TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shipping Take-off parts from SAI?

Getting ready to arrange my take-off parts shipment and wanted to get an idea what others had done... and what it had cost?

Naturally, there's the obvious choices of FedEX and UPS, but any others?

Thanks,

Keith

Look into a freight broker to find you a shipper. I paid about $600 to get my parts home. They are all pack on a pallet and plastic wrapped. I do hope you stripped the car of the long stuff ie rocker panels and front splitter as those will get absolutly torn up in the process.

Also, if you can ship it to somewhere with a loading dock or forklift for taking off the truck it will be a bit cheaper. I shipped it to a friends auto repair shop who had a fork lift and then just tore the pallet down to fit the bed of the pick up.

Look into a freight broker to find you a shipper. I paid about $600 to get my parts home. They are all pack on a pallet and plastic wrapped. I do hope you stripped the car of the long stuff ie rocker panels and front splitter as those will get absolutly torn up in the process.

Also, if you can ship it to somewhere with a loading dock or forklift for taking off the truck it will be a bit cheaper. I shipped it to a friends auto repair shop who had a fork lift and then just tore the pallet down to fit the bed of the pick up.

Thanks Sherri, that's all good stuff to know. I thought about getting the long parts while I was there and driving back with them, but I had other stuff in the car too.

When I lived in the States I used yellow Freight all the time to ship engines. I used to ask for the "yes" discount (being 7 years ago this may no longer be around) Best price was to drop at a yellow Freight depot and also collect on your end at the depot. Another surprising method is greyhound!! they do freight shipments. Peter

When I lived in the States I used yellow Freight all the time to ship engines. I used to ask for the "yes" discount (being 7 years ago this may no longer be around) Best price was to drop at a yellow Freight depot and also collect on your end at the depot. Another surprising method is greyhound!! they do freight shipments. Peter

Thanks Peter... sounds interesting, still exploring options.

Went with Yellow-Roadway Corp (YRC) via FreightCenter.com for $636 to include insurance and 5-day shipping to residential delivery. Much better price than the big boys, but we'll see how it gets "handled" in the process. Package should arrive mid next week.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Expected delivery was 28 July. Arrived in local area late on Friday, 29th, so delivery was on Monday 1 Aug.

Original wheels arrived with a bit of scuffing on the center high points... would have like to see some extra care in packaging from SAI on those. Anyone know if these wheels can be refurbed?

Also, package did not have the original SHELBY letters... did anyone else get those back? I suppose they might not have survived the removal process, but sure thought I'd get those back.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Archived