TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Are You-All Driving Your KRs..?

oldlugs

Hey KR folk, just wondering if you're driving your KRs regularly, or if they're a garage decoration. Mine has been going out about 1-2 times a week. @ 4500 miles on it now, and it's running great. Only thing that's buggin' is the front brake squeal under light pedal pressure. Embarrassing when you pull up to the light... Otherwise, all is good and the car's a blast. Still completely stock, except for shorter antenna, sequential blinkers and adjustable panhard. :)

I've owned mine for 8 months and have piled 5500 miles on the odo....I'm sideways in mine every chance I get...next weekend two days of open track at Sears Point (Infineon), so i get to let it all hang out there... :shift:

2900 miles. Two years. Hard to resist driving her on days off. Plan on using the kr more on the track so she can be driven properly without breaking laws. Rolling up to a nice restaurant on a dinner date with the wife always invites stares. So that makes for a nice vibe. But doesn't get it in the long run with the car wanting to run.

As I've said before, I want to drive the car, not worship it!

And as soon as I get the track days rolling, I'll tear down the alter setup in the garage and the pedestal she sits on. Besides, 1000 candles burning day and night bothers my wife. And the spotlight from the street with kr exhaust signature re-looped onto a killer sound system doesn't have the neighbors enamored with me either.

Personally, I think all of them don't get it. BWTFDIK.....

<VBG>

And the spotlight from the street with kr exhaust signature re-looped onto a killer sound system doesn't have the neighbors enamored with me either.

Personally, I think all of them don't get it. BWTFDIK.....

<VBG>

...and speaking of neighbors...this is what I do in my driveway... :hysterical: ...had a number of wicked sounding Harleys and Buells that i'd lay down some scratch with...the benefits of a long driveway, yeah, the neighbors love me... :rant2:

driveway.jpg

driveway.jpg

I haven't heard of any real driving yet on this thread. I've had mine 5 months and added 2000 miles to the nearly 6000 on it when I bought it. Just driving it around town when weather permits. One road trip to Idaho 500 mi.round trip. I don't drive it to work. I have taken family and friends for rides (one Guy called his wife and told her he loved her one last time in case he doesn't make it home alive ).I love to drive my KR the sound of it;especially the supercharger whine. What good is having your dream car if you don't drive it? Sometimes I just can't wait for the weekend or to get home from work to just fire it up and ride.

I haven't heard of any real driving yet on this thread. I've had mine 5 months and added 2000 miles to the nearly 6000 on it when I bought it. Just driving it around town when weather permits. One road trip to Idaho 500 mi.round trip. I don't drive it to work. I have taken family and friends for rides (one Guy called his wife and told her he loved her one last time in case he doesn't make it home alive ).I love to drive my KR the sound of it;especially the supercharger whine. What good is having your dream car if you don't drive it? Sometimes I just can't wait for the weekend or to get home from work to just fire it up and ride.

...and speaking of neighbors...this is what I do in my driveway... :hysterical: ...had a number of wicked sounding Harleys and Buells that i'd lay down some scratch with...the benefits of a long driveway, yeah, the neighbors love me... :rant2:

I like your style!! :beerchug:

My neighbors hate me too... I do smokies in the driveway and donuts in the court just outside my house! :burnout:

I know I only have a GT500, but you guys need to cut loose and drive these beasts like you stole it! You only live once. Go for it!

:salute:

Roger that...drive it like you stole it. I have 11.5K on mine. Went for a nice cruise till the clouds turned dark.... :shift: She's fun to drive, get a lot of thumbs up. Saw a lot of Mustangs on the road so we're driven them. :happy feet:

I purchased my "KR" to drive and enjoy. Over the years I have owned a number of high performance cars and also built show cars which were featured in a number of difference magazines. These cars to, were built to drive and enjoy, none were every a trailer or garage queens. If I wanted to take a road trip or just cruise than i got into the car and went, and not worrying about the miles but did check the weather. I had a 1972 Pantera which I drove before buying my "KR", I would drive it on a regular basis around town and fun runs through the hill country. My wife did not like to travel in the car, so when I had a buyer who wanted it I sold it and got the "KR" which my wife will now ride in, if I drive nice, Hope. Living here in Texas, you put a lot of miles on a car just getting from point A to B. Since I have had my "KR" it has been to a number of shows through out Texas, trips to the coast, and a Shelby cruise event with 34 other Shelbys through the hill country which by the time I returned home had covered 400 miles in one day. If I need to make a short trip and the weather is nice, than I take the "KR", it is so much fun to drive, even through I do have a GT-H I could take. Every time I go out, I always get someone who gives me the thumb-up, or when I am stopped telling me how nice the car is. One of the things which makes the "KR" such a stand out is it is one of the few Vista Blue on the road, and I always keep it in show room condition. Each week while the wife is cleaning the house, I am out cleaning on the car. A nice clean car just drives better. I guess my license plate on the car say's it all, "2WISH4"

I don't drive mine enough for sure. Had it for a year and a half and only have 1k miles on her (and I did buy it new). Its not that I am trying not to drive it, just haven't had the time. Mine is fairly stock too except:

- KR Sills

- Sequential Tail Lights

- 20" Alcoa Rims and Goodyear Tires

- KR Script Floor Mats

- Shorty Antenna

- KR Brake Fluid Cap

- Shelby Signed Airbag Cover

I drive mine on nice days, usually once or twice a week. I drove mine to Carlisle in June, which was a 500 mile round trip. She has 5,200 miles on her since October of 09. Cleaning her up now to get it ready for a car show next weekend. I Love my KR!! Lots of fun to drive.

