TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H #102 to be GT-H SC

JeffJ

Very excited to soon have my GT-H to be Paxton equiped. I'm doing the self lubricated Shelby/Paxton, intercooled, gauges, and GT500 dual fuel pumps. Here it is on it's way. Sharing space on the truck with a Bentley and Mecedes:

116_0097.jpg

116_0098.jpg

116_0100.jpg

Nice truck:

116_0101.jpg

116_0102.jpg

Boy I remember the day they picked my car up. Jeff, you may want to consider getting the Canton Racing expansion tank. It is an exact replica of the plastic tank in aluminum and does not leak at the fittings. I had mine powder coated black to match the original. Ask someone to take pictures of the build. Bud did for me. Roger may be the guy.

Nice to see someone else sporting the 40th badge. I think most are keeping them in a drawer.

Don't forget the :camera:

Very excited to soon have my GT-H to be Paxton equiped. I'm doing the self lubricated Shelby/Paxton, intercooled, gauges, and GT500 dual fuel pumps. Here it is on it's way. Sharing space on the truck with a Bentley and Mecedes:

116_0097.jpg

116_0098.jpg

116_0100.jpg

Nice truck:

116_0101.jpg

116_0102.jpg

Jeff, very very nice touch for the GT-H. Using the Paxton continues the nostalgia of the 1966 GT-350H. Shelby American heavily advertised the Paxton (over the counter) for all of the early Shelbys. Keep the link going and am anxious to hear the performance gain comments. regards, Larry

Oh man, the Paxton is so sweet!!!! I would like to super charge my 07 but I don't think the Paxton is available for the 07. Is there another supercharger that will fit under the strut brace which is on the GT-H??

QSS

My understanding is that the PAXTON is available for 2007. It was the 2008 that ran into certifcation problems. Can someone comment on this?

Also, Jeff....what did it run you, cost if you dont mind.

Louis

My understanding is that the PAXTON is available for 2007. It was the 2008 that ran into certifcation problems. Can someone comment on this?

Also, Jeff....what did it run you, cost if you dont mind.

Louis

When I did my car thye Paxton was only approved for the 2006. That was several years now. It may not hurt to call SAI and check with them.

The car should be on the ground in Vegas this morning!

Congrats!

Jer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's finished today! Wish I could fly out and drive it home, but I just don't have the time right now. Guess it will be shipped home. Hopefully soon! I can't wait.!!

I'll drive it over.

Have some cookies ready, I'll be hungry after the drive.

hysterical.gif

Jer

Very cool. Have them dyno the car. Remember pictures. :drool:

But of course, it spent quite a bit of time on the dyno. Some issues with trying to get a constant idle reading with the Hot Rod Cams, but I think they got it close. I've got some changing to do when I get it home. I need to put in the cam phaser limiters so it is more tunable with these cams, I want to put a larger throttle body on, and then a custom intercooler. Then I will have it final tuned here, which will be better for the altitude anyhow. That will probably be over the winter. I want to play with it how it is for the little rest of the summer that we have. Put some runs on it now at Bandimere, and then see what difference the changes make for next summer.

Jer, I'd actually take you up on that, but the truck is already called! Sorry!! :finger::hysterical:

It's finished today! Wish I could fly out and drive it home, but I just don't have the time right now. Guess it will be shipped home. Hopefully soon! I can't wait.!!

Finished it is :)

I was looking at it today over at the Speed Shop. As Jeff mentioned it has been dyno'd but those numbers are for Jeff to post if he see's fit to do so.

It would be interesting to compare Haralds dyno results with Jeff's results. Although Jeff has more mods I'm pretty sure Harald didn't have his car dyno'd in 106 degree heat.

Steve

But of course, it spent quite a bit of time on the dyno. Some issues with trying to get a constant idle reading with the Hot Rod Cams, but I think they got it close. I've got some changing to do when I get it home. I need to put in the cam phaser limiters so it is more tunable with these cams, I want to put a larger throttle body on, and then a custom intercooler. Then I will have it final tuned here, which will be better for the altitude anyhow. That will probably be over the winter. I want to play with it how it is for the little rest of the summer that we have. Put some runs on it now at Bandimere, and then see what difference the changes make for next summer.

Jer, I'd actually take you up on that, but the truck is already called! Sorry!! :finger::hysterical:

Awesome Jeff. Ya, get away from the Vegas summer heat. Just FYI, for now I am going to do some paint correction and replace my over the top stripes with the tape. Bought an original set. Most likely after that I will repaint when they go bad. Enjoy the added power. Just be careful when it spools up becouse it will sling shot you down the road. :shift:

Finished it is :)

I was looking at it today over at the Speed Shop. As Jeff mentioned it has been dyno'd but those numbers are for Jeff to post if he see's fit to do so.

It would be interesting to compare Haralds dyno results with Jeff's results. Although Jeff has more mods I'm pretty sure Harald didn't have his car dyno'd in 106 degree heat.

Steve

Hello Steve, thanks for posting. I am as excited for Jeff as I was when I did mine. Forgot that Jeff has the cams. Sounds like his plans will make it a real monster. Ya, big difference between January and August in Vegas. Glad he got the SA speedshop Dyno. Just something else to have in the file. I know for me its not really the numbers as it is the pedegree if that makes sense.

Hello Steve, thanks for posting. I am as excited for Jeff as I was when I did mine. Forgot that Jeff has the cams. Sounds like his plans will make it a real monster. Ya, big difference between January and August in Vegas. Glad he got the SA speedshop Dyno. Just something else to have in the file. I know for me its not really the numbers as it is the pedegree if that makes sense.

It's pretty standard practice at Shelby American Motorsports to get a "baseline" dyno run when the car arrives, and another upon completion. I believe they do it every time.

Jer

I'll post the graphs once I get them. However, I'm guessing that I'll be coming in 50ish HP under what your car is making due to the heat and also the cams how they are currently. Everything I've been reading tends to show some lost HP with the Hot Rod cams and supercharging until you get everything just right. Not a big power gain with the cams, but hey, it sounds so cool, I think it's worth it. I think you can have good gains with them, but everything has to be right, heads, flow, etc. We'll see, I'll probably keep playing until I get it right and make it sound how it should! :) However, they are saying at SAM that is does run awsome! As you did Harald, I definitely wanted the Shelby badged Paxton rather than a roots style. The Pedigree and keeping the strut brace made the decision for me. I can't wait! :happy feet:

If I had a Shelby GT I would have done exactly what Jer did supercharger wise.

Come on Jeff, drive it home!! A lot of GT-H owners will be watching your posts and pictures on this mod. Adding a Paxton, installed by SAI is as good as it gets. SAI + Paxton = Value. If ever there is a legitimate mod this is it. regards, Larry

It's home..... and I'm at work. The delivery truck got held up in LA and then had tire problems, but finally picked it up in Vegas yesterday and it is at home now. At least my wife said she put it in the garage. I guess it had pretty good company in the truck. Charley Sheen's new Rolls, Escalade Limo, 890HP custom Corvette, a V8 Tiger, and a Porsche Speedster. Hopefully some fun driving tomorrow and pics!!! :shift:

It's home..... and I'm at work. The delivery truck got held up in LA and then had tire problems, but finally picked it up in Vegas yesterday and it is at home now. At least my wife said she put it in the garage. I guess it had pretty good company in the truck. Charley Sheen's new Rolls, Escalade Limo, 890HP custom Corvette, a V8 Tiger, and a Porsche Speedster. Hopefully some fun driving tomorrow and pics!!! :shift:

Congrats Jeff.

You'll love that new found power!!! :peelout::peelout::peelout:

Dan

Archived