TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Shelby Cobra

Snake Pit

The shaker sound system, does anyone know if there is an upgrade to the filmware so the sound system will reconise the artist and title. I have had the cd replaced and it still does not reconise the artist or tract of song. I have tried it in another car and same thing happens. Does anybody have any susgestions?

I have not come across anything that you have mentioned in my two years around the forum. The player reads the CD text (recorded on the CD during manufacturing process) as far as I can tell. Not sure about the Nav equipped cars. The other way to get your song titles/artists to appear in the display screen is the use the usb port to plug in a flash drive with Mp3's on them. The MP3's would have all the info tagged into them and your shaker unit would read and display them.

I have not come across anything that you have mentioned in my two years around the forum. The player reads the CD text (recorded on the CD during manufacturing process) as far as I can tell. Not sure about the Nav equipped cars. The other way to get your song titles/artists to appear in the display screen is the use the usb port to plug in a flash drive with Mp3's on them. The MP3's would have all the info tagged into them and your shaker unit would read and display them.

I checked with Ford dealership and they said it was the way the cd was formatted and they could not do anything and there are no updates for the sound system.

Kind of figured that. All you could do...if you really want to have the titles appear, is record the CD's onto blank CD's with a program that allows you to fill in the CD TEXT. That way the info would be on the CD and it would show up for you.

The shaker sound system, does anyone know if there is an upgrade to the filmware so the sound system will reconise the artist and title. I have had the cd replaced and it still does not reconise the artist or tract of song. I have tried it in another car and same thing happens. Does anybody have any susgestions?

Hi. I ahve been trying to find out who manufactures the "shaker" sound system and someone advise Visteon who advise they do not.

Does anyobe know who is the manufacturer is as even Ford dealers cannot help. I have tecnical question for tuning outside of USA.

Archived