TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm feelin stoopid

so I go and get an oil change at the dealers today for my 07 sgt and to get a turnlight bulb replaced. The bill wss 70.00 and I'm thinking to myself that sounds kinda cheap and since I was in a hurry I paid and left. Didn't look at the receipt until I got home and saw that they used motorcraft ford oil and not the 5W20 QFS that I had always had before.

I'm not going to be doing any heavy drivin for awhile but was just wonderin if I should be concerned enough to make another appointment to have syntheitic put in...

Thanks in advance for any info

:)

Have them tell you what oil was used. They know. If they didn't put the proper oil in (per the manual) then they should replace it at no cost.

Thanks..I e-mailed their service dept as it doesn't state what oil was used but the price was 30.00 where as in the past it was 50.00 so I'm thinking they didn't use synthetic

It's synthetic Blend.

I'm sure they used the right stuff. Even the Ford escapes and F-150's use the stuff I show in the picture.

so I go and get an oil change at the dealers today for my 07 sgt and to get a turnlight bulb replaced. The bill wss 70.00 and I'm thinking to myself that sounds kinda cheap and since I was in a hurry I paid and left. Didn't look at the receipt until I got home and saw that they used motorcraft ford oil and not the 5W20 QFS that I had always had before.

I'm not going to be doing any heavy drivin for awhile but was just wonderin if I should be concerned enough to make another appointment to have syntheitic put in...

Thanks in advance for any info

did you see this thread?

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/66091-what-is-the-best-oil-to-use/

Run it.......................you'll be fine.

Archived