TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Look what I got in the mail!

Sent my Airbag cover in to get the man to sign, had a quick turn around as I sent in on 6 July. Got my work cut out for me this weekend.

Shelby Airbag Cover 008.JPG

Shelby Airbag Cover 008.JPG

Thanks Team - I will sell the cover I pull off to replace with signed one at my cost. Let me know if your interested.

Happy Motoring :shift:

Airbag cover installed, oh, and I upgraded my intercooler tank while I was at it. Glad garage has air conditioning in these +100 degree days.

Shelby Airbag and Intercooler 010.JPG

Shelby Airbag and Intercooler 025.JPG

Shelby Airbag and Intercooler 010.JPG

Shelby Airbag and Intercooler 025.JPG

Airbag cover installed, oh, and I upgraded my intercooler tank while I was at it. Glad garage has air conditioning in these +100 degree days.

Very nice additions. They look great. But wait a minute what that very large thing I see on you intake???? Is that a NEW Kenne Bell? Wow, that looks good and I know you didn't have that at Carlisle. Lets here more about that!!

Dear fcnetter,

I'm writing to ask you to please not post such beautiful, stylish, performance crushing pictures. It is interfering with the husband's ability to stop the money pouring into a car that he swore didn't need to be touched on initial purchase. PROMISING his wife that taking the car out of stock was a dire mistake.

And yet, husband manages to justify NEEDING more horsepower, on a car that already is hookup challenged. And yet keeps toying with the beautfy of yet another Carroll signature.

If it's not one thing, it's another. And he indulges his garage mistress at the expense of family vacations. Yes yes, I understand three vacations a year should be enough. But there's always that fourth. Always.

Please refrain in the future from tantalizing my poor defenseless husband.

Thank You

KR Suffering Spouse

Ha Ha Great post! BTW, you are not alone here, my wife has uttered the same words. In fact, I had to check again to make sure this post wasn't made under my username. Maybe there is a KR Suffering Spouse Support group in the future...it has the perfect acronym ( KR SSS group).

Very nice additions. They look great. But wait a minute what that very large thing I see on you intake???? Is that a NEW Kenne Bell? Wow, that looks good and I know you didn't have that at Carlisle. Lets here more about that!!

Yeah...well...ah...Gary I did have it before Carlisle. I tried to hide it even though I did raise the hood last two days of the show. Even had Gary Patterson sign the radiator cover. More power and I did do Shelby LCA's, UCA and adjustable panhard bar as well to help with hooking up. I've got all takeoff parts to convert back if I so desire. Thanks.

Dear fcnetter,

I'm writing to ask you to please not post such beautiful, stylish, performance crushing pictures. It is interfering with the husband's ability to stop the money pouring into a car that he swore didn't need to be touched on initial purchase. PROMISING his wife that taking the car out of stock was a dire mistake.

And yet, husband manages to justify NEEDING more horsepower, on a car that already is hookup challenged. And yet keeps toying with the beautfy of yet another Carroll signature.

If it's not one thing, it's another. And he indulges his garage mistress at the expense of family vacations. Yes yes, I understand three vacations a year should be enough. But there's always that fourth. Always.

Thank You

KR Suffering Spouse

That is so funny...LOL... Must admit i did get bit by the mod bug but my better half knows my kid instincts. Made my day reading that comment thanks.

I love the airbag cover! Looks great. Was it difficult to remove? Any tips on getting it off without damaging anything? Thanks.

I love the airbag cover! Looks great. Was it difficult to remove? Any tips on getting it off without damaging anything? Thanks.

No problems R&Ring airbag cover. Grabber has a thread on here that gives a lot of detail. I disconnected both battery terminals and waited 15 minutes before I started removal process. Took me 45 minutes. No problems.

Dear fcnetter,

Thank You

KR Suffering Spouse

:hysterical:

Great post.

Fc,

Really really nice.

Dying to know:

-did you install a one piece drive shaft?

-a loop for the drive shaft?

-any idea the hp now?

-stock brakes?

-stock clutch?

-stock heat exchanger?

I've been wanting to get that airbag for some time now. I'm in Penang, Malaysia, right now, and might just go to the website and buy it. Not sure if I take off the original and send it to them or they send you a new one signed. I'll have to look.

I always wanted to limit money purchases to hp and cornering. But there are some items that SAI offers that are too nice to ignore. I've done the expensive one with the coil covers. Wife didn't like that...saying I put something onto the car you can't even see. She doesn't get it, obviously. And other peripheral ones like fuse box cover, sill plates (very nice touch), and the metal inserts that I think txcobra posted for the sill plates. Finishes it off very nicely for $30.00 or so. Brake fluid cap. That's all I can think of on the bling. The rest has been for performance, though.

That is a really nice setup. I too have kept all the stock parts.

I just checked the shelby store. Couldn't find the airbag cover. Link?

Well done sir!

Hey man, hope Penang is treating you well. I was there not too long ago myself.

For the airbag cover, Shelby does not sell them. You need to pull yours and send it in or order a new one from your local dealer or any parts dealer and send it in. Forthe donation to carroll's childrens fund (I think it's $250 for car parts) he will sign and return. Hope that helps. Travel safely.

