TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Open exhaust vs Mufflers

Shelby_GT500_09

Hey guys, for a start i have a weakness for the Boss 302 side exhaust (",). . . Soo i was wondering will i see higher numbers on dyno with the open exhaust or a mufflered exhaust will do better. Knowin that i dont care about the fuel. . . And ohh yeah am havin the kooks long tube headers. .

Your help.in this matter is well appreciated :-)

Hey guys, for a start i have a weakness for the Boss 302 side exhaust (",). . . Soo i was wondering will i see higher numbers on dyno with the open exhaust or a mufflered exhaust will do better. Knowin that i dont care about the fuel. . . And ohh yeah am havin the kooks long tube headers. .

Your help.in this matter is well appreciated :-)

You going to have a Boss over in S.A. or are you talking about a GT-500? I was stationed there in 1990-91 and wished I had had my 1990 LX 5.0 with me to drive. Everywhere I went outside the city was with the gas petal on the floor in the little import cars we drove. I basically had to learn to drive all over again once I was back in the states. My wife thought I was crazy always blowing my horn and flashing the lights at left lane bandits on the highway. First time I blew by somebody in the "Saudi" passing lane on the interstate I thought she was going to have a heart attack. Fortunately I calmed down and learned to drive in the states again (LOL).

To get back to your original question, I don't know that the side exhaust will gain you hp, but my buddy has one with the side exhaust unplugged and it sounds awesome.

Nice to meet you Bill, how's your drivin skills now ;-) for me the right shoulder over take is still the safe side lol well am talkin about the Shelby :-) i had a 87 GT and a 91 GT i miss my 87 :-( it was a monster back in the days hehehe

well i was wondering about running the down pipes with no cats or mufflers straight out hummmmm

where did use to live ? am in riyadh . . . 90-91 man it changed a lot here u should come over some time :-)

Nice to meet you Bill, how's your drivin skills now ;-) for me the right shoulder over take is still the safe side lol well am talkin about the Shelby :-) i had a 87 GT and a 91 GT i miss my 87 :-( it was a monster back in the days hehehe

well i was wondering about running the down pipes with no cats or mufflers straight out hummmmm

where did use to live ? am in riyadh . . . 90-91 man it changed a lot here u should come over some time :-)

I stayed mostly in Eskan Village, about 18 miles from downtown towards Al Kharj. I was all over the country though at one time or another and spent a little time in the two countries north of S.A. also. I worked at the RSAF HQ building downtown for the Airlift Division in the Air Force.

I remember some of those big Mercedes-Benz's passing on the left side in the emergency lane if you didn't pass the guy in front of you fast enough. We called it the Saudi passing lane. I remember I kept track of all the Mustangs I saw while I was there. I only saw about 15 or so and they were all Fox-Bodies and mostly 5.0 LX Coupes. I only saw one GT and no hatchbacks. :shift:

• 1 month later...

Nice Bill ;-) i like ur ride :-) well it has changed a lot now you wont only see stangs, but fully moded ones, there is a race track now and a drag strip will be opened soon, now those days the 93 LX is worth 6k to 10k $ . .

Hey whats with the red tie on the shelby mmmmmmm nice touch tho.

Sorry i didnt log on here for some time , . . . . Vacation ;-)

Have a nice dayhope to hear from you :-)

• 2 weeks later...

1badshelby. . . Great numbers mmm was it on regular fuel or high octan?

Well i dynoed mine its a full stock, it gave me 451 hp on a dynojet. I was so happy :-) i got the 2.59 pully 127 JLT CAI kooks headers still didnt install them abit short on $$$ lol, for the cat back i like the tone of bassani but that will be stage 2 form me with crank pulley.

by the way Bill they will open a drag strip in the end of Oct. :-) and the race track plus kartting and dirt bikes tracks will be next year. (",)

Thank you guys :-)

Nice Bill ;-) i like ur ride :-) well it has changed a lot now you wont only see stangs, but fully moded ones, there is a race track now and a drag strip will be opened soon, now those days the 93 LX is worth 6k to 10k $ . .

Hey whats with the red tie on the shelby mmmmmmm nice touch tho.

Sorry i didnt log on here for some time , . . . . Vacation ;-)

Have a nice dayhope to hear from you :-)

The Shelby was a 30th Anniversary surprise from my wife. She had worked a deal with the dealer and the red ribbon was an extra cost option she ordered through them. I was shocked, extremely pleased, and still very happy one year later. :worship::wub:

1badshelby. . . Great numbers mmm was it on regular fuel or high octan?

Well i dynoed mine its a full stock, it gave me 451 hp on a dynojet. I was so happy :-) i got the 2.59 pully 127 JLT CAI kooks headers still didnt install them abit short on $$$ lol, for the cat back i like the tone of bassani but that will be stage 2 form me with crank pulley.

by the way Bill they will open a drag strip in the end of Oct. :-) and the race track plus kartting and dirt bikes tracks will be next year. (",)

Thank you guys :-)

That was on 93 octane. Did not dyno the 116 tune.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived