TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any SGT's with out any stripes

Dcourt

There are and some owners are active members. To me they sort of look like a CA Special so in the mean time look for pics of those. TO ME the stripes are part of the heritage and an integral part of the "look" of the car.

People are free to do as they like with their cars but alterations like this, TO ME are sad to see.

I think had the stripes been painted on, and if people hadn't had so many issues, it would be a moot point. But with the concerns people have had, and what it takes to resolve them, some I SUSPECT have convinced themselves that they like the stipe delete look but the reality is it's simply the easiest and cheapest way out of a bad situation.

Of course as always, your mileage may vary!

...the reality is it's simply the easiest and cheapest way out of a bad situation.

He hit nail on the head for me. I bought mine used with 10k miles, and even at that point the stripes looked like hell. My stripes literally contracted .5 inches on each edge, leaving behind the adhesive. After about 9 months of looking at that i decided to take them off. And here is the result. I still get lots of complements on the car especially when its parked next to a bunch of SGT's with stripes. That being said, I will get my stripes put back on at some point, hopefully painted.

Here is how she looks now.

photo.JPG

100_1142.JPG

100_1141.JPG

044.jpg

He hit nail on the head for me. I bought mine used with 10k miles, and even at that point the stripes looked like hell. My stripes literally contracted .5 inches on each edge, leaving behind the adhesive. After about 9 months of looking at that i decided to take them off. And here is the result. I still get lots of complements on the car especially when its parked next to a bunch of SGT's with stripes. That being said, I will get my stripes put back on at some point, hopefully painted.

Here is how she looks now.

photo.JPG

100_1142.JPG

100_1141.JPG

044.jpg

I wouldn't want to go without stripes on mine, but yours does look good without them.

The no stripe look is very clean. I've always been on the edge with the silver on white. Just everyother SGT has a contrast between the base color and stripe except the white one. And I think that looks kind of weird.

If that makes sence

The no stripe look is very clean. I've always been on the edge with the silver on white. Just everyother SGT has a contrast between the base color and stripe except the white one. And I think that looks kind of weird.

If that makes sence

Funny, I get tons of compliments on the silver on white, and like the fact that it's subtle, and not in your face. Sort of like the car's look overall.

Hi Bob As Roger mentioned all Shelby GT's left our facility with the vinyl racing stripes so it would appear that your stripes were removed by the previous owner.

This came from Steven Thornton at Shelby American. When I bought #3852 about three weeks ago it did not have stripes either, but I'm seriously thinking of putting the stripes back on. My dilemma is whether to have the stripes painted on or

buy the decals. I've read many threads where folks are unhappy with the decals and even after replacement, some are still having problems.

Any thoughts guys?

This came from Steven Thornton at Shelby American. When I bought #3852 about three weeks ago it did not have stripes either, but I'm seriously thinking of putting the stripes back on. My dilemma is whether to have the stripes painted on or

buy the decals. I've read many threads where folks are unhappy with the decals and even after replacement, some are still having problems.

Any thoughts guys?

Paint them on unless you have a burning desire to have it exactly the way it left Shelby. I have painted on stripes on my 96 Cobra and love them. I'll be painting mine on once I get a hood done up the way I want it.

Any thoughts guys?

If you can afford to paint them I would paint them.

post-32463-0-09953900-1309452960_thumb.jpg

When I bought my SGT the stripes were not on. I am guessing the previous owner removed them for whatever reason... IMO-Painting them on is the way to go. Trick is to find a good paint shop in your area with a good reputation and that does quality work. I debated for a long time.... Should I put the vinyl stripes back on and deal with all the issues or just have them painted on and be done with it?. Black Walnut Body Works in Zion, Pa did a outstanding job and I could not have been happier with the results. The extra cost involved with painting them on is well worth it in the end. no regrets at all.

Just my two cents.biggrin.gif

post-32463-0-58109700-1309452801_thumb.jpg

post-32463-0-58109700-1309452801_thumb.jpg

post-32463-0-09953900-1309452960_thumb.jpg

Archived