TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MY SHELBY @ LOWES MOTORSPEEDWAY!!!!

jrpsence

Its 1:00 PM today and my friend calls me and says he just heard on the radio that if you buy 4 or more tickets to the race in may then you can drive around the track 3 times!!!.....what are you serious???....Yes he was serious. I did it and I got there right at 5:00. There was only 2 other cars at the time (once i was leavin the line was crazy long)...Anyways to the GOODSTUFF... the embankments were so steep it felt like if I slowed down the car would just slide down sideways....I averaged 90 mph through the turns....about 110 in the straights... but on one particular turn I dropped way back behind the pace car and ripped to 150 MPH in the Shelby....IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!....I have CAI, tune, exhaust, and 2.5 pulleys getting 580 rwhp.....MOST INCREDIBLE experience just thought I would share.

ONLY BAD PART....an 06 Z06 was next to enter the track....if he only would have been ten minutes earlier we could have had fun

post-8043-1174515804_thumb.jpg

post-8043-1174515983_thumb.jpg

very cool - thanks for sharing! I would love to do that here in Indy :)

For the local to Indy guys the ford techs at the dealer i go to are renting out a drag strip in Muncie, IN (like $400 total) and it breaks down to $25-$30 bucks each. All the runs you want, no NHRA rules (verts welcome). Should be a good time. I think they are looking at early May but will get more info asap about it.

Its 1:00 PM today and my friend calls me and says he just heard on the radio that if you buy 4 or more tickets to the race in may then you can drive around the track 3 times!!!.....what are you serious???....Yes he was serious. I did it and I got there right at 5:00. There was only 2 other cars at the time (once i was leavin the line was crazy long)...Anyways to the GOODSTUFF... the embankments were so steep it felt like if I slowed down the car would just slide down sideways....I averaged 90 mph through the turns....about 110 in the straights... but on one particular turn I dropped way back behind the pace car and ripped to 150 MPH in the Shelby....IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!....I have CAI, tune, exhaust, and 2.5 pulleys getting 580 rwhp.....MOST INCREDIBLE experience just thought I would share.

ONLY BAD PART....an 06 Z06 was next to enter the track....if he only would have been ten minutes earlier we could have had fun

I read that today too & 1st thought.... yeah, how fast 10mph & then I blew it off since I'm 700 miles away. glad you were able to enjoy some real speed & on LMS :shift: :burnout:

I read that today too & 1st thought.... yeah, how fast 10mph & then I blew it off since I'm 700 miles away. glad you were able to enjoy some real speed & on LMS :shift: :burnout:

yeah the rules said to keep it "around 70" and dont be wreckless...but the other guy behind me told me this was his second time and they dont regulate anything or care how fast you go just dont be stupid.....i hit 150 and no one said anything...but i mean hey what could they have done write me a ticket?? :redcard:

yeah the rules said to keep it "around 70" and dont be wreckless...but the other guy behind me told me this was his second time and they dont regulate anything or care how fast you go just dont be stupid.....i hit 150 and no one said anything...but i mean hey what could they have done write me a ticket?? :redcard:

WHAT...no black flag for you? Did you finish on the lead lap? :hysterical2:

very cool - thanks for sharing! I would love to do that here in Indy :)

For the local to Indy guys the ford techs at the dealer i go to are renting out a drag strip in Muncie, IN (like $400 total) and it breaks down to $25-$30 bucks each. All the runs you want, no NHRA rules (verts welcome). Should be a good time. I think they are looking at early May but will get more info asap about it.

This is cool Iceman. I belong to a group here in Memphis that is doing the same thing at the end of this month. I plan to get lots of practice on my launches:)

sounds awesome man...im eager to get mine to the strip to...but with some drag radials or she will be sitting still:)

Come to Jackson SC (Carolina Dragway) Saturday for the SC SVT and Mustang Club day. The track is rented out and you can run your car as many times as you want and there will be other Shelbys there as well, plus a car show. Should be a good time.

Went around the banks in Charlotte at around 120mph in a 1984 300ZX turbo (LOL) chasing my father in his 65 hi-po fastback back in the late 80s at the spring car show. Talk about step banks, scared me to death. We got bitched at. :redcard:

Guest markham51

Heck, I do 150 going to the 7-11! :hysterical2:

Just kidding...I took my Saleen for a few laps at Lowes during the national Mustang show there a few years ago. Unfortunately it rained there all weekend so I never got to mess around at any speed. It is a lot of fun though and you are right, the corners are very steep!

Great story. If you hear of it opening up again to "local traffic" let me know. Id love to take the Shelby out on the track.

Come to Jackson SC (Carolina Dragway) Saturday for the SC SVT and Mustang Club day. The track is rented out and you can run your car as many times as you want and there will be other Shelbys there as well, plus a car show. Should be a good time.

Went around the banks in Charlotte at around 120mph in a 1984 300ZX turbo (LOL) chasing my father in his 65 hi-po fastback back in the late 80s at the spring car show. Talk about step banks, scared me to death. We got bitched at. :redcard:

is there any cost?? do i have to be a member or something or what??

is there any cost?? do i have to be a member or something or what??

$50 at the gate ( because of late registration and the cost of the track went up signif.) No you dont have to be a member (Im not but will be).

The track is nicknamed "The house of hook" so Im there since I need some hook. :shift:

I know of at least 4 Shelbys that will be there, I bet more will show.

I've been looking for a similar event at the California Speedway with no luck. Most of the clubs that race there use the infield track. I just want to cut a few laps on the BIG track and get a few photos to say, "Been there, Done that!" If anyone knows of an event or club that does fun laps with opportunities to do 120 - XXX mph then let me know! Thanks!

Archived