TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Trade my 2007 Shelby Gt???

dieselhaven

The payment will be the same for another 6 years. :hammer_self: The only problem is it is a two seater compared to the four seater of the SGT. :hammer_self: Have really enjoyed the screams from the back seat when leaving parking lots while entering traffic. :shoppingcart_:

Given there are Shelby GT's on eBay, one with less than 1500 miles, for less than $30k many less than $25k, the "even trade" makes absolutely no sense.

When I think about it 5.0 GT wouldn't make sense let alone a Boss. I call BS or you have found the world's biggest sucker.

The payment will be the same for another 6 years. :hammer_self: The only problem is it is a two seater compared to the four seater of the SGT. :hammer_self: Have really enjoyed the screams from the back seat when leaving parking lots while entering traffic. :shoppingcart_:

Oh hold on...that isn't "car for car" that's a new loan. While having the loss, if any, on the SGT rolled into the Boss loan.

You need to give REAL numbers!

How much do you owe on the SGT?

How much are they giving you in a trade?

What is the TOTAL CASH price of the Boss?

Then you can make a decision...but don't be dulled by this notion of a "car for car" phrase...it isn't,

Fine you want numbers. Here they are: Owe $22,000.00 Trade $27,500.00 New BLS $51,000.00 New 500 $57,000.00. Payments for the next 6 years $802 per month. Having SGT in shop for months on end for warranty approval from SAI never again... :yahoo:

Fine you want numbers. Here they are: Owe $22,000.00 Trade $27,500.00 New BLS $51,000.00 New 500 $57,000.00. Payments for the next 6 years $802 per month. Having SGT in shop for months on end for warranty approval from SAI never again... :yahoo:

The trade value is good. No idea what the Boss is going for so no opinion there. Just remember that you are at a point with your SGT loan, I would think, that your paying down the principle and less as a percentage than interest. That will flip now and then your into a cost of money analysis. So run the numbers and do what you want but my guess is for the additional interest you'll pay over the coming years you could buy a few hood scoops with new painted stripes every year! ;-)

Good luck!

BTW: If your paying $802 a month on a 6 year loan of $45,500, it sounds to me your rate is high. In the 8.5% range? I would try to do better. I got 3% on my new Edge Limited.

The BOSS is a great car, but prices will come down. The SGT is also a great car. I think what it comes down to is how much the Shelby heritage is worth to you.

On another note, I can't be the only one that thinks $800 a month for a car payment is high.

Keep paying it off, crazy to get a 6 year loan at the rate it seems you will be paying.

How do you still owe $22k on a 2007 Shelby GT??? Did you buy it recently??? That is the part that is killing you, I owe $9k and I bought in December 2007. Got 0% financing or else I would have paid it off early.

The IR was 3.5% back in Dec of 2007. I would have paid it off early but ended up buying four more vehicles. The last two I bought should have paid of the SGT but did not want to put any more mileage on her. Both of the cars were 1990 mustangs with the 5.0 in them, but had to invest a lot of money to get them right for my tastes and they still are not perfect. Now I am looking at put some rubber on the SGT and have recently upgraded the rims to the 2010 Shelby 500 in black. With all the minor upgrades to the 500 I should have bought one. The only thing now is the sc to be put on, but I want one from paxton. I could get a fully loaded 2012 Shelby 500 for $100 more a month.

$100 more a month.

Sorry, but this line of thinking isn't the best way to make a financial decision. It's clearly not just $100 per month, it's also $700 per month for an additional 3.5 years (guesstimate) and an additional $30k of debt roughly... if you want the car that bad go for it, but in my experience, waiting for a low mile used deal is the way to go. Good luck either way!

The 2012 Boss is fast, but I have seen it in person, and I am not crazy about the looks. Just something off about the wheels/stripes/stance that does nothing for me. I do not feel they hit it just right in the looks department.. But on the other hand. . The only new body style car that I would spend my hard earned money on would be, without a doubt, the GT350, Even then, I am not sure I like the looks of it better than my SGT. But, a Mustang in the garage is better than a 401 k statement any day. Oh well, I know.

Sorry, but this line of thinking isn't the best way to make a financial decision. It's clearly not just $100 per month, it's also $700 per month for an additional 3.5 years (guesstimate) and an additional $30k of debt roughly... if you want the car that bad go for it, but in my experience, waiting for a low mile used deal is the way to go. Good luck either way!

+1

Sorry but to be blunt your financial line thinking is what got you where you are....$22K still owed on a 2007, and an offer of 8.5% interest on a new car. It's your money, but this REALLY isn't a good deal. Pay down your debt keep the cash and THEN look for a new car if desired.

Good luck!

Why not just add a blower to the SGT, some more suspension parts and it will be a pretty decent road course car, yes the Laguna Seca is all out ready to go and if you have the funds go for it but honestly to go and have a $800+ car payment and not really putting the BLS on the track is well.....not worth it imo but again if you have the coin hey why not.

6 more years of $800 a month. No, just no. A beautiful SGT for an ugly Boss? no. $800 a month... sounds like Whipple in about a year!

As a note, you should not performance-drive your SGT with people in the back seat. Could be dangerous! It would suck if the rear wheels came off the ground...

Back to topic.

Well I did trade in the SGT and ended up getting the GT 500. It was sad to let her go, but have already put 1,400 miles on the GT 500 in 11 days with 2 days off. I can say it is a lot quieter car than the SGT. Over all I am very pleased in the 2012 and did not have to wait for her to be delivered. Was told that there was another buyer whom wanted her while she was getting washed and ready for pick up. The BLS sold for $10,000.00 over sticker and is being transported to someone on the east coast. I wish that I could get to a closed track to know the true performance of the GT 500. I actually have not gone past 70 mph and enjoying every time I go out on the highway. My youngest has said that SAI has lied about the car because of the RECARO seats and no racing harnesses. :mad: My oldest likes the electronics upgrade. :o Also there is a cop in TX that can not believe that he could not have a chance to pull over within 15 miles of following me. Oh well I would have pulled over for him to look at her if he would of only asked! I guess he was waiting for a good reason and could not find one!!

Archived