TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 shelby gt350

It has been an issue a few of us have had. Mine did the same thing.

Thats why I always tell everyone taking delivery to test drive the car, and check for that.....its a whole lot easier for SA to help you out on an issue if the car is still there.

Dubbs let me ask you... or anyone else who owns a 350.. at very low speeds is your suspension creaky.. sounds like a old school spring bed.. during well.. ya know...normal? needs to be broken in?

I do get the suspension noise and have had this on many other cars that have eibach suspensions. I have not though twice about it but if Dubbs is not getting any noise it might just be he is driving too fast to hear it over the Borlas or his Jay-Z tunes are too loud. :hysterical:

Thats why I always tell everyone taking delivery to test drive the car, and check for that.....its a whole lot easier for SA to help you out on an issue if the car is still there.

I actually had this issue at delivery but it was the rear. I did notice it during my test drive (thanks Warren) and Shelby (Craig) fixed it pronto before my 3200 mile drive home.

Hi What did you do to fix it

If the brakes are not properly seated they can warp the rotors. I had an in depth discussion with Baer at Mid America, and another thing they warn about is when the rotor is mounted to the center plate, if it isn't done correctly, that could also warp the rotors.

I don't know if there are factory defects. It's hard to know what might go wrong in the process.

If the brakes are not properly seated they can warp the rotors. I had an in depth discussion with Baer at Mid America, and another thing they warn about is when the rotor is mounted to the center plate, if it isn't done correctly, that could also warp the rotors.

I don't know if there are factory defects. It's hard to know what might go wrong in the process.

Sorry I am just a little confused.

So you pay the money and have your car ready for pick but only to take it home to find out there are pending issues.

Wouldn't Shelby test drive the car and check before delivery? The brake problem sounds like a Shelby issue and that they are not mounted correctly and if not then when why would shelby recommend the setup if they are having issues with it.

I am just lost that they do not make both a physical and drive inspection prior to handing over the keys?

So you pay the money and have your car ready for pick but only to take it home to find out there are pending issues.

Wouldn't Shelby test drive the car and check before delivery? The brake problem sounds like a Shelby issue and that they are not mounted correctly and if not then when why would shelby recommend the setup if they are having issues with it.

I am just lost that they do not make both a physical and drive inspection prior to handing over the keys?

Valid comment.

Well, that's why I indicated there could be several factors that cause it. There is no way to know how it happened after the fact for certain, so it could be anything. We can't assume SA has done anything wrong, just as we can't assume driver error at the onset. It's a tough issue to deal with, especially after your car leaves the shop. Shelby has done me and the couple others with issues right and helped us get it fixed.

My vibration was only apparent under hard braking. How much of a test do you want some guy at Shelby doing with your brand new 70k (possibly for display only) gt350. I think SA is handling it just right.

I'm buying a 90k Mustang. Those sum-bitches better test drive my ride a few times before they let it get on the car hauler.

Well, that's why I indicated there could be several factors that cause it. There is no way to know how it happened after the fact for certain, so it could be anything. We can't assume SA has done anything wrong, just as we can't assume driver error at the onset. It's a tough issue to deal with, especially after your car leaves the shop. Shelby has done me and the couple others with issues right and helped us get it fixed.

My vibration was only apparent under hard braking. How much of a test do you want some guy at Shelby doing with your brand new 70k (possibly for display only) gt350. I think SA is handling it just right.

I had a couple of minor issues and I must say SA called me within seconds of my email and jumped on it. Outstanding support from Steve Mansell.

Dubbs let me ask you... or anyone else who owns a 350.. at very low speeds is your suspension creaky.. sounds like a old school spring bed.. during well.. ya know...normal? needs to be broken in?

This happened to me last weekend. The suspension noise came from my rear left wheel area. It did sound like a rusty spring! I was only going 10-15 mph during a "cruse night" event. My car only has 1,350 miles on it and it has not been raced. This was the first time I heard the noise. If others are experiencing the same noise, SA will need to look into it. I have already contacted SA about my experience.

I'm buying a 90k Mustang. Those sum-bitches better test drive my ride a few times before they let it get on the car hauler.

My suggestion would be to call them on the phone and discuss the test procedure that you want. I’m sure Gary Patterson would love to take your car for a “spin”.

All cars are road tested. Some more than once. Vendors have parts issues too! When we find them or are made aware of them we address them. I do know that the Eibach coil over suspension is not quiet. Under certain angles it will creak or groan. Nothing wrong with the suspension at all.

They are custom hand build cars and there will be minor issues that could appear. All GT 350's are covered under Ford Warranty. Naturally aspirated vehicles retain the entire Ford Motor Co. warranty. 525 HP vehicles all is covered except the Supercharger which is covered under the Ford Racing 12/12 warranty. 624 HP cars void their power train only.

Hope this information helps. Give us a call on issues you may be having and we will address them.

