TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Coilover Front Struts for 18 x 10.5 Wheel

idrathergolf

I have waited a long time to find a cost effective solution to put 18 x 10 1/2 inch wheels on by 07 GT 500 and I finally got it. CortexRacing has designed a coil over strut from Ground Control that does the trick. Attached is a picture of the clearance from the strut to a 285 tire on a 9 1/2 inch wheel. The clearance is about 3/4 of an inch; plenty of room to put a 10 1/2 inch wheel either by going with a custom wheel or take the stock wheel and add 1 inch and putting spacers to push it away from the strut . According to Filip at CortexRacing there is now plenty of room for a Toyo 305 in the front. I am going down the path of wheel widening the stock wheels rather than a custom wheel.

I reused all the coilover springs and parts from Griggs to save some money. Filip was even kind enough to find a buyer for my Griggs struts and drive the cost of the mod down.

I haven't had the opportunity to take the car out yet. That will probably happen at MiniNats at Sears Point. CortexRacing is installing a custom made roll bar for my car and it will take a couple of weeks.

post-20651-0-40817600-1310001149_thumb.jpg

post-20651-0-40817600-1310001149_thumb.jpg

Archived