TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1968 GT350 for sale in Canada

Hey Larry,

thanks for the message regarding this car. I had a look at the ad and one big thing jumps out at me. The Shelby engine tags appears to be a reproduction. it looks like the Shelby number reads 1968 and if this is so then I know it a fake because the true #1968 for the 68 model year is a GT350 black convertible, black interior with a white top and 4 speed stick, so if the owner is trying to say that the Shelby Vin tag is stamped 1968 to represent the year........ well then we know there is something fishy with this car.

It sure looks like a reproduction Shelby VIN Tag so I would definitely question what happened to the original VIN tag. Looks mighty suspicious to me.

QSS

Edit: I had another look at the ad and I'm sure it says 1968 for the Shelby # and the stamping on the VIN tag looks all wrong. I don't think the tag is an original. I don't know about the rest of the car.

Hey Larry,

thanks for the message regarding this car. I had a look at the ad and one big thing jumps out at me. The Shelby engine tags appears to be a reproduction. it looks like the Shelby number reads 1968 and if this is so then I know it a fake because the true #1968 for the 68 model year is a GT350 black convertible, black interior with a white top and 4 speed stick, so if the owner is trying to say that the Shelby Vin tag is stamped 1968 to represent the year........ well then we know there is something fishy with this car.

It sure looks like a reproduction Shelby VIN Tag so I would definitely question what happened to the original VIN tag. Looks mighty suspicious to me.

QSS

Edit: I had another look at the ad and I'm sure it says 1968 for the Shelby # and the stamping on the VIN tag looks all wrong. I don't think the tag is an original. I don't know about the rest of the car.

NP .... I know you would have a better idea then me.

Also seller has emailed me and the car is sold

Archived