Roger

My suggestion would be to call them on the phone and discuss the test procedure that you want. I’m sure Gary Patterson would love to take your car for a “spin”.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Ahhhhhh.......................no...............don't do that! :)

Roger

• 4 weeks later...

All cars are road tested. Some more than once. Vendors have parts issues too! When we find them or are made aware of them we address them. I do know that the Eibach coil over suspension is not quiet. Under certain angles it will creak or groan. Nothing wrong with the suspension at all.

They are custom hand build cars and there will be minor issues that could appear. All GT 350's are covered under Ford Warranty. Naturally aspirated vehicles retain the entire Ford Motor Co. warranty. 525 HP vehicles all is covered except the Supercharger which is covered under the Ford Racing 12/12 warranty. 624 HP cars void their power train only.

Hope this information helps. Give us a call on issues you may be having and we will address them.

Roger

Hi Roger

Just hanging out there on the sidelines and watching.

Correct me if I am wrong. Rule of thumb is probably to wait and let SA work out all the bugs and issues with the current vehicles not to mention vendor parts and then 2013 would be a better time to take that leap of faith.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks.

Hi Roger

Just hanging out there on the sidelines and watching.

Correct me if I am wrong. Rule of thumb is probably to wait and let SA work out all the bugs and issues with the current vehicles not to mention vendor parts and then 2013 would be a better time to take that leap of faith.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks.

I NEVER buy the first production year of ANY car. That said I think everyone should wait until at least 2015 to buy a gt350. The less that are made, the more valuable mine will be in 30 years!

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking into getting one of these. the first problem i have is with everything i want im looking at close to 80k when i could fork over another 15k and get a super snake. the 350 looks amazing no doubt in my mind the physical appearance is better. however i have seen several posts on the forum about problems that are issues with quality testing. for instances the biggest one i have seen is the issue with the tail pipe saggin as much as two inches! i love ford and have been a fan of shelby.. but for a mustang the price of two mustangs i should have a well checked over vehicle. obviously part defects happen. but something like pipe sagging that has been brought up and still happens is a problem. if i was to be doing upgrades to vehicles for a premium price i would not want to have to redo it or listen to the complaint calls.

I am looking into getting one of these. the first problem i have is with everything i want im looking at close to 80k when i could fork over another 15k and get a super snake. the 350 looks amazing no doubt in my mind the physical appearance is better. however i have seen several posts on the forum about problems that are issues with quality testing. for instances the biggest one i have seen is the issue with the tail pipe saggin as much as two inches! i love ford and have been a fan of shelby.. but for a mustang the price of two mustangs i should have a well checked over vehicle. obviously part defects happen. but something like pipe sagging that has been brought up and still happens is a problem. if i was to be doing upgrades to vehicles for a premium price i would not want to have to redo it or listen to the complaint calls.

Carl,

There were two things that bothered me about the build and initial ownership process. First was that the initial buyers had no idea how long it was going to take to get their cars. Now everyone pretty much knows based on the first group of buyers...a long time! Second was the tail pipes. But in comparison to the first, that was really insignificant. It was a quick fix and SAI was easy to deal with in getting it fixed. I don't know if they have a solution during the build now or not (it hasn't come up in a while), but it was a simple matter of taking the car to a local speed shop - in my case - and having the exhaust guy tighten up and spot weld the system. It has been fine since. Besides, I was able to take a look under the care and had the rear end painted while it was up in the air.

If you want a great car, this is it...don't let the tail pipe issue be a deal breaker. Just resign yourself to a fairly lengthy wait and you'll be okay.

John

GT350 Tailpiperesize.jpg

GT350 Tailpiperesize.jpg

Carl,

There were two things that bothered me about the build and initial ownership process. First was that the initial buyers had no idea how long it was going to take to get their cars. Now everyone pretty much knows based on the first group of buyers...a long time! Second was the tail pipes. But in comparison to the first, that was really insignificant. It was a quick fix and SAI was easy to deal with in getting it fixed. I don't know if they have a solution during the build now or not (it hasn't come up in a while), but it was a simple matter of taking the car to a local speed shop - in my case - and having the exhaust guy tighten up and spot weld the system. It has been fine since. Besides, I was able to take a look under the care and had the rear end painted while it was up in the air.

If you want a great car, this is it...don't let the tail pipe issue be a deal breaker. Just resign yourself to a fairly lengthy wait and you'll be okay.

John

john what would your opinion be on the transmission? i know that the 11 gt's had problems. did they fix this for 2012? i know that if not i can definitely be putting away money for my transmission fund :)

john what would your opinion be on the transmission? i know that the 11 gt's had problems. did they fix this for 2012? i know that if not i can definitely be putting away money for my transmission fund :)

No idea on the '12's. But depending on which build you get, you may have a full warranty through Ford. I have the N/A motor so I have the 3/36 warranty and if I want to extend it to 72 months I found a dealer on line that'll do it for less than $500...and that's the Premium package, full coverage.

Archived