TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Well I have had number 84 for 5 months now and have been worried about something bad happening. My wife had not driven the car until last night. She took a friend of ours for a ride to pick up some food and she hit a curb breaking the front chin spoiler. Anyone have thoughts on who I should contact at Shelby to start the process on getting the car fixed?

I remember when the GT350 was first released to the press. Amy was giving an interview and she mentioned how the front spoiler lip was designed to be easily taken off and replaced because of how low the car was. I think you are in very good shape with this injury. You may be able to get one that's already painted. If not, matching will be no problem. Tell your wife to get some sleep!

Thank you everyone for your input/advice. I will reach out to the good folks at Shelby next week. Took the car out today and when I got home the wife was happy that I am driving it...she is still shaken and feels really bad about the whole incident. Well now that 84 has had it's first bruise I wlll not worry so much about the car remaining blemish free. By the way this will be my sons car some day and I am betting he will have more bumps with her than I will. These cars are certainly meant to be driven ...it just hurts to see the broken. Happy 4th everyone!

If it's just the bottom lip, it's meant to be replaceable. I actually asked SAI for an extra one a while back (for this very reason!) and was told there weren't any "extras" right now but they'd let me know when there were. I'm guessing that they're using them all for the new builds. Your case might be different due to damage.

Anyway, not to worry, when it's replaced, no one will ever know the difference!

John

Its tin and tires, shes ok and feels like crap. Fix the car and put her back on the horse that threw her, Kids Papaw trusted my wife with his real 289 Cobra, various 60s era GT 350s, 500s and KRs, he always said, if it breaks we'll figure out how to fix it. All my kids have driven my Hertz, 09 500 and 69 GT 500, including my 14 1/2 year old daughter ( shes attending driving school driving a 96 Cobra )

If the whole family can't enjoy it its a waste! Remember having to tell my dad I crashed his 67 427 Vette I snuck out, together learned how to do fiberglass repair. Just one more great story about a car your family can learn to love, or grow to hate.

Doc Scott

I broke mine off on the track hitting a cone...it happens...

I removed the rest of it, and frankly it looked GREAT without that even there.

It took me several months to get it replaced, but now it is good as new, and I use allen screws instead of rivets so it can be removed or changed out easily.:shoppingcart_:

Yeah, got ahold of Roger, then Wendy sent me the parts, and I took them to my local shop and we put them on there. Not a hard fix by any stretch. Grinding the ends of the rivets was the hardest part.

Archived