TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SVT PP wheels

wanted2b

My wheels are not the svt pp wheels but I have the 2010 coupe wheels,which also come on the newer non svt pp cars and I have always used bounty paper towels and windex...I know it's funny but it's quick, easy and gives a flawless shine every time....I've also used this method on other wheels such as polished aluminum and chrome and have had always great results ... Don't knock it till ya try it.....

Spray detailer is a great non-evasive way of removing brake dust. I

f this won't work, you are waiting way too long to clean you wheels. That stuff gets baked on overtime.

I picked up a microfiber tire cleaner from Walmart for $5 or $6. It is like a handled brush but instead of wires it is a sponge with a hard "middle" wrapped in microfiber and it works amazingly with my normal soap and water. It still takes time but much better than using normal rags and drying them is still a pain.

If you are looking for a spray on spray off solution and find one that works I'd love to hear of it.

I use Mother's Wheel & Tire Cleaner - for painted wheels. Be careful to not use the sister products made for chrome or machined finishes which are much more caustic and will ruin the finish. The version for painted wheels is specifically formulated to not damage the clear.

All it takes is a liberal spraying-on, waiting 30-seconds or a minute, and a good hosing-off. I personally use one of those "As Seen On TV" faux power washer attachments made for garden hoses which, in this case, is ideal because it provides a concentrated stream of rinse water, but nothing NEARLY as strong as an actual power washer or strong enough to cause damage. I usually find 2-3 minutes of follow-up with an Armor-All Cleaning Wipe and microfiber work just dandy.

It's certainly something I wish the person from whom I bought an additional set of new pull-off SVTPP wheels and tires had done before shipping them off. The extra 10 minutes would've been welcome. Even the 50-or-so miles created enough dust and filth to become irksome once I had to actually handle them.

Thanks to you all for the information. The members on this TS site are the best. I was going to change out the wheels after I got the car, but everyone says that's one of the things that make the car, are the wheels.

Thanks again

Archived