TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NE Shelby Arrives

Hussman

Finally after almost two years after seeing it for the first time at the April Autoshow in 2005, my Torch Red/White coupe is now home, picked up March 14th. :banvictory:

First unlike many my brethren on this site, the whole buying experience was actually painless, except the PSDS and ADM of course. After the Road & Track article in June 2005 outlining the specs and expected pricing, it was at that point I decided I HAD to have one. I started calling dealers right after that and only one dealer took me seriously, which ironically was the closest SVT dealer to me, only 7 miles away. Those that I called either claimed to know nothing or would not even discuss it yet.

On 9/8/05, I called for an update and the SVT manager said they started taking deposits the week before and had one unit left (out of three total units to be allocated). I left work immediately to give him the dough ($1K deposit required) and get my contract, with the promise that I could order it to my spec and they would commit to pricing in writing once the MSRP was published.

On June 2nd, I got the DORA and the PSDS really kicked in. The dealer was great throughout, no games, kept me updated and offered to deliver it to the house if I desired. The ADM was also in my view reasonable compared to what has been going on elsewhere, especially since I could order it myself. Fully loaded but no Sirius. The service is great but the antenna is so ugly (one man's opinion) I just couldn't do it.

Fast forward 9 months later and delivery day turned out to be the best day of the year so far here in Massachusetts. We had no snow in my area for about three weeks with several days of rain so the roads were clear enough to drive. I went to pick it up with the SVT manager at the holding area and backed the car out of their garage with 2 miles on the odometer. Put 80 awesome miles on it on Delivery Day and returned it to the garage where the next two days MA proceeded to get hit with an ice/snow Noreaster and now won't be able to drive for probably another three weeks anyway. Sitting in it is just fine for now,..at least its home rather than having to medicate my PSDS with vodka and stangsunleashed. The wife thinks I'm nuts but she knew what she was getting into.

They've all been said before, but a few impressions:

- Love the feel of the steering - very Euro-car like.

- The short-throw shifter and ease of clutch is really impressive.

- Stripes make it go faster.

- No way is a front plate going on it,...I'll gladly take the ticket instead.

- Torque - wow, no further comment needed here.

- The car can make anyone look good - even me. I passed a neighbor on the street who I've known for 5 years and have stopped to say hello to in every one of my vehicles over the years. I stopped to say hello and she did not recognize me at first because I looked "like a rock star".

I can't thank everyone on this site enough. Most knowledgeable place on the web. I appreciate all the education and look forward to getting together on our first NE gathering.

post-4500-1174488098_thumb.jpg

post-4500-1174488166_thumb.jpg

post-4500-1174488223_thumb.jpg

I know you must have that 500HP grin from ear to ear. I know how you feel. I have had mine for 12 days and 222 miles. The fun mods have started, and the enjoyment has only just begun. Do you have any plans for any mods in the future?

The Red looks fantastic. :happy feet:

congratulations Hussman . It's amazing how most all of us GT500 owners share the same excitement with this car.From the moment we first laid eyes on it in concept form all though the ordering & build process and up to the day it finally arrives.

Maybe we can hook up sometime in the spring or summer. we'll have to see where the North East get together will take place.

I might take mine to the Mustangs unlimited car show I think it's April 29th east of Hartford,CT.

Spring is here !

Congrats, Hussman!!!!

That's one fine ride you have. Glad you got what you needed. I think there will be a number of meets in the NE this summer. Hope we'll all meet up then!

~Chris

Congrats Hussman!!!

Looking forward to some great photo ops this summer!

Enjoy, and be careful!

Judy

Congrats nice car. Did you know that white was the fastest when you bought yours?(LOL) North East meet sounds cool. I'm in south east PA.

A North East meet does sound nice.

If anyone is interested--our Ford dealer has a nice mustang meet on fathers day.

Nice fun,food,and fireworks.

maybe we can all get together!!

judy

HUSSMAN .... great looking car .... I and everyone else on the forum knows your feeling for we all went through it when we got our respective shelbys ~!

