TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Took my car to the dragstrip tonight....but

:reading: You know that's a doctored time slip picture Warren!! :hysterical2: It's just not possible! :tease:

:idea: Maybe you weren't completely lying in the other thread!

Luv ya brother!! Now to see if you will truely receive the apologies that were promised. :sing_rain:

:reading: You know that's a doctored time slip picture Warren!! :hysterical2: It's just not possible! :tease:

:idea: Maybe you weren't completely lying in the other thread!

Luv ya brother!! Now to see if you will truely receive the apologies that were promised. :sing_rain:

Yeah and his clutch is still slipping and he missed a shift here too right? Haha ;@)

Man, I let someone else drive it, and they went sideways in third. Scared the hell out of them! Then I got in it and it did the same thing to me...so it got worse as the evening progressed. I had a set of DRs I was gonna borrow, but they didnt fit over the brakes, so now Im gonna have to pony up and buy a set of wheels and tires.

I will say this- It is definitely harder than you think its going to be. I expected better numbers, but one time I completely stalled, then another time I sat at the line and spun....it was frustrating to say the least. I have a lot of learning to do in this car, and when it cools off, I will spend much more time out there, but its just too dang hot for any of this.

You guys in the north wait for summer to drive, and down here in the south, I wait for summer to be over to drive!:hysterical:

Man, I let someone else drive it, and they went sideways in third. Scared the hell out of them! Then I got in it and it did the same thing to me...so it got worse as the evening progressed. I had a set of DRs I was gonna borrow, but they didnt fit over the brakes, so now Im gonna have to pony up and buy a set of wheels and tires.

I will say this- It is definitely harder than you think its going to be. I expected better numbers, but one time I completely stalled, then another time I sat at the line and spun....it was frustrating to say the least. I have a lot of learning to do in this car, and when it cools off, I will spend much more time out there, but its just too dang hot for any of this.

You guys in the north wait for summer to drive, and down here in the south, I wait for summer to be over to drive!:hysterical:

That's cool...I got beat by a stock Challenger from a stop once...guy took off...I spun haha happens...

You'll get better all of a sudden and be ripping it up has been my experience...I leave at just about Idle from the line, no water on burnout at all.

I would cringe if someone went sideways in mine at 3rd...;@)

Awesome Warren!! That car is cool and you driving it at tg strip is even cooler...Rock On!!!

Randy, I dropped the pressure to 25 psi, and then we tried dropping down to 18 psi and starting out in 2nd. My tires are just not good for that though...hopefully, MT has their 19" DRs ready to ship!!happy%20feet.gif

post-11131-0-88886400-1311222623_thumb.jpg

temperature sucked...95 at this time...70% humidity, and the track was really slick due to rain earlier.

Anyways...:finger:

Congrats Warren,

On finally posting a time slip and your trap speed of 129. I would like to take this oportunity ; like I said I would ; to apoligize for wanting that proof of your run and a time slip. Since now you have officially posted a time slip providing " The Proof " that you stated your cars trap speed was in your other post and to clear the air.

When it comes down to racing or drag racing in this case it is all about the time slips and proving that your car does what you purport it does. I was not trying to publicly embarrass you as you have claimed. However, you took it personally in the previous thread and the comments on both sides spiraled out of control and for this I am sorry.

I wish you the best of luck at getting your car dialed in and in to the 11 second bracket and hopefully the 10's. It would be great to see those results from a GT350. :rockon:

Scotty g.

So now that we have slips posted we are stronger as Team Shelby as we can all back our experiences with data now...;@) Thanks Warren!

Scotty he is actually on it now....;@)

Warren what do you have for rubber under tht beast?

Congrats Warren,

On finally posting a time slip and your trap speed of 129. I would like to take this oportunity ; like I said I would ; to apoligize for wanting that proof of your run and a time slip. Since now you have officially posted a time slip providing " The Proof " that you stated your cars trap speed was in your other post and to clear the air.

When it comes down to racing or drag racing in this case it is all about the time slips and proving that your car does what you purport it does. I was not trying to publicly embarrass you as you have claimed. However, you took it personally in the previous thread and the comments on both sides spiraled out of control and for this I am sorry.

I wish you the best of luck at getting your car dialed in and in to the 11 second bracket and hopefully the 10's. It would be great to see those results from a GT350. :rockon:

Scotty g.

Thank you for everything you said Scott, thats probably the best olive branch post I have ever recieved online. No doubt it got very personal, and at some point, backing down made me feel like it would look like I wasnt trying to be completely honest. I know that discussions of time and power need to have data to support claims now. At the time, it never crossed my mind that it would be questioned, but all that aside, Im just glad I didnt go out there and lay a complete turd or break the car.

Im sorry I didnt just back down, and thefrustration of my clutch and then engine codes made it impossible to just go right back out and do it again, which really made me mad. I took our thread in the wrong direction, when I should have taken it offline from the first emotional post. For that I apologize, and I hope everyone gets a little lesson from us on how NOT to handle a thread that crosses them or inspires emotional response. Its far too easy to lob personal shots when it isnt a face to face discussion. Im guilty of that here, and I think we all could do with a reset button and lock on computers after a scotch or two (in my case).:shoppingcart_:

So now that we have slips posted we are stronger as Team Shelby as we can all back our experiences with data now...;@) Thanks Warren!

Scotty he is actually on it now....;@)

Warren what do you have for rubber under tht beast?

I have the stock 265 Goodyear F1 Gen 2 tires that come stock on the cragars. (19") They were better new, but alas with 4500 miles and many of them on road courses, they are pretty shot....its time for new tires.

Thank you for everything you said Scott, thats probably the best olive branch post I have ever recieved online. No doubt it got very personal, and at some point, backing down made me feel like it would look like I wasnt trying to be completely honest. I know that discussions of time and power need to have data to support claims now. At the time, it never crossed my mind that it would be questioned, but all that aside, Im just glad I didnt go out there and lay a complete turd or break the car.

Im sorry I didnt just back down, and thefrustration of my clutch and then engine codes made it impossible to just go right back out and do it again, which really made me mad. I took our thread in the wrong direction, when I should have taken it offline from the first emotional post. For that I apologize, and I hope everyone gets a little lesson from us on how NOT to handle a thread that crosses them or inspires emotional response. Its far too easy to lob personal shots when it isnt a face to face discussion. Im guilty of that here, and I think we all could do with a reset button and lock on computers after a scotch or two (in my case).:shoppingcart_:

Warren,

I am glad that we can clear the air and move forward in a positive way and I already had my scotch or two since then so you need to catch up. :happy feet:

On a serious note, thank you guys. :salute:

No problem !!! It was just a sand box incident that got blown out of text. :slapfight: We are all good on this end and I am sure Warren feels the same. :yup:

Scotty

Archived