TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR listed below 50k

Hood looks legit, maybe just the camera angle making it look funny?

Nice price on a nice car...

I disagree, Look at picture 3 and 4 it shows a screened vent on the windshield side and also check out the hood locks they are not twist locks. The lines on the hood don't flow like a OEM KR hood flows. It may be a KR but its not a KR hood.

100% definitely NOT a SAI KR hood... Its a KR but that is NOT a stock KR hood. Maybe owner smacked and put a cheaper replacement on or has the original tucked away and just replaced it with a cheaper one "just in case". I did this with the SAI splitter and put a SS one on. I know a fair amount of others have done this as well with the stock KR splitters. Perhaps this is the case with the hood but it's absolutely NOT a SAI KR hood...

Steve can verify the VIN if need be to check authentiicity and update registry.

Without the stock hood this KR is worth no more than 40K TOPS.

Definitely not the right hood. As some suggested maybe an accident, or maybe also someone who thought he would make more money by replacing the hood with a non OEM part and reselling the OEM KR hood separately as a replacement part.

Regarding the original post, I have seen a few KRs go for below $50K over the past few months. Here is a 2009 that sold on Ebay for $46,200 Canadian (roughly $48,000 USD at the current exchange rate).

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170646894845

Steve: Thanks for that info. Inre CarFax: I guess the problem there is that not all accidents are reported to CarFax. If you wreck your car and you or your buddy fix it, it never gets reported.

Regarding carfax, if the car is damaged before the sale, the dealership can have it repaired and not have it show up on carfax. Also, as far as I know....the dealer is "supposed" to disclose any previous damage and/or repair *IF* questioned by the buyer. If the buyer never asks, the dealership need not disclose that info. Again, that's what I'm lead to believe.

When looking for a Vista Blue KR, I found one in Texas. A few phone calls and some negotiating later, I spring the question about previous damage. Dealer then tells me that the car got scratched on the showroom floor and part of it had to be repainted. With that bit of info, there went the sale....I was angry that he wasted my time.

Archived