TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Value of 427

I would not sell in this market or any other market.. Remember how special this event was and how cool it was being part of it. The 427 race was a huge success and these 427 cars represents how special this event was. The first generation Shelby people never had this opportunity, and very few Shelby people today had the chance to do what we experienced. You were part of the first and maybe never again see another NASCAR Sprint Cup Shelby 427. How about that breakfast in the Shelby Cafe, wasn't that a great way to start things off meeting TS members and SAI staff.

Don

Jim, I remember your 427 from Carlisle. She is pristine but I tend to agree that in the current market maybe as high as 67K if you found that right buyer.

Are you looking for a replacement?

Thanks Andy, I recall chatting with you.

Thanks for the input guys. I think your comments are right in some respects. But, this car has the same SS# and 427 number. Has all options and from what I have seen with past sales, I think I can achieve a higher price.

Yes Andy, toying with the idea of buying a GT350 Vert or a 2012 GT500 Vert and option with the 800 HP mega Snake Eater blower! And if the Ford whispers are right, the 2013 650HP plus GT500 might be an option. Don't get me wrong, I love this car, the power is amazing, but I like to dabble in just about everything and that's my problem! And as I get up in age (57 now), life is too short and keeping one car for a long time like I used to is not my way of thinking now. I would love to option a Grabber Blue Vert / white strip package, with the 800 HP option. And Robert told me there is a 900 HP Super Snake option in the works! They may discontinue Grabber Blue, but a Shelby in any color looks great IMO.

Jim

I would not sell in this market or any other market.. Remember how special this event was and how cool it was being part of it. The 427 race was a huge success and these 427 cars represents how special this event was. The first generation Shelby people never had this opportunity, and very few Shelby people today had the chance to do what we experienced. You were part of the first and maybe never again see another NASCAR Sprint Cup Shelby 427. How about that breakfast in the Shelby Cafe, wasn't that a great way to start things off meeting TS members and SAI staff.

Don

Don,

Now you have my attention. Great points that reveals just how rare these cars are. I doubt Shelby will ever build a 427 car again. Makes the car very special.

Thanks,

Jim

You have one of the only "new generation" Shelby cars that is worth keeping for the long term. Most of the others will just fall in value---might think twice about selling I sure would!!

You have one of the only "new generation" Shelby cars that is worth keeping for the long term. Most of the others will just fall in value---might think twice about selling I sure would!!

I was told that they only made 201 427's

I own a 07 GT 500 SS 427 Red convertible and I'm keeping mine!

Thanks for the input guys. I think your comments are right in some respects. But, this car has the same SS# and 427 number. Has all options and from what I have seen with past sales, I think I can achieve a higher price.

Yes Andy, toying with the idea of buying a GT350 Vert or a 2012 GT500 Vert and option with the 800 HP mega Snake Eater blower! And if the Ford whispers are right, the 2013 650HP plus GT500 might be an option. Don't get me wrong, I love this car, the power is amazing, but I like to dabble in just about everything and that's my problem! And as I get up in age (57 now), life is too short and keeping one car for a long time like I used to is not my way of thinking now. I would love to option a Grabber Blue Vert / white strip package, with the 800 HP option. And Robert told me there is a 900 HP Super Snake option in the works! They may discontinue Grabber Blue, but a Shelby in any color looks great IMO.

Jim

Jim,

With all the options and the matching numbers you should be able to get a premium for it. Hoping you get the buyer that has to have it.

I don't blame you at all though on the replacement. You can't take 'em with you so get what makes you happy now. And I have a sneaking feeling that if the rumors of a 650HP 2013 GT500 are true than a 1000HP 2013 HP SS package will appear. Just a feeling but certainly VERY possible when starting with a 650HP base car. Those GT350 verts are also beautiful. In fact Roger and I are going to have a conversation about a kona blue 350 vert shortly.

Good luck!!

Andy

I agree 100%. The 2013 GT500 could very well be a special built, because It's all speculation and my opinion will be the last Ford built GT500. Now question is, what will Jim do with his 427 Super Snake? :headscratch:

Archived