TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ugly pulleys going back on?

Jer

My SGT will be getting the Whipple 550 installed at Shelby's speed shop soon. Gill said my Steeda underdrive pulleys have to go, and the originals will be reinstalled.

I know there is a better crank pulley/balancer for the GT500, what about the 4.6?

It would be the right time to do it, agreed?

If not, maybe a cleaning, POR-15 treatment, and paint, at least?

This rusty thing matches the rearend housing!

hysterical.gif

Jer

Maybe polish or powdercoat them?

Thought about it.

I just don't know how much you can mess with 'em before you throw off their physical properties to a point where it'll matter.

Is it an issue?

Also, if a lighter crank damper is better, I'd be interested, unless the Whipple tune won't like it.

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the budget I love my Innovators West crank pulley and have Thump RRR Racing pulleys and tensioners

Andrew

Thanks, guys. Budget's not an issue, I just want the car to be bulletproof. I'm a big fan of quality engineering. I'll look into this stuff after I get the car back.

I AM getting the Shelby "pulley support plate" installed as part of the build.

Jer

Upgrade to the Metco billet 4.6 set. Not ugly anymore! :) Also add the tensioner support brace.

Roger

I'll do that in my garage next week, if I get the car back. The Steeda ones look nice, too. I may also add the Shelby fuel rails.

By the way, the tech working on my car recommended the brace. I said, "yeah, it's on my work order..." He said, "Nobody told me to put that on". So, we'll see. <sigh>

Jer

Thanks, guys. Budget's not an issue, I just want the car to be bulletproof. I'm a big fan of quality engineering. I'll look into this stuff after I get the car back.

I AM getting the Shelby "pulley support plate" installed as part of the build.

Jer

That is what I did. Roger recommended it while my car was being turned into a GT/SC, so I did it. In fact the car was already SC'd and had to be wheeled back in to the mod shop and torn apart and the Shelby branded pulley support plate installed, that is how much he looks out for your car. I would take his recommendations, he knows his stuff on these cars.

That is what I did. Roger recommended it while my car was being turned into a GT/SC, so I did it. In fact the car was already SC'd and had to be wheeled back in to the mod shop and torn apart and the Shelby branded pulley support plate installed, that is how much he looks out for your car. I would take his recommendations, he knows his stuff on these cars.

Cool, thanks for the info.

At this point, the silence is killing me. Still no word.

Jer

• 6 months later...

Jer,

FYI

Check out he FnSweet forums

http://www.fnsweet.com/forums/forum.php

look for Carmen "redfire427"

He makes custom ordered polished billet pulleys for blowers, uncertain about crank & accessory pulleys, but what he makes is crazy nice

Larry

Jer,

FYI

Check out he FnSweet forums

http://www.fnsweet.c...orums/forum.php

look for Carmen "redfire427"

He makes custom ordered polished billet pulleys for blowers, uncertain about crank & accessory pulleys, but what he makes is crazy nice

Larry

As of Novemeber of 2011 Carmen changed jobs and no longer has access to the machinery to make them, last I knew Stage 3 Motorsports was the last to have inventory of Carmen pulleys.

http://www.stage3mot...scontinued.html

From Nov 13, 2011

Kerry,

Unfortunately, I resigned from the company where I was making the pulleys and plaques and do not have the ability to produce anything at this time. Oddly enough, I am starting my new job tomorrow. If an opportunity presents itself at some point down the road where I access to the equipment needed to make some parts, I may do it on a limited basis. Time will tell.

Carmen

-------------------

Archived