TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07XL0235 is on the road!

Arrived at SAI today to receive my 40th back from Shelby! Looks, sounds, and drives great... no power mods, just the base package! John Luft presented me my "new" 40th!

th_IMG_8108-1-1.jpg th_2011-06-27_13-38-15_85.jpg th_IMG_8105.jpg

Only issue today was a completely dead battery... wouldnt take/hold a charge at all.

Took the regular tour, signed my name on the wall th_2011-06-27_10-58-16_602-1.jpg, then met up with Robert who took me for an inside the shop tour while my battery was getting swapped out! Very cool!

#235 isn't the last, but pretty close. Best I could tell from the non-specific answers to my direct question of "how many more?"....is there are 2 to go. Both red like mine.

Not sure how to post pics from mobile, but will try soon! Now to get on the road eastbound, after I put on my new plates.

th_2011-06-27_13-38-58_938-1.jpg

============== UPDATE ==================

Knocked out 1950+ miles on the 3-day trip back, turned 25k miles on my '07 Shelby! Only other Shelby on the road the entire way was this guy...

th_IMG_8134-1.jpg th_2011-06-28_08-16-34_187.jpg

Proud to be a new member of Team 40TH!

Keith

THANKS MUCH! Already having fun;-)

Is there a way to post mobile pics? Someone clue me in and I will add a couple.

THANKS MUCH! Already having fun;-)

Is there a way to post mobile pics? Someone clue me in and I will add a couple.

Arrived at SAI today to receive my 40th back from Shelby! Looks, sounds, and drives great... no power mods, just the base package!

Only issue today was a completely dead battery... wouldnt take/hold a charge at all.

Took the regular tour, signed my name on the wall, then met up with Robert who took me for an inside the shop tour while my battery was getting swapped out! Very cool!

#235 isn't the last, but pretty close. Best I could tell from the non-specific answers to my direct question of "how many more?"....is there are 2 to go. Both red like mine.

Not sure how to post pics from mobile, but will try soon! Now to get on the road eastbound.

Keith

Congrats!!! Great timing!!

Today's plan is I-40E Albuquerque to Little Rock, 850+ miles... In a different life I must have been a truck driver!

Sherri, thanks much! Sorry my route didn't bring me down your way... guess we'll meet up at a future 40th event;-)

Sherri, thanks much! Sorry my route didn't bring me down your way... guess we'll meet up at a future 40th event;-)

Dearborn.................. happy%20feet.gif ................ looking like a great 40th turn out and we could use a newly finished Red coupe (wink, wink).

• 2 weeks later...

The round trip from VA to SAI and back to VA is now complete... enjoyed driving my "new" 40th & spending a couple weeks on vacation with family. Now back to work first thing tomorrow!

On the list of afternoon chores is a quick wash and cleanup for my car. Certainly a comprehensive detail is needed in the coming weeks after 5200 miles round trip!

Keith

Archived