TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 GT350 - Ready to Order

Ready to Order the Base Car 2012 in Performance White from a Dealer that is close by the Shelby Plant. Q: what options on the base car does anyone suggest prior to drop shipping to Shelby for the conversion? Is the Electronics package worth it? Once at Shelby, what conversion options are suggested?

Thanks you Snakers!

Ready to Order the Base Car 2012 in Performance White from a Dealer that is close by the Shelby Plant. Q: what options on the base car does anyone suggest prior to drop shipping to Shelby for the conversion? Is the Electronics package worth it? Once at Shelby, what conversion options are suggested?

Thanks you Snakers!

I went through the same thing you are going through a few months ago. While I got a lot of good opinions from guys on here, I think it's best to go out to Vegas and see the options for yourself. Steve Mansell spent about 2 hours with me showing me around and I was able to see every option available.

Options I knew I wanted before my visit to Shelby:

624 hp polished...I don't care about the warranty, or lack there of.

...that's it.

Options I knew i needed after my visit:

Full painted stripes with GT350 logo on hood. 5k is a lot of coin, but I think the vinyl looks like shit in person.

upgraded brakes...don't need them, but they look cool!

interior upgrade

cooling package, don't need it either, but it also looks cool.

Options from Ford;

HID lights...I hear they are cool.

Nav/Elec. package....I sold my C6 vette a year ago and everyone that called on it asked if I had the Nav. I'm personally not going to use it, but everyone else seems to want it. Good for resale I guess.

Buy a ticket to LAS and go see for yourself. It's the only way.

I went through the same thing you are going through a few months ago. While I got a lot of good opinions from guys on here, I think it's best to go out to Vegas and see the options for yourself. Steve Mansell spent about 2 hours with me showing me around and I was able to see every option available.

Options I knew I wanted before my visit to Shelby:

624 hp polished...I don't care about the warranty, or lack there of.

...that's it.

Options I knew i needed after my visit:

Full painted stripes with GT350 logo on hood. 5k is a lot of coin, but I think the vinyl looks like shit in person.

upgraded brakes...don't need them, but they look cool!

interior upgrade

cooling package, don't need it either, but it also looks cool.

Options from Ford;

HID lights...I hear they are cool.

Nav/Elec. package....I sold my C6 vette a year ago and everyone that called on it asked if I had the Nav. I'm personally not going to use it, but everyone else seems to want it. Good for resale I guess.

Buy a ticket to LAS and go see for yourself. It's the only way.

THANKS FOR THE ADVISE! IT CHANGED MY WHOLE APPROACH!

Thanks you Snakers!

My car has...

525HP Polished S/C

Cooling System

Leather Upgrade Interior

Painted Stripes

If I had to pick just one, I would go with the painted stripes. The car deserves more than vinyl stripes to me. I mean, you will always be looking at it and polishing on it. Unless you intend on racing, the other stuff may not matter much in reality, but you will always be looking at it and admiring it every chance you get.

I love all my options, but the painted stripes are really much nicer than vinyl.

My car has...

525HP Polished S/C

Cooling System

Leather Upgrade Interior

Painted Stripes

If I had to pick just one, I would go with the painted stripes. The car deserves more than vinyl stripes to me. I mean, you will always be looking at it and polishing on it. Unless you intend on racing, the other stuff may not matter much in reality, but you will always be looking at it and admiring it every chance you get.

I love all my options, but the painted stripes are really much nicer than vinyl.

Thanks, appreciate it! What color coupe did you go for? Are you happy with it, for I was also considering the Roush RS3!

Michael,

Don't short change yourself with the base car. You'll enjoy it more with the extra options like Nav and HID. If you ever want to sell it, which will be unlikely once you get it, those things help with the resale as well.

