TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally!

owenkelley

It was kinda funny, I called Customer Service Monday morning to see when my car might arrive and they told me between 03-24 and 03-31. I called my buddy whose the salesmanager at the Ford dealership and he said he would find out the railcar # and where it is. He called me back & said it was only 300 miles away and should be here today (Monday). It arrived that night and we picked it up late yesterday afternoon, a week before CS thought it might get here!

post-2337-1174495377_thumb.jpg

post-2337-1174495410_thumb.jpg

post-2337-1174495377_thumb.jpg

post-2337-1174495410_thumb.jpg

It was kinda funny, I called Customer Service Monday morning to see when my car might arrive and they told me between 03-24 and 03-31. I called my buddy whose the salesmanager at the Ford dealership and he said he would find out the railcar # and where it is. He called me back & said it was only 300 miles away and should be here today (Monday). It arrived that night and we picked it up late yesterday afternoon, a week before CS thought it might get here!
Congratulations! Nice home for the Shelby's.

Congrats and excellent stable of horses you got there...is that a FOX GT I see hiding behind the thorobreds??

:happy feet:

Yes, that is a Fox GT hiding back there. It's my 20 year old daughters car, it's a nice one. Eibach springs, connected frame rails, full length headers, bigger injectors, CAI - really a fun car to drive. My 18 year old daughter has a 5.0 LX Fox Body car, it's got GT ground effects, chrome Cobra R wheels, it's a great car too.

:happy feet: SaaaaaaaaaaWeeeeeeeeeeet. :happy feet:

Nice pair you got there. Hows the weather in Montana now. Today is the 1st day of spring. :hyper:

Nice cars man, and you are soooooo lucky, I called C/S Tuesday and all they had to say was the delivery date of 3/6/07 or week thereof. My response was "well it's not here". all they could say then was its still on quality hold! And yours got there before the delivery date. WOW I wish those folks could figure out what they are doing. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

And Might I Add Nice Color Choice LOOKS FAST sitting still :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Congrats Owenkelley! How much do you plan on :shift: it now that you have it?

I'm hoping to use it mostly for travelling, but we'll see, I may not be able to keep from driving it more than that. I put about 100 miles on it today, got my first little rock chip so at least that's out of the way! We're planning a trip down to Denver and maybe to New Mexico towards the end of next month, but I think when it comes down to it 5000 miles a year will probably be where I'll try to keep it.

:happy feet: SaaaaaaaaaaWeeeeeeeeeeet. :happy feet:

Nice pair you got there. Hows the weather in Montana now. Today is the 1st day of spring. :hyper:

It was spitting a little snow this morning when I was leaving for work, so I decided to leave the new car home. An hour later it was blue skies and sunshine so I went home and got it. I've gotten on it a few times now and it is a blast! I haven't smoked the tires yet though, I'm working up to that!

Thank you for the nice comments. I haven't been paying too much attention to this site lately because I've been too busy playing with the car. I've only put a couple hundred miles on it, but I've washed & waxed it several times. The weather hasn't been too conducive to driving it much. It's amazing how things have changed in 40 years! The new car has every creature comfort you can think of, while the old one has power steering and that's it! Oh well, as much as I love the new car, I don't think it can replace the old one as my all time favorite car!

Drive safe everybody!

Yes, that is a Fox GT hiding back there. It's my 20 year old daughters car, it's a nice one. Eibach springs, connected frame rails, full length headers, bigger injectors, CAI - really a fun car to drive. My 18 year old daughter has a 5.0 LX Fox Body car, it's got GT ground effects, chrome Cobra R wheels, it's a great car too.

Very Nice --Sounds like your family has been brought the right way .

Archived