TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3 GT350's on Ebay

• 2 weeks later...

A new listing the guy has a buy it now price at $100,000, umm, do you think everyone is dumb :censored:

I will sell you my GT350 for $99,999.00 and since you’re in Ft Lauderdale I will personally gift wrap it and deliver it to your door.:hysterical:

Problem is, someone IS dumb. They fish because every once in a while, a fool and his money part.:hysterical:

I have talked to all 3 they all say they will take 95k

I was thinking more like 80k to 85k would this be reasonable or do you guys think that is to much

Cheers

Neil

As much as I absolutely adore these new GT350's... I just can't get over the price tag on them....

Don't get me wrong, all the power to those of you who can afford to spend close to 100 grand on these beautiful pieces of ass kicking art.

I just wish they were priced more reasonably... in my opinion, 75 grand seems like more of a fair amount for one of these cars.

Who knows... maybe I'm just jealous of all of you who can afford these amazing GT350's.

100 grand seems a little outrageous.

As much as I absolutely adore these new GT350's... I just can't get over the price tag on them....

Don't get me wrong, all the power to those of you who can afford to spend close to 100 grand on these beautiful pieces of ass kicking art.

I just wish they were priced more reasonably... in my opinion, 75 grand seems like more of a fair amount for one of these cars.

Who knows... maybe I'm just jealous of all of you who can afford these amazing GT350's.

I got most options and will be in for 75k. These people on eBay are trying to make money.

The guy in Colorado is trying to get someone to pay, he wanted $200,000 when he 1st posted it a few months ago, then went down to $150,000. now its $100,000

In a year or two, they will have reasonable prices on ebay, especially if they are dealers trying to get rid of them. I remember a GT500KR at a dealer near me wanted $90,000 for it, and it sat for almost a year, i think they sold it for $55,000/60,000

I have talked to all 3 they all say they will take 95k

I was thinking more like 80k to 85k would this be reasonable or do you guys think that is to much

Cheers

Neil

Yes that is way too much for this car, period. The new BOSS 302 will at "least" keep up with that car if not beat it and you can get one for $45K plain or ++ for a LS Model. After they settle down a bit there will be no ADM's either, I mean they had ADM's on Maza Miats when they came out and GT500's looky now!!! It is capitalism at its best and yes a fool and his money is soon parted.

Yes that is way too much for this car, period. The new BOSS 302 will at "least" keep up with that car if not beat it and you can get one for $45K plain or ++ for a LS Model. After they settle down a bit there will be no ADM's either, I mean they had ADM's on Maza Miats when they came out and GT500's looky now!!! It is capitalism at its best and yes a fool and his money is soon parted.

I understand I'm paying a 20-30k premium for the Shelby, but I like the exclusivity of the car. Only 170 or so made in 2011 and looks like that or less in 2012. 4000 Boss 302's made each year, right? I also think the Boss looks too much like any regular 5.0 Mustang, but who really cares about my opinion? You can add the Super Snake to the list of cars that I really don't like the looks of.

Sorry SWEDEMAN you're losing me here. You just compared a Shelby authenticated car with a Mazda?:headscratch: I know it is a comparison for pricing or value but the two are not even close.

The Boss is a nice car I would love to own one someday, but when I was at a recent show and parked next to a new Boss the crowd of people gravitated to the GT350.

I agree asking $100k is a little bit absurd although with the limited production of the 45th anniversary GT 350 it could hold a higher resale value down the road.

I did not buy my GT 350 for resale; I purchased it for the ride, feel and look. I will let my son down the road worry about its resale value. Right now I'm just having a blasthappy%20feet.gif with this car.

Sorry SWEDEMAN you're losing me here. You just compared a Shelby authenticated car with a Mazda?:headscratch: I know it is a comparison for pricing or value but the two are not even close.

The Boss is a nice car I would love to own one someday, but when I was at a recent show and parked next to a new Boss the crowd of people gravitated to the GT350.

I agree asking $100k is a little bit absurd although with the limited production of the 45th anniversary GT 350 it could hold a higher resale value down the road.

I did not buy my GT 350 for resale; I purchased it for the ride, feel and look. I will let my son down the road worry about its resale value. Right now I'm just having a blasthappy%20feet.gif with this car.

Is there any chance that you could adopt me so I can be your son?

.... You wouldn't have to worry about the car ever being sold.

Completely Agree!!!

This car is never going anywhere. I might add another Shelby, or something to go with it, but this car was bought to live out its days in comfort and style in our garage. It's been added to the Trust!

