TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New owner looking for ...

dsoblo

I bought a 2007 Shelby GT a couple months ago with about 12,000 miles on it. Is my local Ford dealership in Columbia SC a reasonable place to take it for routine maintenance? Second are there any recommendations for paint / body shops to redo / paint spotting strips, again in the Columbia SC area? thanks

I bought a 2007 Shelby GT a couple months ago with about 12,000 miles on it. Is my local Ford dealership in Columbia SC a reasonable place to take it for routine maintenance? Second are there any recommendations for paint / body shops to redo / paint spotting strips, again in the Columbia SC area? thanks

No idea who your dealer is or what reputation they have. I'd just look into them in general and make a call. Some people refuse to go to a dealer, or like me, won't go anywhere else. So it's up to you! I'd say same with the stripes.

Your best bet may be to post this in the local SC area owner forum and see if you get a better response there.

Good luck and enjoy your ride.

First congrats on your purchase. You have a great car that will bring smiles to your face and those that know it and see it.

Second, don't forget to register yourself as the new owner if you haven't done it yet.

Third, I have been going to the local dealership for maint. and they have been great. It just depends on how yours treats it's

customers. Hopefully someone in the area can give you a good lead on that and the stripe/paint fixes many of us have had to go through.

Again welcome to the forum.

CC

Welcome to the SGT family and welcome to Team Shelby. Like said above it's a crap shoot to find a good dealer. Also, as stated above, please take the time to register your Shelby, you can do so by following the link in my signature. If your car has been previously registered feel free to email me ( link also in signature) as the update button is broken. I can have it entered manually. Again welcome to the family.

Welcome to the SGT family and welcome to Team Shelby. Like said above it's a crap shoot to find a good dealer. Also, as stated above, please take the time to register your Shelby, you can do so by following the link in my signature. If your car has been previously registered feel free to email me ( link also in signature) as the update button is broken. I can have it entered manually. Again welcome to the family.

I believe I already registered in May. My "CSM No. 07SGT3721". I have not seen any previous history except some loan info. that was on the Carfax report. The car is great! It is a real pleasure to have. Thank you for the advice.

Archived