TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Acceleration issue

Hey guys! Hope everyone is well, first time back on the forum in a while. I had 2 new tires put on the back and since then if I hit the gas and try to pick up speed ( getting on the interstate from a ramp) the car revs up to about 4500 rpm and then drops down to about two grand and then goes, but still doesn't go like it should. Then when I shift, same thing again. Ive made sure that my foot isn't even resting on the clutch. I am due for an oil change, but doubt that's the problem. It's weird, I've tried it over n over again the last few days. If I'm going 45 in fourth or even third when I hit the gas it's like I'm in neutral for a half a second. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

P.S Does anyone else have a rusty bracket under the driver seat? Ford told me that that should just be expected because of the metal used,but the passenger bracket is fine. I'm a young guy and feel like the dealer just thinks I'm stupid lol

No I've never checked on the tsb issue. I will be taking it in this week to figure out what they say. I've had the car for longer than 3 yrs but have 15000 miles. Is tsp covered under warranty or should I expect to pay for that?

If your clutch failed prematurely and it can be demonstrated that a warped flywheel caused it, you should be 100% covered. It is my u/d'ng that the flywheel is part of the 5 year power train warranty.

I have a 08 gt 500 that revs in 2 thru 6. It is at the dealer in Stamford CT. Stamford Motors. Been their since Thus. July28, 2011. Stll waiting for an answer

If they do the clutch TSB they will install the new '10 clutch and flywheel. Don't want to depress you but the last I heard they were on backorder forever. A friend of mine took 45 days to get his done. Lots of TSB's being done. Should have been a recall.

Archived