John

Where did you take that picture? Looks like sidewalk in Ft. Laud. between the parking lot and sidewalk... car looks good but I passed as the price didn't make any sense and I get all the fun I need from my 2008 Shelby GT/SC so I didn't see any reason to have both. Now I am considering the 2012 Mercedes CLS AMG instead but who knows I'll probably go and get another vintage Mustang as looking for a 69 big block Mach 1

Yes that is way too much for this car, period. The new BOSS 302 will at "least" keep up with that car if not beat it and you can get one for $45K plain or ++ for a LS Model.

For the record, Ive driven both, and although I do plan to add a 2013 BOSS to my garage to take the majority of track abuse, it doesnt even come close to the GT350 on a drag strip or a road course stock. You cant compare apples to oranges though. The GT350 has a ton of aftermarket modding by the time you get it from Shelby. That said, with the 5.0 in the BOSS, and what Kenne Bell is about to unleash on the world for the BOSS cars, your statement isnt too far from the truth for value. (You wont believe the numbers when they are announced. Im absolutely floored.)

car looks good but I passed as the price didn't make any sense and I get all the fun I need from my 2008 Shelby GT/SC so I didn't see any reason to have both. Now I am considering the 2012 Mercedes CLS AMG instead but who knows I'll probably go and get another vintage Mustang as looking for a 69 big block Mach 1

Price makes the same sense as a 2008 4.6 GT with 5k in mods and a 10k bump in price....:hysterical:

You really have to consider what is left untouched on the 350 to understand the price...what off a base GT 5.0 is still there unaltered? The front fenders are pretty much it.

Front fascia, roof painted, hood, trunk, rear fascia, wheels and tires, brakes, suspension, supercharger....and then you drive it....amazing....

For the record, Ive driven both, and although I do plan to add a 2013 BOSS to my garage to take the majority of track abuse, it doesnt even come close to the GT350 on a drag strip or a road course stock. You cant compare apples to oranges though. The GT350 has a ton of aftermarket modding by the time you get it from Shelby. That said, with the 5.0 in the BOSS, and what Kenne Bell is about to unleash on the world for the BOSS cars, your statement isnt too far from the truth for value. (You wont believe the numbers when they are announced. Im absolutely floored.)

Price makes the same sense as a 2008 4.6 GT with 5k in mods and a 10k bump in price....:hysterical:

You really have to consider what is left untouched on the 350 to understand the price...what off a base GT 5.0 is still there unaltered? The front fenders are pretty much it.

Front fascia, roof painted, hood, trunk, rear fascia, wheels and tires, brakes, suspension, supercharger....and then you drive it....amazing....

You are forgetting one major factor on the GT350 as when FORD ruined the front-end and rear taillight panel with the 2010 model those two things are still butt ugly no matter what body kit you throw at it. Yea, wish I had the 5.0 in mine but wouldn't exchange it for the GT350 and didn't see a reason to own both

Yup, if you dont like it, you shouldnt buy it. Although, just to be fair, nothing was really done to the front or rear except putting a different body kit on the existing S197 platform. So, technically, if you like a 2008, you cant say Ford went in and screwed it up beyond repair, because changing the front and rear fascia is all they did to begin with.

But I have seen a LOT of negativity thrown in the direction of the GT350 by owners of other builds, well, one in specific, that seem to have some serious sour grapes over it.:headscratch:

Im not picking a fight either, just pointing out that if the build is REALLY that much of a waste of money, why dont I read the same things on a Supersnake build?:headscratch: SS costs more, and in the case of a vert, less HP to boot. For 1k more, I have already brought my build up to SS numbers, so still less money than a SS.

I like the SGT's (I see you have one), but what if I didnt, and came to the SGT section and started complaining about them? Just doesnt make sense to me...

And YET I REALLY like the supersnakes still and dont go into their section and talk about buying a Honda Odyssey instead. Maybe Im just overly sensitive, but I get a little worn out reading guys coming on here and complaining about the GT350. There, said it.

Yup, if you dont like it, you shouldnt buy it. Although, just to be fair, nothing was really done to the front or rear except putting a different body kit on the existing S197 platform. So, technically, if you like a 2008, you cant say Ford went in and screwed it up beyond repair, because changing the front and rear fascia is all they did to begin with.

But I have seen a LOT of negativity thrown in the direction of the GT350 by owners of other builds, well, one in specific, that seem to have some serious sour grapes over it.:headscratch:

Im not picking a fight either, just pointing out that if the build is REALLY that much of a waste of money, why dont I read the same things on a Supersnake build?:headscratch: SS costs more, and in the case of a vert, less HP to boot. For 1k more, I have already brought my build up to SS numbers, so still less money than a SS.