As far as the 350 package goes, I'll defer to those who got the S/C cars as far as to which S/C to get; I went with a N/A version and really love it. However, I'm REALLY glad I got the painted stripes...give that some serious thought. You can also see from my sig picture that I went with the vintage look and kept the hood stripes without the 350 logo...again, just a matter of personal taste.

John

Michael,

Don't short change yourself with the base car. You'll enjoy it more with the extra options like Nav and HID. If you ever want to sell it, which will be unlikely once you get it, those things help with the resale as well.

As far as the 350 package goes, I'll defer to those who got the S/C cars as far as to which S/C to get; I went with a N/A version and really love it. However, I'm REALLY glad I got the painted stripes...give that some serious thought. You can also see from my sig picture that I went with the vintage look and kept the hood stripes without the 350 logo...again, just a matter of personal taste.

John

Thanks, John, it’s a beauty! How does it perform?

Thanks you Snakers!

MD

Welcome to the Team Shelby forums, glad you found us. There has been much good advice post already and the only thing I can add is for you to check out the Build One feature on the Shelby American website. This Build One website feature lets you really get to know the Shelby options available and show not only how these options look but how they affect the price.

http://shelbyamerican.com/buildone/2012gt350-exterior.asp

Steve

MD

Welcome to the Team Shelby forums, glad you found us. There has been much good advice post already and the only thing I can add is for you to check out the Build One feature on the Shelby American website. This Build One website feature lets you really get to know the Shelby options available and show not only how these options look but how they affect the price.

http://shelbyamerican.com/buildone/2012gt350-exterior.asp

Steve

Thanks Steve, I am familiar with it. A couple of questions: Are the stock louver side windows replaced as part of the build, for I see some cars with the original side windows? (2) Short-throw shifter part of the build or an option?

Thanks - MD

Thanks, John, it's a beauty! How does it perform?

Phenomenal! I have the luxury of both nice freeways and back country roads in my area...she tames them both. I'm not a particularly hard driver, but on those rare occasions when I get the urge, it's awesome.

John

Welcome! I went with the 624HP, museum, painted full stripes w/ logo on hood.

I think the kicker upgrade is worthless. I wasted money on that on my gt500 and regretted it. If you want great sounds, just get the shaker upgrade from Ford.

The interior is a nice touch, but Im more than happy with the 400A interior package from Ford as well. If I had to do over, I would have gone with the Navigation, but didnt because I wondered if it would have been completely pointless in 25 years, like cassette decks or 8 tracks of 25 years ago. I got the HIDs, and I love it.

After the fact, I would have had the rear brake upgrade and cooling package, just for the looks of it. I have already added the cooling package, and will do the rear brakes when I get a chance.

Good luck, and feel free to ask us or bounce ideas off of us. More than likely, we have already had the same thoughts or questions!!

Welcome! I went with the 624HP, museum, painted full stripes w/ logo on hood.

I think the kicker upgrade is worthless. I wasted money on that on my gt500 and regretted it. If you want great sounds, just get the shaker upgrade from Ford.

The interior is a nice touch, but Im more than happy with the 400A interior package from Ford as well. If I had to do over, I would have gone with the Navigation, but didnt because I wondered if it would have been completely pointless in 25 years, like cassette decks or 8 tracks of 25 years ago. I got the HIDs, and I love it.

After the fact, I would have had the rear brake upgrade and cooling package, just for the looks of it. I have already added the cooling package, and will do the rear brakes when I get a chance.

Good luck, and feel free to ask us or bounce ideas off of us. More than likely, we have already had the same thoughts or questions!!

Interesting! Why did you go for the increase in H/P? I was concerned about the negligible difference in performance verses the lack of warranty! Museum delivery I heard is a nice touch also! Nav, HID, comfort package seems the way to go. On the brake upgrades, costly!

Thanks

After reading a post today and hearing that the vinyl stripes "look like shit", are there any 2011 350 owners that disagree with that? I have a 2012 GT 350 with vinyl stripes in the works at Shelby right now. I have a GT 500 ( Kona blue with silver stripes) with taped stripes and it looks pretty good! I understand that painted stripes are preferable but any input would be great. Thanks!

