is up with you people! You act as if I took someones money and they didn't get parts. WTF! I'm not going anywhere so deal with it! No one seemed to care about what happened to me, just the fact that Matt didn't get his headers on time! Give me a break~

Lucky you got my number ? What does that mean ? Don't threaten me, as I will notify admin.

Ed

There was never several people, more wrong facts being posted , username1 who bought all my parts, didn't get the headers because my car was at the Ford dealership going through the lemon process which he verified! They had stolen my original exhaust from the shop when they were about to do the swap which is why it took me extra time

Van from Revan racing did me a favor by getting me a factory exhaust and I was able to complete the deal.

What is up with you people! You act as if I took someones money and they didn't get parts. WTF! I'm not going anywhere so deal with it! No one seemed to care about what happened to me, just the fact that Matt didn't get his headers on time! Give me a break~

Lucky you got my number ? What does that mean ? Don't threaten me, as I will notify admin.

Ed

Here is a PM Ed sent me today "Dude, you don't know me! Fuck off! You don't know the story! Don't threaten me again! Everybody got their parts!"

You tried scamming me too, but I guess you forgot.

Ed

Tell you what Ed, PM a moderator with your 40th VIN and if it checks out, I will say I'm sorry for thinking your nothing but a scammer.

Tell you what Ed, PM a moderator with your 40th VIN and if it checks out, I will say I'm sorry for thinking your nothing but a scammer.

CSM 07 XL 260 Feel free to call Wendy Calito at Shelby Autos Here ya go 1ZVHT88S375346729..

Now what?

Everybody has ups and downs, what you guys are raging about is bull shit! Username1 got a superstar deal, he got 12k of stuff for 6500 bucks, and I have bought and sold tons of shit here!

You guys keep missing the point, I had my factory exhaust stolen, while the car was at GUS MACHADO FORD in Miami, under litigation for my tranny! Some of you people obviously have nothing better to do! What is the point to all of this?

Ed

Well I was not personally involved with that whole parts deal going on but have followed it since it happened. The thing is, Ed even said he was going through a tough time and he said he lost his job. For some people that could be absolutely crushing. I realize there were people unhappy about the whole deal going on but Ed did end up getting the parts out to the people that bought parts from him. Granted it wasn't as fast as some may have liked but that's not the point. Buying parts from Shelby can also have a really long delivery time.

The fact is, is that this is supposed to be a TEAM. So let's all act like a team. This is supposed to be a friendly informative forum for people to enjoy.

I also realize there may be people who are still unhappy with Ed but that was in the past and you can't change that. Just reading some of the comments towards him was depressing enough. So I hope this can all be put behind people and see how it goes.

Cheers

CSM 07 XL 260 Feel free to call Wendy Calito at Shelby Autos Here ya go 1ZVHT88S375346729..

Now what?

Everybody has ups and downs, what you guys are raging about is bull shit! Username1 got a superstar deal, he got 12k of stuff for 6500 bucks, and I have bought and sold tons of shit here!

You guys keep missing the point, I had my factory exhaust stolen, while the car was at GUS MACHADO FORD in Miami, under litigation for my tranny! Some of you people obviously have nothing better to do! What is the point to all of this?

Ed

You could try toning down language to a respectable level and keeping F-Bomb out of your PMs for starters. I doubt I can confirm you are the owner of a 40th and I really don't care one way or the other, I hope you do own one, good for you Ed. If you don't understand why people are throwing the BS flag, then there is really nothing more to say.

Archived