I like the SGT's (I see you have one), but what if I didnt, and came to the SGT section and started complaining about them? Just doesnt make sense to me...

And YET I REALLY like the supersnakes still and dont go into their section and talk about buying a Honda Odyssey instead. Maybe Im just overly sensitive, but I get a little worn out reading guys coming on here and complaining about the GT350. There, said it.

My god money,money,money. I would rather buy 5 new VW Rabbits"Fear the Bunny" and tune them,add an attractive wing on it and throw in some NOS. Then I will bring it them to the 12 Shelby bash and smoke all of you 350 owners. Hey,I saw what a Rabbit can do.I saw the Fast and the Furious. :hysterical: Ha Ha,just kidding DubbsFaris,just wanted you to get a little more sensitive! In all honesty,only two cars would go in my dream garage if money was not an issue,the 65' and the 11' 350. I think people need to stop crying about the price.Pay it or move on and don't say a word.I do love the way Shelby redesigned the rear of the car.To bad Ford does not listen to what the public says,but you can see that Shelby listenes to what people want.With all the different Shelby pakages offered,theirs something for everone.Oh,by the way,in case you cannot tell, I love your car. So if you ever decide to just give it away to a hard working blue collar man with a family who will never own one because a lack of funds, my number is 1(562)555-4555 :hysterical: Thought I would throw some CA Hollywood movie humor in there! Take care DubbsFaris,"Keep the tires spinnin and keep on grinnin!"

Thanks! I laughed my bottom off to that comment.

I mean, if we are talking economical here, why bother with anything more than a gutted '93 notch with a new 5.0 aluminator? Nothing would touch a build like that, and you could do a whole new drivetrain and engine and the whole car would be south of 20k.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand I'm paying a 20-30k premium for the Shelby, but I like the exclusivity of the car. Only 170 or so made in 2011 and looks like that or less in 2012. 4000 Boss 302's made each year, right? I also think the Boss looks too much like any regular 5.0 Mustang, but who really cares about my opinion? You can add the Super Snake to the list of cars that I really don't like the looks of.

I agree with you. Both the Boss and the 500/Super Snake have no appeal to me at all. But that is what makes the world of automobiles...and everything else for that matter...go round. My idea of art is going out to the garage and gazing at the 350 and my '66 emberglow GT convertible. NOW...that if fine ART! :wub:

I agree with you. Both the Boss and the 500/Super Snake have no appeal to me at all. But that is what makes the world of automobiles...and everything else for that matter...go round. My idea of art is going out to the garage and gazing at the 350 and my '66 emberglow GT convertible. NOW...that if fine ART! :wub:

Thats not art, sounds more like one lucky SOB :hysterical:

Kris,

the boss is no looker, but she is way fun to beat on - and with full warranty - something us 624 350's guys dont have. if you walk to the boss with you eyes closed and only open them once you have buckled into the recaro's and fired up the motor with the restrictor plates out, she is beautiful. :hysterical:

Kris,

the boss is no looker, but she is way fun to beat on - and with full warranty - something us 624 350's guys dont have. if you walk to the boss with you eyes closed and only open them once you have buckled into the recaro's and fired up the motor with the restrictor plates out, she is beautiful. :hysterical:

Can the Boss out perform the 350 in your opinion? By the way, what color did you buy?

Kris

Can the Boss out perform the 350 in your opinion? By the way, what color did you buy?

Kris

Drivers being equal, full 624 hp with watts link. I don’t think so.

I’ll let you know for sure after September 14th. My buddy has a Boss and we’ll both be on track at Sears Point Raceway.

Drivers being equal, full 624 hp with watts link. I don’t think so.

I’ll let you know for sure after September 14th. My buddy has a Boss and we’ll both be on track at Sears Point Raceway.

The boss redlines at 7600rpm, the gt350 shuts down at 6500rpm.... My neighbor has a boss, and the other day took me off the light. I couldnt get traction, so he beat me. I was upset that a boss beat me from light to light. I guess I'm going to have to practice driving better.

Kris

no shame losing to the boss. just goes to show you what ford can do if they put their mind to it. Remember there are three boss's out there ,"the mustang" ,"bruce springstein" and the ,"old lady" not nessessarilly in that order

The boss redlines at 7600rpm, the gt350 shuts down at 6500rpm.... My neighbor has a boss, and the other day took me off the light. I couldnt get traction, so he beat me. I was upset that a boss beat me from light to light. I guess I'm going to have to practice driving better.

Kris

Pedal management bro, keep practicing and you'll take him.

Archived