TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New from SPP: Shelby GT500KR Air Filter

Thanks. Turns out that Mustangs Unlimited carries the part and isn't far from me. This gives me a good excuse to check the place out.

I bought the replacement Ford Racing Filter at CJ Pony Parts on line for $70.95 with free shipping. That's between $5-10 cheaper than all other sites I tried. They were fast to deliver, and they come in the original Ford Racing packaging but cheaper than getting it from Ford Racing.

I mail ordered the filter when my local Ford dealer here in So. Cal. told me they couldn't get it! :headscratch:

Yep, that's what my local dealer's parts guy told me. He said that Ford Racing only has a few authorized outlets. In metro Atlanta, you would think there would be more than just a couple of them. I'll never understand that marketing angle.

headscratch.gif

Very odd because we tested two different ones before we had them made. I will get someone in Vegas to try a random one today and report back.

Hey Robert - Are you guys going to redo these with the correct diameter? I'd still like to have a couple of them!

I put VMP's new open-ended filter on and it fit just like the original. I believe it should breathe better than one that is capped on the end. The chrome ring on the end looks good too.

Did it come in a branded box? It looks like it is most likely an S&B filter.

I put VMP's new open-ended filter on and it fit just like the original. I believe it should breathe better than one that is capped on the end. The chrome ring on the end looks good too.

Is this the same one?

FORD RACING AIR FILTER REPLACEMENT GT 2005-2009

I like the looks of that one, but the part numbers don't match up to what we have, and the specs say its for a GT

Is this the same one?

FORD RACING AIR FILTER REPLACEMENT GT 2005-2009

I like the looks of that one, but the part numbers don't match up to what we have, and the specs say its for a GT

Looks like CJ pony parts has the same one justin stocks:

http://www.vmptuning...=295&parent=105

I have the FRPP CAI in my SS with Justin's blue/chrome tip filter. Fits perfect, looks great.

With respect to the above link with the blue filter with the open chrome end is obviously not original KR part . The correct part # is M9601D. This came stock on the KR when new.

I think this will get you there:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/FORD-RACING-AIR-FILTER-REPLACEMENT-GT500-2007-2009/p/M9601D/

I bought 2 of these and they fit perfectly. They are in the original box and branded Ford Racing.

To those who have put one on and it didn't fit, are these stock GT500KRs or upgraded GT500KRs?

Robert, my KR was at SA in January and got the TVS Upgrade. They used the CAI that came with the TVS kit, I just swapped the KR-specific rubber seal around the intake tube. It fit fine, so it seemed like they were the same. Perhaps not?

Cheers,

Mark

Robert, what procedure do we need to go thru to get a newly produced filter? Does the defective one need to be sent back? Thanks.

Here's the scoop:

After the sample was designed and approved, the manufacturer used the specs. from another SAI piece. We are going to have them make them over again. :(

Here's the scoop:

After the sample was designed and approved, the manufacturer used the specs. from another SAI piece. We are going to have them make them over again. :(

Thanx for the update Robert, I'm sure you'll keep us posted when the proper units arrive. I'll be making my order then.

Archived