TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 GT500 new wheels

Very cool look! I really like the grill "wings" on the snake. Are those available now?

Yes but not from Shelby.

Look great! What were the front and back set up? Where did U get wheels

20x9.5 and 20x11

Nitto NT05 275/35/20 and 315/35/20.

03 DSG-

Hey man, those wheels look diamonds on your car with the color stripe! I really like them on your color car. I`m not too sure they would work on just any car?

Those Canadian wing inserts look great too!!

Chris

Nice, very nice. I've had my eyes on those HRE Monoblock wheels for quite some time. They look great on your Tungsten GT500. Great choice. Really unique and one of the few wheels that are worthy of replacing the Alcoas.

Did you do paint your coil covers or are those purchased?

I just opened this out of curiosity and was burning time, but WOW! Those HREs are IT on your car! Very sublime, great lines! I like those much better than Alcoas.

Do you know the weight?

I just opened this out of curiosity and was burning time, but WOW! Those HREs are IT on your car! Very sublime, great lines! I like those much better than Alcoas.

Do you know the weight?

I started to weigh them vs. the Alcoas when I was swapping the rims over, but in my excitement to get the new ones on I didn't put as much effort into weighing them as I had wanted.

The front wheels + tires were maybe 8-10 lbs lighter each vs. the Alcoa wheels and tires, and the rears were about 10-12lbs lighter (Alcoas were widened to 11.75" and had 335s). All in all it was a nice bit of rotating mass savings. :shift:

how does it hook?

looks awesome

The NT05s are pretty solid on the street, but I haven't pushed them too far yet.

On the road course they GRIP.

Thanks for all the compliments. I'm going to use this smilie because it looks new. :sing_rain:

I was smitten by the HRE Monoblocks when I first saw them on the Steeda Street Fighter Mustang. They are my favorite wheel, but don't think I can afford them.

Do you happen to know the offset and backspacing spec for the front and rears?

I was smitten by the HRE Monoblocks when I first saw them on the Steeda Street Fighter Mustang. They are my favorite wheel, but don't think I can afford them.

Do you happen to know the offset and backspacing spec for the front and rears?

That's exactly what pushed me over the edge. I have wanted a set of HRE wheels for years, and after seeing the Steeda Street Fighter at numerous shows for about 2 years I decided to finally bite the bullet.

Not sure on the specs, I let HRE use what they found to be best. Sizes and tires are the same as the Steeda car.

• 3 weeks later...

Great video, that's one great track. I'd love to drive that track. Passing the Vette is icing on the cake. That's just one great post man, just well, great.

Thank you sir. I had a blast driving the GT500 on the big track. I hadn't had it on there since it was bone stock. :shoppingcart_:

Archived