TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby in Calgary

MacStang

Just picked it up yesterday, Vista Blue Coupe with Tungsten stripes, what an awesome color combination, it is a really beautiful car. This car definitely hauls ass - I love the sound of the supercharger, it makes my 2001 Cobra seem slow. The weather here in Calgary was nice yesterday, so I put about 100km on it and broke in the tires a little bit. I feel fortunate to get one but I have been waiting since the summer of 2005 and got one of last 07 cars that my dealership was getting (Advantage Ford, I think they got 12 GT500's as they are the biggest Mustang dealer in Canada). My Shelby came standard with the upgraded interior (which I knew) and the Sirius radio (which I did not), which was a nice surprise. I had to pay 5K over, but it seems like a bargain right now. They have a white coupe with blue stripes in the showroom that they want $85,000 Cdn for, hard to believe but I think they will get it as there is so much interest in these cars. I know the rules, post pictures, but I am technically challenged sometimes so it may take a while, I will try later on. Good luck to all of you who are waiting, but as many have said, it is worth it.

Congrats MacStang, hopefully good weather this weekend for a few more miles.

As an aside all SVT dealers in Canada received the same number of cars - 15 on the initial go round and an additional 4 a few weeks ago for a total of 19 for 2007.

Congratulation on your new ride MacStang!

I agree with you that 5K ADM is a pretty good deal indeed. A few months back when I was still looking to find one in Canada, I saw a couple from Alberta advertised at around 100K at Autotrader.ca. I think your dealer may get his 85k after all.

Nice to see that weather allows some driving in your part of the Country. I'm hoping to drive mine for the first time around Easter weekend if I'm lucky. I can't wait!!!

Just picked it up yesterday, Vista Blue Coupe with Tungsten stripes, what an awesome color combination, it is a really beautiful car. This car definitely hauls ass - I love the sound of the supercharger, it makes my 2001 Cobra seem slow. The weather here in Calgary was nice yesterday, so I put about 100km on it and broke in the tires a little bit. I feel fortunate to get one but I have been waiting since the summer of 2005 and got one of last 07 cars that my dealership was getting (Advantage Ford, I think they got 12 GT500's as they are the biggest Mustang dealer in Canada). My Shelby came standard with the upgraded interior (which I knew) and the Sirius radio (which I did not), which was a nice surprise. I had to pay 5K over, but it seems like a bargain right now. They have a white coupe with blue stripes in the showroom that they want $85,000 Cdn for, hard to believe but I think they will get it as there is so much interest in these cars. I know the rules, post pictures, but I am technically challenged sometimes so it may take a while, I will try later on. Good luck to all of you who are waiting, but as many have said, it is worth it.

Congrats McStang & welcome to the site. Good to hear from another AB 500 owner.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news. Now that you have the car, you'll have to change your name on the site from "MacStang" to "MacDaddy".

HSURB

• 3 weeks later...

Archived