TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Razors - do they all have "shelby" stamped on them?

As some of you know, I've been searching extensively for a set of silver razors to replace the chromes on my 40th because I orginally ordered it with silver, but went with chrome when silvers were backordered. I never really liked the chrome and wanted to go with silver as I originally planned, but all of the Razors have been discontinued for some time.

I found a set of silver razors on craigs list out of town, but near enough to that I could have a buddy go pick them up for me. They seem to be in great shape (according to him) except that one of the wheels has some of the clear coat on the lip that is coming off. I am assuming I can get that wheel (or all of them) re-sprayed with clear and all will be good there. Any advice is appreciated here.

My question is, I believe all of the razors that came on our 40th's had "Shelby" stamped on one of the spokes, is that right?

This set apparently does not have Shelby on them so I am assuming that some were made for Shelby and others were sold without the branding so they could be used on non-shelby vehicles. Net is, they will look good but it won't be as "authentic" as I'd like.

Robert Lane will need to verify this but I've been told that the Razor wheels were manufactured for several years before Shelby started using them. What that means is there will be some Razor wheels out there without the Shelby name on them, these non Shelby branded wheels obviously did not come from Shelby.

Steve

Robert Lane will need to verify this but I've been told that the Razor wheels were manufactured for several years before Shelby started using them. What that means is there will be some Razor wheels out there without the Shelby name on them, these non Shelby branded wheels obviously did not come from Shelby.

Steve

I've seen lots of Razors without the logo.

In fact, when I was shopping for my chrome ones last year, that was ALL I saw. (Eventually, I got lucky).

Jer

Steve

You are absolutely correct Steve. The Razor wheels were manufactures by American Racing for themselves and for Shelby with the name stamped on one spoke for Shelby to sell to the geberal public and a hand full of Wheel vendors .

Scotty

My question is, I believe all of the razors that came on our 40th's had "Shelby" stamped on one of the spokes, is that right?

Correct.

Shelby contracted w/AR to manufacture the Shelby wheels. Shelby did not renew this contract. AR is still making the "Razors", however, w/o the Shelby branding. FWIW, I like the chrome Razors on your car. GL in your pursuit to find the Silver (Shelby) Razors...

According to American Racing, they've discontinued all Razors. Thanks Steeltown, the chrome rims were just a little bit too "blingy" for my taste (just a little), and I really like the silver rims and the silver stripes. I am going to use these rims for now and keep looking for official Shelby versions...thanks all!

Archived