Yo

624 black

Painted stripes no logo

Cooling

Back brakes

400a

Nav

Hid

Electronics

To me, the painted stripes are just the way a car of this magnitude should be. No question. The 400a was a must as well as nav and electronics. I love gadgets and I have regretted not ordering the base car without them. Hid's are a must if you like to drive fast killing bugs at night. :shift:

Congrats and enjoy the wait - might be a while. Oh and btw, not boss dissing. :hysterical:

After reading a post today and hearing that the vinyl stripes "look like shit", are there any 2011 350 owners that disagree with that? I have a 2012 GT 350 with vinyl stripes in the works at Shelby right now. I have a GT 500 ( Kona blue with silver stripes) with taped stripes and it looks pretty good! I understand that painted stripes are preferable but any input would be great. Thanks!

I was going to order mine with the “tape” however, all the input of have received suggests otherwise! In fact, one person said, if you are going to get any accessory, make it the painted stripes with the GT logo on the hood! Apparently, he went out their to look at the options during the build of his car, and he said that the “tape” is awful compared to the painted ones!

Thanks you Snakers!

I went with the 525 polished HP. Shelby interior, Rear brake package, Watts link, Painted stripes, Updated cooling system.

I'm happy happy%20feet.gifwith all my choices here are some pics.

PowerPlant.jpgDriverseat.jpgDriverInterior.jpg

Dont take the stripe comments wrong- it isnt that Shelby does a bad job doing the vinyl stripes, its that most of us already went through the pains of having vinyl stripes since most own or have owned a gt500. They arent going to last, and keeping them from getting rok chips and scratches is hard to do. You cant buff them out on vinyl like paint, and then they start peeling, and the wax build up....

Also, the Guardsman blue has a lot of metal speck which looks REALLY great painted- you cant get that same look with a vinyl decal. It was my main beef with my GT500 exterior design-wise.

The 624HP- is it worth it...hmmm. I dont regret it one little bit, but I think that is where you get into personal preference and HP experience. My GT500 had about the same HP as what I have in my GT350 now, so I wanted to make sure I didnt put myself in a situation that I regretted not going with the most HP possible.

Dont take the stripe comments wrong- it isnt that Shelby does a bad job doing the vinyl stripes, its that most of us already went through the pains of having vinyl stripes since most own or have owned a gt500. They arent going to last, and keeping them from getting rok chips and scratches is hard to do. You cant buff them out on vinyl like paint, and then they start peeling, and the wax build up....

Also, the Guardsman blue has a lot of metal speck which looks REALLY great painted- you cant get that same look with a vinyl decal. It was my main beef with my GT500 exterior design-wise.

The 624HP- is it worth it...hmmm. I dont regret it one little bit, but I think that is where you get into personal preference and HP experience. My GT500 had about the same HP as what I have in my GT350 now, so I wanted to make sure I didnt put myself in a situation that I regretted not going with the most HP possible.

Thanks, understood! Appreciate all the input! Car is awesome!

I went with the 525 polished HP. Shelby interior, Rear brake package, Watts link, Painted stripes, Updated cooling system.

I'm happy happy%20feet.gifwith all my choices here are some pics.

PowerPlant.jpgDriverseat.jpgDriverInterior.jpg

Thanks - I see a few photos of other 2012 GT350’s with a cue-ball shift knob, and others, like yours with the standard stock shifter. Please explain!

Thanks - I see a few photos of other 2012 GT350's with a cue-ball shift knob, and others, like yours with the standard stock shifter. Please explain!

Cue-ball shifter was not available when I received my car. If it was… I would have definitely opted for it.

My car has...

525HP Polished S/C

Cooling System

Leather Upgrade Interior

Painted Stripes

You pulled the trigger, eh?

Archived