Great color choice too !

Finally after almost two years after seeing it for the first time at the April Autoshow in 2005, my Torch Red/White coupe is now home, picked up March 14th. :banvictory:

First unlike many my brethren on this site, the whole buying experience was actually painless, except the PSDS and ADM of course. After the Road & Track article in June 2005 outlining the specs and expected pricing, it was at that point I decided I HAD to have one. I started calling dealers right after that and only one dealer took me seriously, which ironically was the closest SVT dealer to me, only 7 miles away. Those that I called either claimed to know nothing or would not even discuss it yet.

On 9/8/05, I called for an update and the SVT manager said they started taking deposits the week before and had one unit left (out of three total units to be allocated). I left work immediately to give him the dough ($1K deposit required) and get my contract, with the promise that I could order it to my spec and they would commit to pricing in writing once the MSRP was published.

On June 2nd, I got the DORA and the PSDS really kicked in. The dealer was great throughout, no games, kept me updated and offered to deliver it to the house if I desired. The ADM was also in my view reasonable compared to what has been going on elsewhere, especially since I could order it myself. Fully loaded but no Sirius. The service is great but the antenna is so ugly (one man's opinion) I just couldn't do it.

Fast forward 9 months later and delivery day turned out to be the best day of the year so far here in Massachusetts. We had no snow in my area for about three weeks with several days of rain so the roads were clear enough to drive. I went to pick it up with the SVT manager at the holding area and backed the car out of their garage with 2 miles on the odometer. Put 80 awesome miles on it on Delivery Day and returned it to the garage where the next two days MA proceeded to get hit with an ice/snow Noreaster and now won't be able to drive for probably another three weeks anyway. Sitting in it is just fine for now,..at least its home rather than having to medicate my PSDS with vodka and stangsunleashed. The wife thinks I'm nuts but she knew what she was getting into.

- The car can make anyone look good - even me. I passed a neighbor on the street who I've known for 5 years and have stopped to say hello to in every one of my vehicles over the years. I stopped to say hello and she did not recognize me at first because I looked "like a rock star".

I can't thank everyone on this site enough. Most knowledgeable place on the web. I appreciate all the education and look forward to getting together on our first NE gathering.

Your Shelby is hot, congrats. I was reading your post and the dates you were mentioning, deposit, etc. all sounded very similar. Was Sunnyside your dealership? Just curious because I missed out on their last Shelby by one day. I could have ordered mine with them had the customer not put their deposit that day. I could have saved $5K also on the premium. Just curious, the main thing is we both have our Shelby's now and that's all that matters. I'm taking my Shelby out of winter storage soon, very soon. Hope to see yours in person. I've been undecided where I want to go on fathers day, N.H. or CT. I hate they all have them at the same weekend. I've never been to N.H. car show and I like the CT. show and where it's a Shelby show, I'll probably go there. I've always wanted to get in a line of other Mustangs and drive as a group. I know it sounds gay, but who cares. Happy Pony Trails. HA! HA!

Your Shelby is hot, congrats. I was reading your post and the dates you were mentioning, deposit, etc. all sounded very similar. Was Sunnyside your dealership? Just curious because I missed out on their last Shelby by one day. I could have ordered mine with them had the customer not put their deposit that day. I could have saved $5K also on the premium. Just curious, the main thing is we both have our Shelby's now and that's all that matters. I'm taking my Shelby out of winter storage soon, very soon. Hope to see yours in person. I've been undecided where I want to go on fathers day, N.H. or CT. I hate they all have them at the same weekend. I've never been to N.H. car show and I like the CT. show and where it's a Shelby show, I'll probably go there. I've always wanted to get in a line of other Mustangs and drive as a group. I know it sounds gay, but who cares. Happy Pony Trails. HA! HA!

