TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mixed car run

AstroDan

Hector is having another mixed car run and I'd love for more Shelby's to represent...

We've had a lot of fun on these mixed runs last year and the year before.

We'll again meet up at the East Side of the Sun Valley Mall (East of Sears) at 8:30am on July 16th for a ride down to the Monterey/Carmel area.

(Hector still thinks his SRT10 pickup is fast!)

He is still looking for restaurant suggestions...

Let me know if interested. Please join in!

Dan

(Partial?) list of TS members attending!

AstroDan SGT/SC

SVT Naja GT500

08Jester GT500SS

ShelbyTom GT500

Ceswert GT500

Cali_KR GT500KR

MMcGuirk GT350R(?)

Elkhorn GT500

Snake11 GT500

KAM GT500 40th

Me32 GT500

Nice! OK, where's the rest of the SGT's?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan,

Pencil me in! The Shelby crew had a good time last year with the Mixed Car Run as shown in your thread below. The Monterey/Carmel destination sounds great and there are some fantastic seafood restaurants to be found along (or near) Cannery Row to choose from.

Jim

http://www.teamshelb...un/page__st__20 pics start at post #30

Edit for spelling...

Hector is having another mixed car run and I'd love for more Shelby's to represent...

We'll again meet up at the East Side of the Sun Valley Mall (East of Sears) at 8:30am on July 16th for a ride down to the Monterey/Carmel area.

Dan

Dang, there was a Mexican restaurant where we ate on a previous cruise some time ago. Scott and I will try to figure out where it was. It had plenty of parking and a large room in the back where we ate.

I might be able to make this one.

I would like to meet up somewhere along the way, so I don't have to drive to Concord.

Do you have a rout set yet?

I'm with Tom. Would like to meet up with you guys somewhere else along the way.

Dang, there was a Mexican restaurant where we ate on a previous cruise some time ago. Scott and I will try to figure out where it was. It had plenty of parking and a large room in the back where we ate.

We'll figure something out. I'll get back with you...

Dan

Sounds great. I'm in. Aggie, was the Mexican restaurant the Baja Cantina on Carmel Valley Rd? It's very good and its owner is a big car collector.

Yes on the Baja Cantina....very popular with the car crowd :shift:

Sounds great. I'm in. Aggie, was the Mexican restaurant the Baja Cantina on Carmel Valley Rd? It's very good and its owner is a big car collector.

I will check it out. I would recognize the restuarant if I saw it and I know it was off an outside road, so it possible.

Just wanted to suggest it since I remember that parking or restaurant room wasn't an issue.

Aggie

I might be able to make this one.

I would like to meet up somewhere along the way, so I don't have to drive to Concord.

Do you have a rout set yet?

I am with the Captain here. let's pick a meet up point in San Jose.

Also, I vote for the Baja Cantina. Once you get a head count, you should give them a warning and ETA

Aggie, if you are talking about the one on Cannery Row it is El Torito. It has great parking lot in front of restaurant and is right on Cannery Row. Baja Cantina is on Carmel Valley Road and bit farther away. Only problem with it is a parking lot that shares with other businesses but the owner is pro car person. I have been to the Baja on Thurs. nights and they limit the parking so as not to disrupt the other business so if the other businesses are open then parking for a "car show" can be limited. El Torito lot is pretty big and right on water/Cannery Row with plenty of street parking also but that might also get used up due to "tourist season". We will be in Manteca for Denise's family reunion so might be able to join up somewhere along the way. Just food for thought.Brad

Dan

Dan, see my post to 08Jester about El Torito on Cannery Row and Baja Cantina in Carmel Valley. Also Bubba Gumps on Cannery Row is also a good place but no parking other than on the street.

Aggie, if you are talking about the one on Cannery Row it is El Torito. It has great parking lot in front of restaurant and is right on Cannery Row. Baja Cantina is on Carmel Valley Road and bit farther away. Only problem with it is a parking lot that shares with other businesses but the owner is pro car person. I have been to the Baja on Thurs. nights and they limit the parking so as not to disrupt the other business so if the other businesses are open then parking for a "car show" can be limited. El Torito lot is pretty big and right on water/Cannery Row with plenty of street parking also but that might also get used up due to "tourist season". We will be in Manteca for Denise's family reunion so might be able to join up somewhere along the way. Just food for thought.Brad

Hi Brad.....

Hope you and Denise can make it. It sounds like it is the Baja Cantina. I do remember some other businesses in the area. Also, I am 99% sure the cruise we had was on a Sunday which might explain why we had plenty of parking so not sure what it is like on a Saturday.

I agree Cannery Row might be a bit too busy for all these cars. Just trying to help out with some suggestions.

Aggie

Dan

Hi Dan, my name is Breck (11 Shelby convertible) and I'm from Tucson, AZ. I'll be in the SF area (Sausalito) in mid July and would like to know who to talk to about this run. Could someone please give me a ring at 520-744-1821 or? Thanks for the help. Sounds like a fun run. CULater, Breck

Hi Brad.....

