TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will it hold together

2+2

Now that I own a 2008 SGT coupe, I have a few question for you super charged SGT owners as I consider the GT/SC option. I was around for the first musle car era. And I know the difference between jumping on your car to just through you back in the seat, and then really hitting it scary hard. You know so hard that you think the motor will break or not hold together. In fact most first generation Mustangs, something would breakdown almost every time you raced hard. I want to know how these cars (Shelby GT/SC) hold up to really putting your foot into it. Have you been on the drag strip many times ? How many runs? What kind of run times. Do you have to upgrade the lower end? Do you worry about the car breaking, or are you confident it will hold together, I would love to hear some good, and even bad experiences driving your Shelby GT/CS to the extreme. I do know I am to old to be fixing break downs like I used to

We really are living mucsle car era number two. And I loved beating cars with my 289 ( ran a 12.58), and now with my 4.6.

• 2 weeks later...

I drive mine like I stole it and have the Whipple 550 Kit with 497 RWHP. I have never broken down or had any supercharger belt issues and I now have 4,800 plus miles on the car. I also have 5 quarter mile runs ; 3 runs at Pinks All Out Memphis 2009 and 2 more runs at Milan Dragway this spring. I also get 22-24 mpg on the highway.

Scotty G.

The 4.6L wll withstand the superchargers if you stay within certain parameters - those being: do not over-boost the blower, do not exceed the recommended redline of 6250 rpms and do not run it lean. 10 to 11 lbs. of boost and a 6250 rpm redline, along with the proper air/fuel ratio should give you many miles of memories. The Whipple 550 hp is the recommended blower of choice.

Archived