TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone installed one of these on a 07-09 GT-500

Rarecat

• 2 weeks later...

I have a take off 2011 heat exchanger that I will sell for $225 if anyone is interested. has less than 50 miles on it. It is an upgrade for 07-10 GT500's and can be adapted for custom applications such as Saleen, Roush, etc...

Alex

I have a take off 2011 heat exchanger that I will sell for $225 if anyone is interested. has less than 50 miles on it. It is an upgrade for 07-10 GT500's and can be adapted for custom applications such as Saleen, Roush, etc...

Alex

I dont know about you guys but i never thought i'd be using a new heat exchanger, 1st dont race after a long ride, dont race up and down the road all day, and always let the car cool down and one race one shot and park the car pop up the hood. . . My head heats up more than the engine from gettin excited for the race lol.

+1 on the Revan/Shelby/C&R Heat exchanger- Esp on the 2011 cars. The 2011 exchanger is larger, but with that aluminum block more cooling in all areas is always better.

There's something impressive about being able to stick your finger in the fluid of the heat changer tank after a run on the freeway and feel that it's colder than ambient.

Van's the man.

-Wingrider

• 4 weeks later...

I appreciate the input from everyone, thanks, Rather than buying the new FRPP unit, I bought a take off 2011 unit from Alex and installed it yesterday. The stock 08 unit is 1 1/4" wide, the 2011 unit is 2" wide, it is a easy swap and having the extra cooling will help with the FRPP TVS I'm bolting in next weekend. While a Reven unit would have provided better performance, I don't race so heat soak is not a big issue for me. This is a cost effective little upgrade to keep my TVS happy....

I appreciate the input from everyone, thanks, Rather than buying the new FRPP unit, I bought a take off 2011 unit from Alex and installed it yesterday. The stock 08 unit is 1 1/4" wide, the 2011 unit is 2" wide, it is a easy swap and having the extra cooling will help with the FRPP TVS I'm bolting in next weekend. While a Reven unit would have provided better performance, I don't race so heat soak is not a big issue for me. This is a cost effective little upgrade to keep my TVS happy....

Glad you got her on!!! Congrats on the TVS too...

Alex

I would like to do the same for mine, sounds like a cost effective solution for guys that don't race thier cars.

• 1 month later...

Guys

You do not have to race your car to get heat soak. This topic has been discussed and repeated extensively.

Daily driver street cars get heat soaked just as easily as cars that don't race. 90% of the cars running my heat exchanger are street cars because street cars get heat soaked.

It's not a question of "if" its just a matter of "time" before they heat soak.

Van

www.revanracing.com

Archived