TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What is the deal with the Shelby Shifter Lever

Maadbeats

Saw this while browsing the store. I have an 08 gt500 stock shifter.. Any benefits to adding this to the car beside that Shelby is written on the sides??

http://www.ShelbyStore.com/product-p/7s3z-7210-sl6.htm

Thanks

With original shifter, end of shifts feel spongy or soft. With Shelby shifter, the end of shiftsare solid, like hitting a solid stop.

I like mine much better than original.

Gary

Thanks for The info. Very interesting in getting one especially because it's branded and looks better then The stock. But wasn't going to purchase if there isn't any benefit outside looks.

Easy install??? Shelby never adds instructions with any of their products

I installed one from FRPP, there weren't any instructions with that one either. You unscrew the knob from the stock shifter, pull up on the sides of the boot unit where it fits into the console and it will snap out, unbolt the shifter then work the stick out of the boot. Install the new one in the opposite order. I put a little locktite on the bolts and the threads that the knob screws on to.

Are you talking about replacing the entire shifter or just the handle? Replacing the handle will not do anything other than change the look. If you are looking to improve the actual shifting of the car you will have to replace the entire shifter assembly, not just the handle. The link you refered to in your post is for a shift handle only.

Im just looking at the lever. Exactly where the link takes you. Didnt know if they improved much shifting wise or if it purely cosmetic. I was also wondering if the leather that covers up a majority of the shifter such as the Shelby stamp??

Any one have a picture of one they installed?

I have owned many shifters over the years and the shelby shifter ranks #1 along with pro 5.0. It's the best mod for the buck if u want to shift like a racer should.

Negative. The MGW will out shift every shifter so far for the Shelby.

It's expensive, yes. But it's worth every damn penny.. I myself am switching my KR shifter for the MGW

This is just the handle to make things look pretty :-) For better, shorter throw shifting, you need to get the whole Shelby short throw shifter kit. You can push the leather boot down some so that Shelby shows.

That us exactly the info I was looking for.

Great suggestions on upgrading the whole system. Will look into a complete over haul.

Any links to where you can purchase the whole Shelby shifting system? Can't find one in the official store. Outside links with Lower a price the better

Shelby shifter is no longer available, supposed to be a new version coming out soon.

Archived