TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon Fiber ?

Looking into doing a complete carbon fiber replacement of the outside black plastic. Thinking of Trucarbon. What are your thoughts on Trucarbon and the fit? Should I go to Ford and get replacement mounting clips ect. before I start the project?

TRUCARBON has a great product, the front splitter which i have from them is a PERFECT fit and you use the stock hardware ,all the holes line up perfect, i also have there rear valance and its another nice piece with a perfect fit ,BUT the rear is a little more difficult to get on , but worth the headache my car in the picture has the front splitter on at the time of the picture but not the rear valance, if you have any other questions just e-mail me with your tel # or i will give you my # jpmarchini@aol.com

I'm thinking of also doing the front splitter my own self, How much are you guys paying for the splitter.

tru-carbons front splitter is around $600 if i remember correctly i have it on the car at least 1 year already , the rear valance is around 1,100 not a cheap part but looks great, and i have not seen one on any other cars YET guys southwestcarbon is not real carbon fiber it is that hydrocarbon , which is like being painted (not really painted but some kind of process that looks like how they do chrome) tru-carbon is real, and the hydrocarbon is just as expensive , compare the prices i did and i would much rather have the real thing if the prices are the same

Rear Valance is $695 versus $1100,front splitter is $395 versus $600 using original parts which bolt right on.

There parts and work is good enough for the 2011-12 Super Snakes from the Shelby factory mod shop.

All are original factory parts that can easily be repaired if scratched,damaged,or nicked on a curb as well as they will not fade as real carbon fiber does over time + bonus of choice of colors to match car same price!

Sounds like a win,win with alot of $ savings and no fitment headaches or issues.

By the way it's Southeast Carbon Works not Southwest LOL !

darth, sorry about that southeast thing, a question for you , i don't remember seeing any rear carbon fiber valances on the super snakes, is that a new option, and if those are the prices that great go for it , but can anyone purchase these parts or are the just for super snake customers

darth, sorry about that southeast thing, a question for you , i don't remember seeing any rear carbon fiber valances on the super snakes, is that a new option, and if those are the prices that great go for it , but can anyone purchase these parts or are the just for super snake customers

darth,after reading your post again, it sounds like the parts you are talking about are the hydro parts , because i thought carbon fiber only come in black, dark gray, what ever color you consider it if you can your chose color then is it hydro if it is ,i have seen it up close , and imo is not nearly as nice as real carbon , like i said just my oponion

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also have all the carbon on my exterior from Southeast Carbon works as well. Waiting on winter to do some of the interior.

Saw your Car at Dearborn... And all I can tell all of you is, it looked fantastic!happy%20feet.gif I was parked beside you at the hotel and walked around the car for quite a while, All I can say is WOW!

l Well be getting rid of the plastic, slowly but surely

i put all the carbon fiber on my shelby gt 500 from southeast carbon works and they are the best. the owner's name is bruce and his products are great.

+1000. Bruce's stuff is top notch. You all know how picky I am with details....

Alex

Saw your Car at Dearborn... And all I can tell all of you is, it looked fantastic!happy%20feet.gif I was parked beside you at the hotel and walked around the car for quite a while, All I can say is WOW!

l Well be getting rid of the plastic, slowly but surely

Thank you for the props. It sure was fun meeting everyone there. Very simple installation as well.

Archived