TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can traction control be turned off and stay off

JimMeder

I have a 07 and when I go to the track I want traction control OFF. Sometimes I forget to turn it off. When I do turn it off and then finish a session when I start the car up for the next session it turns the traction control back on.

I have a 07 and when I go to the track I want traction control OFF. Sometimes I forget to turn it off. When I do turn it off and then finish a session when I start the car up for the next session it turns the traction control back on.

I met a guy with a 2010 GT that had his turned off. He asked the guy that did his tune if it could be done, he did it with the hand held tuner. He didn't say if it could be turned on again by pushing the button.

Dude, just do the solenoid mod. Takes about 30 minutes and is sweet. Just flips the script. Starts "off" and just hit the button to turn it on if caught in any inclement weather. I nominate it for mod of the year!

:happy feet:

Interesting. First I have heard of this mod. Can someone point me to a tech thread that shows how to?

if you turn it OFF using a handheld tuner it stays OFF...there is a way to modify the system so that default is OFF and you can still turn it on if you want to:

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f669/traction-control-auto-off-mod-462075/

I just did this mod today using the schematic in the link I posted. Works as advertised...

I just did this mod today using the schematic in the link I posted. Works as advertised...

Sweet. I may have to do this. One thing I noticed when my tuner turned mine off is that you got the beep indicating that something was wrong. I did not want to hear that all the time and wanted my car to work more like factory so I had them turn it back on. Does this new setup cause the same issue?

hmm thats pretty cool. might have to get that one done. i HATE TC when you dont want it on it wil hit on every time. almost killed me in my old gt. pulled out of a parts store and it hit on. bogged my car down and i about got T boned

almost killed me in my old gt. pulled out of a parts store and it hit on. bogged my car down and i about got T boned

while I don't like leaving the traction control on either... the above scenario doesn't seem to me as being the traction control's fault... :headscratch::doh:

• 4 weeks later...

So I had this mod on my 05 GT and loved it. I had originally found a relay that was identical to the one Taco Bill showed so I didn't question it, but now that I've finally got around to doing this on my SGT, I couldn't find the exact same relay.

Can anyone tell me if this one will work? I hope so, I just got it all put together and want to connect it in the morning.

3f15f913.jpg

Can anyone tell me if this one will work?

I hope so, I just got it all put together and want to connect it in the morning.

3f15f913.jpg

Yeah, that's a standard Bosch style 30 amp 4-wire relay with a control circuit and a controlled circuit.

Where did you find it? I can't find one ANYWHERE in Co. Springs. They're SUPER common but when I go into a parts store and ask for one they look at me like I have a 3rd eye on my forehead.

Phill

Where did you find it? I can't find one ANYWHERE in Co. Springs. They're SUPER common but when I go into a parts store and ask for one they look at me like I have a 3rd eye on my forehead.

O'reilly Auto parts had a whole box of them. I had to kind of describe it to them and one of the guys recognized what I was talking about.

Next question... can you do a add-a-circuit.... to an add-a-circuit? I already have one in that fuse position for my radar detector.

Next question... can you do a add-a-circuit.... to an add-a-circuit? I already have one in that fuse position for my radar detector.

I don't understand your question.

Are you asking if you can run two circuits on the same fuse? That would depend on the total amperage the two circuits pull and the rating of the fused circuit.

If that isn't what you're asking, try me again...

Phill

I don't understand your question.

Are you asking if you can run two circuits on the same fuse? That would depend on the total amperage the two circuits pull and the rating of the fused circuit.

If that isn't what you're asking, try me again...

Phill

That is what I was asking. I'd like to piggy-back 2 add-a-circuits off each other on position 20. Not sure if it's wise though.

That is what I was asking. I'd like to piggy-back 2 add-a-circuits off each other on position 20. Not sure if it's wise though.

You would need to know the current draw (amps) each circuit pulls.

If you run them in series, they add up. If you run them in parallel, they divide but still double the FUSE load (since the fuse is in series to the parallel circuit).

You don't want to pull more than about 80% of the fuses rating (*Basic* "rule of thumb").

Phill

• 4 weeks later...

Archived