Keep it between the lines!

I've had mine a little over two years now and I have 1,964 miles on it. O was going to take it on a trip to Frisco, TX on Monday but the check engine light came on and it is in the shop getting fixed. I'm going start driving it more or I'm going to sell it. Life it too short for it to sit in the shop all the time.

weekend driver for the most part. but reading all these responses gonna drive mine tomorrow.:shift:

i have over 4000 miles on the odometer now. 1300 of the miles came on the team shelby cruises. man when i think about it i cannot stop smiling total blast.:play:

Ours spends a lot of its time in the garage and usually comes out on nice weekends for cruising or car shows. Put over 1400 miles on it travelling to the Carlisle Hall of Kings. We've had the KR a little over two years and have almost 6,000 miles at this point.

Mike

lol........I've had mine almost 2 years and have only 680 miles......lol.....I can't stand to get it dirty! I actually enjoy just looking at it. Currently it is sitting in my office. When I refurbished my building I was able to build-out a showroom for my Shelby. No need to respond to tell me I'm "sick in the head" I already know it! .........I just can't help it.

SVT

I have had my black one for right at two years and have 500 miles on it. The red one I bought this past Easter almost has that many. My wife is driving it to work on nice days. My work schedule doesn't allow for much free time right now.

Unfortunately not as many miles as I thought. 1500 miles since new in Dec 2009. Now, not really a good Canadian winter car so that makes up part if it. Just been driving my other cars that are rag tops or much quicker. Heck I trailered the KR to Carlisle and drove the Ford GT. That was fun!!! I still love the car. Its been very hot here and black not conducive to the weather. Will get her out more soon.

To be honest, I haven't really driven her much this past year due to a horrible winter, and a very busy summer. I have a tick over 2000 miles on her now (purchased her in Oct of 2009)

I did take her out tonight for a nice long ride with the family.

took her to a car show last night. wiped her down after stretching her legs on the highway on the way there. still feels good and has lots of GO power. attracts the folks likes bees to honey as well.

My KR has been out a few times so far this year.

We did the Jersey International Motoring Festival in June - the KR was the course car for the closed public road 1/4 mile sprint. We ran a 12.66 as the course car ! The following day she ran with a 1966 GT 350 and my 93 Fox 5.0 on the closed road active arena. July saw the KR at the Goodwood Festival of Speed (as a spectator - shame! but met up with a Saleen Parnelli Jones and Parnelli Jones), then a Mustang cruise in Hertfordshire (yep included a few tunnel runs), England followed by attendance at the Mustang Owner's Club Annual Show where she met a Super Snake also from Tasca Ford. Small world ! Later this month the KR will be attempting to beat the 5 mile road sprint record in Jersey, Channel Islands (13.9 secs - 1/4 mile with a negative camber double bend in the middle, again closed road circuit ) and September she will be attending the Mustang Owner's Club Track Day at Mallory Park, Leicestershire, England.

3,000 miles so far - I just love this car.

5805191969_0c82aa97f5.jpg

5806002106_3468f1b353.jpg

5917258376_31cb051515.jpg

5906006515_1bf80b0190.jpg

Had the car out for the first time during a brief shower. Hit the other part of town where there was no rain. Brought her up to a buck 10 to dry her off....lol

Joe - good way to cool her down.

Got the KR out a couple times this WE. I got her to the buck but Teresa started turning pale so I let off (lots left on these back roads being safe). A great weekend for a cruise, good to wind her up now and then.

Happy Motoring :shift:

I just got home from putting 200+ miles on the odo just racing (on the track) around Infineon (Sears Point Raceway)....in case you were wondering how thirsty these are when you're "on the pipe" I'd get about 100 miles to the tank....you do the math....but I could care less as thats the most fun you can have with your clothes on. :happy feet:

I have an in car video I need to upload :shift:

I just got home from putting 200+ miles on the odo just racing (on the track) around Infineon (Sears Point Raceway)....in case you were wondering how thirsty these are when you're "on the pipe" I'd get about 100 miles to the tank....you do the math....but I could care less as thats the most fun you can have with your clothes on. :happy feet:

Tom,

Obviously, the inertial forces at Infineon's hairpin turn 11 below weren't strong enough to cast you over to the nearby fuel island... shoppingcart_.gif

IMG_0607.jpg

:worship:

Gotta love it Tom................your driving that KR like the King of the Road should be.

Just curious, what kind of mileage do you have on the SS and the 40th?

Around town they both get about 14-16 mpg......on the track the SS gets 4-5 mpg. The 40th hasn't seen the track.

How's your KR do around town?

Archived