TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New to The Shelby GT500

blackout

Hello...just thought I'd officially "join" since I'm about to be a proud owner of a 2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake (black on black)--although I'm not expecting the car any time soon. It was delivered to SA at the beginning of the month and, given what SA must have in production, delivery probably won't be until late Fall.

I'm coming to the Shelby by way of a mod'ed GT-R, 2 350zs--smartly mod'ed N/A cars, a 425 Hp Evo IX--heavily mod'ed meth-injected machine, and a few others that make up about 11 years of absolute driving pleasure.

That said, I think I've found the machine for me. Now, if I can stand the wait--it's a killer...but, as the axiom goes, all good things and so on.

In any event, look forward to learning more about the car and am continuing to plod through this forum--good stuff.

Cheers!

Welcome Aboard! Lots of good folks here who can help with many questions and interests.

You have a great car! Be sure and register her at the link below when you are ready.

All the best,

David

Pics and details will follow delivery...as will my official entry in the Shelby registry.

For now, details are as follows: black on black SS w/black wheels. No options beyond the rims but primarily interested in the cooling system and possible suspension tweaks/improvements. Didn't go for the cooling package...need to get a measurable sense of heat soak under daily/normal driving conditions. Suspension work is just a personal preference and favorite to do--even the slightest touches can reverberate throughout the ride's performance. Outside of a few minor interior alterations (e.g., black ball shifter--why isn't that just a customer choice?), I don't have any immediate plans other than driving this machine--when it gets here, that is!!

Welcome! Make sure and check out the Mountain Region section for upcoming events. Also check out the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club as we also hold quite a few activities including monthly breakfast or other, get togethers. There are a few guys from the Springs that stay active with the group. There are quite a few SS's also in the area. Sounds like your's will be incredible! Can't wait to see it.

Welcome! Make sure and check out the Mountain Region section for upcoming events. Also check out the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club as we also hold quite a few activities including monthly breakfast or other, get togethers. There are a few guys from the Springs that stay active with the group. There are quite a few SS's also in the area. Sounds like your's will be incredible! Can't wait to see it.

Thanks for the recommendation...with any luck, I'll be able to show up in my SS--I can't wait to see, too! Normally, the only thing I'm doing in 3 to 6 month increments is deploying...never had this long to wait on a car. Time seems to pass quicker in the desert!

• 2 weeks later...

+1 Congrats and welcome Blackout ! Like Jeff, I can't wait to see your car also. Ping us when you get your car, but in the mean time you are welcome to still come to the Shelby Breakfast Club meetings. We have several SS owners. They are amazing cars!

+1 Congrats and welcome Blackout ! Like Jeff, I can't wait to see your car also. Ping us when you get your car, but in the mean time you are welcome to still come to the Shelby Breakfast Club meetings. We have several SS owners. They are amazing cars!

Will do! Just talked to Jeremy...mine is just waiting...and waiting on a lift. I'll be shooting pics and vids to post when it arrives. Cheers!

Quick question for the CO Super Snake owners regarding the front license plate...I have one of Craig's brackets coming--though not sure it will fit the front facia of my 2012. So, is the front plate law really enforced in CO? I've seen a bunch of Internet petitions to rescind the law...you guys think there'll be any success on that front?

Cheers!

BTW...no word from SAI on my SS, yet...but I'll post all the pics I can when it finally arrives!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got the call from Roger...I'm going into production! Not sure how long the build takes once the car is on the lift, but I'll have pics and vids posted after it arrives.

Cheers!

I bet the days are counting long. I didn't build my car but a friend of mine did who owns the dealership and it was love at first look and 20 minutes after seeing it .... I bought it.

But I built my 2009 Ford Platinum and it took 4 months and delivery date was Dec. 24th 2008. It seemed forever for that day to come and living in Michigan I was bummed at it started snowing on the way home. Hard to trailer a F150.................... Look forward to pics.

Hello...just thought I'd officially "join" since I'm about to be a proud owner of a 2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake (black on black)--although I'm not expecting the car any time soon. It was delivered to SA at the beginning of the month and, given what SA must have in production, delivery probably won't be until late Fall.

I'm coming to the Shelby by way of a mod'ed GT-R, 2 350zs--smartly mod'ed N/A cars, a 425 Hp Evo IX--heavily mod'ed meth-injected machine, and a few others that make up about 11 years of absolute driving pleasure.

That said, I think I've found the machine for me. Now, if I can stand the wait--it's a killer...but, as the axiom goes, all good things and so on.

In any event, look forward to learning more about the car and am continuing to plod through this forum--good stuff.

Cheers!

Welcome, sounds like a cool ride, please post pics when you get Her.......................

Cheers!

Welcome, sounds like a cool ride, please post pics when you get Her.......................

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quick question for the CO Super Snake owners regarding the front license plate...I have one of Craig's brackets coming--though not sure it will fit the front facia of my 2012. So, is the front plate law really enforced in CO?

Blackout,

I haven't put the front plate on my car and I've had it just over 2 years now. The car gets lots of attention and I've had a CSPD officer get up on my tail to send me a message (I was FLYING down Milton E. Proby). He never saw the front but if he was looking for a excuse to pull me over, he had one.

I keep my front plate in the pouch on the back of the pass. seat and as per Robert B., if you ever get questioned on it just tell the officer you have the bracket on order from Ford and you're just waiting for it to come in. Either that or reach behind the pass. seat, pull the plate out and set it on your dash on the pass side. I'm not sure that will work or not but someone told me in CO the law is simply says that the front plate has to be "forward facing" so setting it on the dash may cover it.

I will NOT drill my front facia to mount my plate. If I get a cite I'll use wire ties to temporaraly affix it to my lower grille opening and get the ticket signed off. Phil Long Motor City Ford has a 2010 Grabber Blue GT500 sitting on their lot now and they drilled the front facia for a plate. I told them "good luck selling THAT one" because most people I know refuse to ruin the front facia by drilling it.

Also, unless you mount your plate on the bumper it will be blocking air to the radiator (top section of the grille) or the intercooler (lower section) so it has to be mounted dead center.

Not this kid,

Phill Pollard

blackout - Congrats on your new SS! If you and konablue decide to race give me a shout so I can watch. I'm in Denver and as kona mentions I too don't have the front plate affixed to the bumper. From what I read most people that have issues are parking downtown Denver, as the meter maid will write you up. This maybe the case in DT C.S. so beware. Kona has good advise on keeping it handy so you can quickly place it on the front dash, that's what I'm doing. I think this may work DT as well (just a guess).

Cheers,

Moncho

Archived