TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Should I Take it to the Dealer?

I have been following this topic religiously, and really dread bringing the car to the dealer. I spoke with the service manager, and brought copies of the TSB's. He suggested I bring the car in Monday, and they will open it up and see what's going on. They will not order the parts ahead of time, but promised to keep the car inside the entire time. I mentioned the 5/60 powertrain warranty and he acknowledged it, but made no guarantees. I have NOT had the service performed yet.

Here's what I am experiencing with the car:

Just this week, the clutch HISS has gone away, and the clutch has seemed to lose its "grippiness". It still seems to hook well.

The chatter is now less pronounced when cold, but much worse when hot.

Second gear will almost always grind when upshifting over 4K rpms.

Clutch release is inconsistent. Travel and feel seem to change sporatically.

The synchros pass the test.

It is about to turn over 11K miles. It's a 2007.

My concern is that I may be running out of clutch soon, and will be out of warranty as well. If they decide not to cover the cost, I am screwed...been out of work too long!

Could somebody with similar experiences who have had the TSB work performed please give me a few pointers on the best way to approach this?

TIA,

Kevin

I have been following this topic religiously, and really dread bringing the car to the dealer. I spoke with the service manager, and brought copies of the TSB's. He suggested I bring the car in Monday, and they will open it up and see what's going on. They will not order the parts ahead of time, but promised to keep the car inside the entire time. I mentioned the 5/60 powertrain warranty and he acknowledged it, but made no guarantees. I have NOT had the service performed yet.

Here's what I am experiencing with the car:

Just this week, the clutch HISS has gone away, and the clutch has seemed to lose its "grippiness". It still seems to hook well.

The chatter is now less pronounced when cold, but much worse when hot.

Second gear will almost always grind when upshifting over 4K rpms.

Clutch release is inconsistent. Travel and feel seem to change sporatically.

The synchros pass the test.

It is about to turn over 11K miles. It's a 2007.

My concern is that I may be running out of clutch soon, and will be out of warranty as well. If they decide not to cover the cost, I am screwed...been out of work too long!

Could somebody with similar experiences who have had the TSB work performed please give me a few pointers on the best way to approach this?

TIA,

Kevin

KEVIN

it does sound like your a canidate for a new flywheel , yours being warped,, key word WARPED,, not bad clutch bad flywheel

Archived