TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is this real?

I suppose almost any car could be a rental, even 1968 GT350. Nice find, but the pictures seem weird- almost as if they were taken with a 40 year old camera. Damn, reserve not met at $75,000.

19680038.jpg

19680041.jpg

Nice car but the pics are very green (tint wise).

Just a crappy camera and or computer scan...that car is the very popular "Lime Gold", even though it is what today on the new gen cars is Legend Lime, the official name is Lime Gold, my father had a 67 GT-A Fastback in the same color, and Ford made more Mustangs in that color than any other...about 15 years ago i passed on a car just like this, a automatic '68 350 in Lime with saddle...for only 17k... :finger: epic FAIL, should have bought it just to $$$ flip it, but at that time, to me had had three strikes, automatic, 350 (the '68 350's were/are the least powerful Shelby Mustang ever), and the saddle interior....of course, with age comes wisdom :doh:

I never knew that Hertz had a Lime Gold 350 in their fleet. WOW I love learning new SHELBY FACTS.

Thanks for verifng this Robert.

Wish I had the loot to buy it

I have seen a red 69 as well. While they exist, anyone buying them should make sure they are well documented

I never knew that Hertz had a Lime Gold 350 in their fleet. WOW I love learning new SHELBY FACTS.

Thanks for verifng this Robert.

Wish I had the loot to buy it

You and me, both, Chad. My question is this: Why would anyone sell on eBay (like this beautiful and unusual find!), if you can haul it off to Barrett-Jackson and, I think, have someone do a little better job at selling it for you and get a better price? Of course you have to pay the what? 10% commision or whatever Barrett-Jackson charges? But you can tack the 10% on to a reserve you put on the price of your car, if you choose to as well, and if your car doesn't sell, take it home. I always wondered about that.

• 2 years later...

Seriously though, is this some kind of scam or something? As far as I know, even if your ebay listing expires an you relist (for 2.5 years in this case), it gets a new listing number and the old link would say "this listing has ended". This is very suspicious to me... not the car so much, but the listing itself. Something isn't right here.

That is what I first posted, then I figured out that the bay is using old links to take you to the search function.

That old link gives you a search for GT350 Hertz.

Archived