It was Jannell Ford in Hanover, MA. Funny thing is the guy in front of me backed out and I was offered his, Vista Blue w/white last August. Beautiful car and was very hard to pass up but but if I wanted blue, I would have ordered blue!

That actually would be cool to get us in a line....I'd be into going to either and I'm sure we could get a few others to hook up on the caravan. I'd really like to see other colors, I've only seen the white w/blue (at Herb Chambers Ford w/$45K ADM!!!) and bluew/white. Really want to see Alloy, Grey (had an '85 with that color) and GO in person.

Nice day today here on the south shore,..very tempting to take it out today, but must be patient!

It was Jannell Ford in Hanover, MA. Funny thing is the guy in front of me backed out and I was offered his, Vista Blue w/white last August. Beautiful car and was very hard to pass up but but if I wanted blue, I would have ordered blue!

That actually would be cool to get us in a line....I'd be into going to either and I'm sure we could get a few others to hook up on the caravan. I'd really like to see other colors, I've only seen the white w/blue (at Herb Chambers Ford w/$45K ADM!!!) and bluew/white. Really want to see Alloy, Grey (had an '85 with that color) and GO in person.

Nice day today here on the south shore,..very tempting to take it out today, but must be patient!

I know the white Shelby Herb had for $90K very well. I work in Braintree and drove past it every night while I was waiting for mine last year. My co-worker inquired about it. That was my first Shelby I saw in person.

I couldn't hold back any longer. It's been sitting in my garage all winter. I brought mine to work tonight, so if you see me in the morning give me a toot.

I have seen pictures of a pony parade and think it's great. I drove past one last year in Canton. About six old and new Mustangs. Too bad I had my Escape.

Congratulations!

I was never a fan of the color red but I have to say

on the Shelbys, it looks just right!

Hope to see it around this summer.

It was nice to see someone local get a car for reasonable money.

As a "valued repeat customer" of Chambers (Westboro) I was disappointed in the

deal he was offering.

He was definately squeezing my grapes for all the money.

Went to MO instead and on the way back, stopped in to show them

I had done much better elswhere.

Congratulations!

I was never a fan of the color red but I have to say

on the Shelbys, it looks just right!

Hope to see it around this summer.

It was nice to see someone local get a car for reasonable money.

As a "valued repeat customer" of Chambers (Westboro) I was disappointed in the

deal he was offering.

He was definately squeezing my grapes for all the money.

Went to MO instead and on the way back, stopped in to show them

I had done much better elswhere.

Thanks. This is the first red car I have ever had and like you, I never really cared for them either. Until of course I saw a red GT500....!!

Like most of you, the absurd ADMs really ticked me off. I couldn't help but give someone a hard time at Herb. I asked for the sales manager about the car and after I asked him "you can't be serious,...you'll never get it". After a few lines of BS (limited production, one year only, collectors car now, blahblahblah) he actually said, "well this is Herb's car and if he can get this he'll sell", which I then relpied,. "arn't all these cars Herb's?"

Jannell is a great dealer and I very much recommend them if you need a new Ford.

Love the blue and grey. The more I look at it, the better it looks.

If you want to see an alloy one, I'll have mine at the Father's day show in Nashua, NH. www.nhmustangclub.com click on events for directions and location

congratulations Hussman . It's amazing how most all of us GT500 owners share the same excitement with this car.From the moment we first laid eyes on it in concept form all though the ordering & build process and up to the day it finally arrives.

Maybe we can hook up sometime in the spring or summer. we'll have to see where the North East get together will take place.

I might take mine to the Mustangs unlimited car show I think it's April 29th east of Hartford,CT.

Spring is here !

See you at the show svtbird91, I go to that show too. I'll have my camera with me so make sure your car is clean!! :D

Oh My Goodness Congratulations that car is a 'Beauty'. :drop: Red is my favorite color you will enjoy it. I also own a 2004 Red Mustang and love it. Hey when you head over here to Connecticut to the car shows, don't forget to pick up a passenger?? :shift: :burnout: :stop:

Archived