TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CAI - Looking for anyone with a Cobrajet 123 MAF

NMAv

I just got a CJ 123 MM MAF as part of my overall bigger is better, faster is even better than that project. Prior to upgrading my SC I am (amongst other things) putting in a bigger MAF. I spoke with Van @ Revan and we decided to go with the CJ 123 as I wanted to stay Ford as much as possible. Well now I really don't have any way to get all this hooked up and working as the existing MAF attaches directly to the air filter enclosure. So if in order ot utilize the new CJ MAF it would appear I need a new filter aseembly, ported filter enclosure and tube that goes from the other end of the MAF to towards the TB. I can't seem to find part numbers for any of these items - everything says the CJ 123 is a 2008 part (says nothing about 2011s) but I see if work sale all over the place for 2011 so ..... does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get the missing parts or am I really better going with the JLT unit and being done with it?

Here are a few pictures to help explain what I'm talking about

.post-31592-0-20426100-1309236337_thumb.jpg

post-31592-0-26135500-1309236351_thumb.jpg

post-31592-0-20426100-1309236337_thumb.jpg

post-31592-0-26135500-1309236351_thumb.jpg

I have the Vortech 123mm kit, but Vortech does sell the tube assembly separate from the MAF/filter. You could then pick up a generic filter to fit yours. Don't know if this'd work, but could be worth checking into (I'm using an AEM 6"x9" dry weave filter).

574d22af.jpg

I have the Vortech 123mm kit, but Vortech does sell the tube assembly separate from the MAF/filter. You could then pick up a generic filter to fit yours. Don't know if this'd work, but could be worth checking into (I'm using an AEM 6"x9" dry weave filter).

574d22af.jpg

Did you cut your original air box? I will check out the Vortech tube. Thanks.

SC will be the TVS 2.3, probably the non- VMP as I will have a dangerously high amount of boost if I went that route. A 123 mm MAF should be good up into the 900 hp range I would suspect.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Seems I need to rethink the route I've taken as the Cobrajet just won't cut it in the 2011. There appear to be numerous nice options out there for packaged units that include the new box, snorkle and MAF for a "reasonable" price.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Seems I need to rethink the route I've taken as the Cobrajet just won't cut it in the 2011. There appear to be numerous nice options out there for packaged units that include the new box, snorkle and MAF for a "reasonable" price.

Hi NMAV,

I BELIEVE CJPONY PARTS AND LETHAL PERFORMANCE WILL HAVE THE PARTS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR,

THAT's where I purchased my parts. If your look at my signature I have all the same parts you are looking to purchase.

SCOTTY G.

Archived