Thanks Tex!

Do I call Wendy on my return to get the address and so on?

Penang is Penang. Heat and jungle. Don't know where you stayed, but I am at the Hotel Equatorial. Nice enough hotel. But it is remote. A 20 minute cab ride to Georgetown for a beer.

Speaking of beer, the beer here in the pacrim is terrible. From what I understand, they use fomaldihide (spelling?) as the preservative. Beer tastes terrible. Beer in Europe is an obvious no brainer. A suprising continent of good beer is South America. Flew there for 10 years exclusively. A lot of european (and Nazi) immigration there. The beer is seriously good. Take Brazil for example. Besides the women (married one) being the tops, the beer has no preservatives. Delivered daily. Delivered warm. Stored warm. When they tap the keg, there is about 30 feet of refridgerated line between the keg and your glass. It gets cold in the line travel. And boy is that good beer! Fresh from the farm!

Thread creep. Solly!

That dash plaque is super nice. I think I'm gonna do it. I'll have to look for Grabbers thread on pulling it off.

Namaste.

That's perfect. Thanks for taking the time TX. I'll note the csm # needs to be specified.

Where do you stay in Columbia? Bogota? We stay at the La Fontana there. Very nice hotel. Park 93 is a great place to see and be seen. Blinders on. There is a lot of temptation in Columbia. And those girls play for keeps!

Fc,

Really really nice.

Dying to know:

-did you install a one piece drive shaft? DSS 3.5" 1-Piece D/S

-a loop for the drive shaft? Yes BMR front loop

-any idea the hp now? 706 RWHP/611 lbs Torque on dyno with Jon Lund tune

-stock brakes? Shelby Extreme 6-piston fronts and Shelby Eradispeed+2 rears with MPG Shelby caliper covers

-stock clutch? Yes - Clutch good at almost 12K

-stock heat exchanger? Shelby radiator with AFCO dual pass fan Reische 170deg thermostat

I've been wanting to get that airbag for some time now. I'm in Penang, Malaysia, right now, and might just go to the website and buy it. Not sure if I take off the original and send it to them or they send you a new one signed. I'll have to look.

I always wanted to limit money purchases to hp and cornering. But there are some items that SAI offers that are too nice to ignore. I've done the expensive one with the coil covers. Wife didn't like that...saying I put something onto the car you can't even see. She doesn't get it, obviously. And other peripheral ones like fuse box cover, sill plates (very nice touch), and the metal inserts that I think txcobra posted for the sill plates. Finishes it off very nicely for $30.00 or so. Brake fluid cap. That's all I can think of on the bling. The rest has been for performance, though.

That is a really nice setup. I too have kept all the stock parts.

I just checked the shelby store. Couldn't find the airbag cover. Link?

Well done sir!

Thanks - She's a joy to drive

Thanks Tex!

Do I call Wendy on my return to get the address and so on?

Penang is Penang. Heat and jungle. Don't know where you stayed, but I am at the Hotel Equatorial. Nice enough hotel. But it is remote. A 20 minute cab ride to Georgetown for a beer.

Speaking of beer, the beer here in the pacrim is terrible. From what I understand, they use fomaldihide (spelling?) as the preservative. Beer tastes terrible. Beer in Europe is an obvious no brainer. A suprising continent of good beer is South America. Flew there for 10 years exclusively. A lot of european (and Nazi) immigration there. The beer is seriously good. Take Brazil for example. Besides the women (married one) being the tops, the beer has no preservatives. Delivered daily. Delivered warm. Stored warm. When they tap the keg, there is about 30 feet of refridgerated line between the keg and your glass. It gets cold in the line travel. And boy is that good beer! Fresh from the farm!

Thread creep. Solly!

That dash plaque is super nice. I think I'm gonna do it. I'll have to look for Grabbers thread on pulling it off.

Namaste.

Steve - Here are some pic's of brake upgrades on the KR.

Car and Carrots Pictures 3-26-11 013.JPG

DSC02489.JPG

Shelby Brakes 3-26-11 009.JPG

Car and Carrots Pictures 3-26-11 013.JPG

DSC02489.JPG

Shelby Brakes 3-26-11 009.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks - She's a joy to drive

Nice Job Fred the cover looks great

Did you ever dyno it after removing the air bubble i am curious to see how she does now that she is running at a little lower temp...

Hope to see you on the road soon so we can have both of them side by side , people will think they are seeing double.. :peelout::peelout:

One thing I did not notice before

You" 09KR0453"

ME "09KR0457"

Tim

Nice Job Fred the cover looks great

Did you ever dyno it after removing the air bubble i am curious to see how she does now that she is running at a little lower temp...

Hope to see you on the road soon so we can have both of them side by side , people will think they are seeing double.. :peelout::peelout:

One thing I did not notice before

You" 09KR0453"

ME "09KR0457"

Tim

Tim - I haven't done the dyno run yet to check WOT rating, we're doing the beach thing this week. I'll wait for cooler weather.

I'm already seeing double :happy feet: :happy feet:

That is amazing our CSM's are so close in our locale :doh:

Archived