Hope you and Denise can make it. It sounds like it is the Baja Cantina. I do remember some other businesses in the area. Also, I am 99% sure the cruise we had was on a Sunday which might explain why we had plenty of parking so not sure what it is like on a Saturday.

I agree Cannery Row might be a bit too busy for all these cars. Just trying to help out with some suggestions.

Aggie

Baja Cantina might not be too bad on Saturday if the other businesses are closed. If someone wants to give me the go ahead I can go there and see what I can find out. Its only about a 20 min drive from my house, but I should be able to give them some type of idea as to how many might be coming. Glad to see you are talking to me since I wasnt one of the big "winners" at the VMOA show like you were!!!hahaha.

Baja Cantina might not be too bad on Saturday if the other businesses are closed. If someone wants to give me the go ahead I can go there and see what I can find out. Its only about a 20 min drive from my house, but I should be able to give them some type of idea as to how many might be coming. Glad to see you are talking to me since I wasnt one of the big "winners" at the VMOA show like you were!!!hahaha.

Oh come on now..... lol...... Your car is very very nice and I love the color.....

That would be awesome Brad, sounds like everyone seems to be ok with it. Lets see what Dan thinks. I would be happy to arrange the reservations if you guys want.....

I would also be happy to set up a meet location for anybody coming from the North down 680 and the East Bay people. Jim and I have agreat spot to meet up....

Aggie

Oh come on now..... lol...... Your car is very very nice and I love the color.....

That would be awesome Brad, sounds like everyone seems to be ok with it. Lets see what Dan thinks. I would be happy to arrange the reservations if you guys want.....

I would also be happy to set up a meet location for anybody coming from the North down 680 and the East Bay people. Jim and I have agreat spot to meet up....

Aggie

We will be coming from Manteca and could meet with you in Livermore and then to whatever other meet location you decide on for the other Bay Area/SJ area people.

We will be coming from Manteca and could meet with you in Livermore and then to whatever other meet location you decide on for the other Bay Area/SJ area people.

Probably set up one meet spot for East Bay, Central Valley and Northern Calif. people off of 680 in Pleasanton. Easier and quicker....

Aggie

We'll figure something out. I'll get back with you...

Dan

Dan, I just went to the Baja Cantina tonight (7166 Carmel Valley Rd, 93293) and spoke with the owner, Pat Phinny. As luck would have it he has a 66 GT350, and an 09 GT500 Convert and used to live next to Carroll Shelby years ago. Anyway he said that if you let him or Nate or Mary know and he would block off the parking lot for the number of cars that would be attending and even give us a room in the back to be together. He said that he would bring his mustangs also. I told him it would be the 16th and probably for lunch. You can Google Earth the address and see the parking situation (there is a park lot directly next to the place that would be perfect and probably park 30 cars? The phone number is 831-625-2252. Let me know if there is anything else I can do, Brad.

Dan, I just went to the Baja Cantina tonight (7166 Carmel Valley Rd, 93293) and spoke with the owner, Pat Phinny. As luck would have it he has a 66 GT350, and an 09 GT500 Convert and used to live next to Carroll Shelby years ago. Anyway he said that if you let him or Nate or Mary know and he would block off the parking lot for the number of cars that would be attending and even give us a room in the back to be together. He said that he would bring his mustangs also. I told him it would be the 16th and probably for lunch. You can Google Earth the address and see the parking situation (there is a park lot directly next to the place that would be perfect and probably park 30 cars? The phone number is 831-625-2252. Let me know if there is anything else I can do, Brad.

That is awesome Brad..... That was very nice of you to do that, Thank you....

That is awesome Brad..... That was very nice of you to do that, Thank you....

You know me. I am just a nice guy!!! Now maybe next year at the VMOA show you can vote for my car!!!lol

Not bribery, just quid pro quo!

Thanks for the contact info, Brad. I will run this to ground with Hector. (Remember, this is his mixed get-together)

Sounds perfect to me...

Dan

Not bribery, just quid pro quo!

Thanks for the contact info, Brad. I will run this to ground with Hector. (Remember, this is his mixed get-together)

Sounds perfect to me...

Dan

No problem not much else I can do for you or Hector at this point I guess. Will look to see what you decide. brad

I gave all the contact info to Hector this morning. He is going to make the call after it opens this morning. He will get back to me asap.

It looks like this is a perfect venue for us! (Thanks Brad) I will post up when it is confirmed, I look for this today.

Some of us will be meeting up at the Sun Valley mall East of Sears and are still loking for where it would be good to met up with you folks in the San Jose area. We will be coming down 680 to 101. We need a place near SJ with easy off/om freeway access to pick up the south-bay group. We'll be leaving Concord around 9am and should be down there in 70 or 80 minutes... (Depending who is in the lead!) :speedie:

I would like to get the itinerary complete today...

Looks like Mustang/Shelby will be well-represented, indeed!

Dan

Archived