TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 GT-H

John Canfield

I wonder if it will be a pre-title car like the 2006-07s were? I understood that after the SGT, H, and KR, there were not going to be any more Mustangs from Vegas except

for the post title conversions. Should be interesting.

Interesting article. Lets hope they have them ready for the 50th. I'll be sure to rent one this time.

I wonder if it will be a pre-title car like the 2006-07s were? I understood that after the SGT, H, and KR, there were not going to be any more Mustangs from Vegas except

I thought the same things, although there's no reason that it can't be post-title car, just done en masse from Hertz.

Wish there was a way to rent one for Carlisle next year!

I thought the same things, although there's no reason that it can't be post-title car, just done en masse from Hertz.

Wish there was a way to rent one for Carlisle next year!

If they have them by then, contact me. The closest major market that would have them would be DC. It's about a 3 hour drive to Carlisle from DC.

The 50th at Carlisle is going to be a hell of an event !

Great idea; I hope a few six speeds are made.

WOW!!! That looks really nice and that engine platform will have enough oomph to hold it's own,thirst 5.0L engines are reaching unheard of HP with just basic bolt ons. Although not the best thing and possibly costly (replacing clutches) I hope there will be some manual models offered to rent. Verts will look awesome. :shift:

Although I suspect the manuals, if any, will be as rare as the '06/'07 stick shift Hertz cars, sadly. I would like to see a nice HP bump even though the stock 5.0 is strong in it's own right. It wold give Shelby the most powerful rental car ever in the Hertz fleet. Right now I think that title goes to the '08 (?) Vettes that they had as part of their fun collection. The GTS program probably will contribute to the GT-H program, although I could see some GT/CS parts making their way in as well. Just not the wheels, please, since they seem to preclude the good brakes and gears...both of which the new GT-H should certainly have.

You did have to bring that up eh Erik? :) Actually, the 06-07's were not pre-title, well, sort of, but not really. More like mid-title..... Hertz did buy the Mustangs from Ford and did take ownership of them in Vegas before the conversion to GT-H's. Hertz paid Shelby for the conversion packages. Now the cars were not titled by Hertz until they arrived in the states where they served for rental duty, but they did own them before Shelby converted them. So no reason that the same thing could not be done again.

Maybe they'll have them ready to rent from Hertz for the 50th Anniv BASH :shift:

That's what I was thinking also!! I'm guessing that Hertz in Vegas would catch on to that pretty quickly with all the instant reservations once the weekend was announced...... :hysterical:

If production looks anything like the concept I'll have to get a bigger house...lol..

Actually timing would probably be perfect as I'm looking to move further out of the city within the next year or so regardless..so....what's one extra garage...lol..

I'd hunt down a white and gold stripe one for sure....I think that would look just perfect...

I actually saw an original this past weekend with the white and gold stripes at a show in Mississauga Ontario..what a beautiful combination.

I had the gold stripes on my CS6 before I installed the factory graphics and it was good enough to get a four page run in Mustang Enthusiast.

That hood looks perfect if they can pull it off and the GT350 front fascia I've always liked...but....they do need some added performance as well..

The CS6 almost became the last Hertz car which would have been a great balance of handling and performance..lets hope this time they go for broke and outfit this thing full bore...

Guys...you have my attention...

Let's hope that Hertz changes its rental requirements. I tried to rent a GT-H back in 06 and you had to have flown in on a round trip ticket to rent one. I had reserved one in Boston on my return from LA, spent an hour between the shuttle ride, the line, and getting qualified only to be told that I had to have a round trip ticket and be on the first part of the trip to be able to rent. :banghead: Boy was I ticked.

Guess they did not want anyone reprising the old rent and race for the weekend of the originals. :D

I think I am going to have to relive my 35th Birthday week which was in June of 2008. I went to San Fransico for a week we were lucky enough to rent 07GTH355, drove that beast down the coastal highway to Monterey to see the aquarium, drove it all over San Fran; tried to repeat the scenes in the movie Bullet. Actually renting #355 is what fueled my passion for Shelbys. This is GREAT News

You did have to bring that up eh Erik? :) Actually, the 06-07's were not pre-title, well, sort of, but not really. More like mid-title..... Hertz did buy the Mustangs from Ford and did take ownership of them in Vegas before the conversion to GT-H's. Hertz paid Shelby for the conversion packages. Now the cars were not titled by Hertz until they arrived in the states where they served for rental duty, but they did own them before Shelby converted them. So no reason that the same thing could not be done again.

Thanks, Jeff. This is something I didn't know. Thanks for the clarification. :salute:

That's funny, how did it work out? Did ya catch some air followed by a nice bottoming out/scraping sound?

QSS

It worked out awesome and every time I would do a little jump Savannah would say WWWHHHEEEEEEEE

Black or white, eh?

Well -- I'm not all that much enamored of striping on cars, no offense intended -- but ...

I guess the color key and dimensions for Shelby gold stripes must be around here somewhere. I'm really tempted do do both mine with gold H-style stripes. Something about both schemes -- white with gold and black with gold -- really tickles my taste-buds.

Oh boy...........go get em !!!!! Hope this one makes it to production. This would be huge for Shelby American. I like it! :rant2:

I am not excited about this production as it has no power or suspension upgrades.. It is just a cosmetic change to a stock 5.0 GT. PAint and facia. That is it. It looks like it is the replacement for the Fun Car Mustangs at Hertz now which are stock 5.0 GT models in Kona blue with a white Super Snake center stripe. Just a more fun rental than the usual six cylinder sport rentals. Sorta like they did with the Fun Car rental Corvette ZH which is just a yellow with black stripe base Corvette that replaced the first Shelby GTH series.

I am not excited about this production as it has no power or suspension upgrades.. It is just a cosmetic change to a stock 5.0 GT. PAint and facia. That is it. It looks like it is the replacement for the Fun Car Mustangs at Hertz now which are stock 5.0 GT models in Kona blue with a white Super Snake center stripe. Just a more fun rental than the usual six cylinder sport rentals. Sorta like they did with the Fun Car rental Corvette ZH which is just a yellow with black stripe base Corvette that replaced the first Shelby GTH series.

Where are you reading that there would be no suspension or power upgrades?

Debbie Downer here......... :hysterical:

How does this car `fit-in`to the overall PLAN? Thus far, SVT, Ford and SAI have planned out every single introduction to coincide with a heritage anniversary of sorts. This would NOT line-up with the `66 or 2006 cars? Although, I guess the `07 Verts. weren`t exactly commemorative of anything either???? :headscratch:

Nonetheless, I don`t see this having the impact the `06 cars did...the love isn`t being felt this time around. JMHO. The Camaro is the show stealer this year and all eyes are on it now. It would be too little too late, IMO to do another GT-H. Oh sure...it would get rented, by us...the faithful, but that`s not the ultimate goal here, is it?

Sorry guys...

Archived